Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 06-06-2011, 11:09 PM   #5853
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GC-Camaro View Post
There is a green v6 at Byers in Columbus

http://www.byersauto.com/new/Chevrol...ce5a97d1e5.htm
They have the worst mark ups though. Went there when I was looking to order and they wanted 31,000 for a 2LT/RS. Went to Jack Maxton Chevrolet and got it for MSRP of 28,880.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #5854
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Drives: 2many2count
Test drove them, wow the V6s are nuts. Real short first, and the clutch operates like a pick-up truck... but other than those we are a fan, so we talked to a guy about seeing if he can find one like we want at the price we want. There is one thats got exactly what we want at a price we want in Illinois. Thinking about taking a road trip if they can't find a way to get it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEOhioSS View Post
We do have a 1SS synergy green though.
I'm about to go buy that 1SS... Thats like my dream car.... haha... I wonder how much they'd give me in trade in on my 2SS??? (I tried to buy a synergy green in '10 because I love them, but wasn't going to settle for a V6!)
2010 Camaro SS modified extensively. I stretched the body to make it a 4 door, but I swapped in the 3.6L DI V6 for fuel economy. Then I picked up a corvette body around the V8. I also swapped the body for a C2 Z28. (In short I traded it for three cars, a Corvette Z06r, a C2 Camaro Z28, and a Cadillac CTS Summer Performance package 3.6L DI with Aisin 6spd.)
Arachnyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:42 AM   #5855
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Driving B-shift CLN, CLS, or BV tomorrow for the OSU folks. Ride only if you wish to have a heart attack.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:05 PM   #5856
velociSSimo
... well, not yet.

Drives: 2012 Chevy Silverado ZL1
Cruise In - Wednesday Nights

A friend of mine's car club hosts this cruise-in on Wednesdays. I'll be there tonight. Stop by if you're in the area ... tonight or any other Wednesday!

Branding Iron Cook House of Mentor Classic Car Cruise-In
5pm-9pm
Mentor, OH 44060
8450 Market St. map

Free
Located just off of Rt. 615 just north of Rt. 2 / Sponsored by North East Ohio Junior Diabetes Reasearch Foundation Walk Family and the Road Dogz Car Club

Presented By: Road Dogz Car Club
Proceeds to: Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation

Food Music
  • Food Specials Cooked Outside
www.brandingironcookhouse.com
www.neojdrfwf.org

Branding Iron Cook House 440-266-0000 Terry Mowery gazette_napajdrf@sbcglobal.net 440-357-8867

Road Dogz - Chris 34ray@live.com 440-376-0359
Old 06-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #5857
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Driving B-shift CLN, CLS, or BV tomorrow for the OSU folks. Ride only if you wish to have a heart attack.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:46 PM   #5858
GC-Camaro

Drives: 2014 Impala
Grove City car show

First-Ever Century Village Car Show

The Southwest Franklin County Historical Society will host the Century Village Car Show from noon-5 p.m. on Saturday, June 11 in Fryer Park, 3899 Orders Road.

The show, presented by Buckeye Classic Cruisers, will be set in Grove City's renovated, turn-of-the-century historic area and feature a wide variety of historic and unique vehicles, cornhole, concessions, a DJ, craft show, door prizes, tours of the village and a silent auction. The rain date is Saturday, June 18.

More than 30 trophies will be presented to cars and motorcycles, and the first 100 registrants will receive dash plaques.

Vehicle registration is $7 and will take place from noon-2:30 p.m.

All proceeds benefit the Southwest Franklin County Historical Society. For more information call 614-279-9732 or 614-878-2432. The Buckeye Cruisers cruise line is 614-279-4122.

GC-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:59 AM   #5859
RS_Man

Drives: '13 Sonic RS 1.4T M6
Safe travels to everyone headed up to Canada eh!! Keep us updated about how everything is going and dont forget....TAKE LOTS OF PICS!!!!!!!! Some of us are stuck in crummy ohio working instead of cruising with dozens of beautiful Camaro's. My parents left around 6ish this morning I believe...they woke me up and I was half awake lol
Old 06-09-2011, 04:26 PM   #5860
cntryman77

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumblebeeAmigo View Post
Test drove them, wow the V6s are nuts. Real short first, and the clutch operates like a pick-up truck... but other than those we are a fan, so we talked to a guy about seeing if he can find one like we want at the price we want. There is one thats got exactly what we want at a price we want in Illinois. Thinking about taking a road trip if they can't find a way to get it here.

I'm about to go buy that 1SS... Thats like my dream car.... haha... I wonder how much they'd give me in trade in on my 2SS??? (I tried to buy a synergy green in '10 because I love them, but wasn't going to settle for a V6!)

check out this place...it's up north by me...I just found out about it yesterday...I may have to swing in & see what he has in house sometime soon... they have a Synergy 2SS in their inventory & I'm sure they'd be happy to put a procharger, , cam, exhaust & some other goodies on it for you...LOL

http://www.gmperformancecenter.com/
Old 06-09-2011, 06:53 PM   #5861
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Test drove them, wow the V6s are nuts. Real short first, and the clutch operates like a pick-up truck... but other than those we are a fan, so we talked to a guy about seeing if he can find one like we want at the price we want.
Finally, someone else who thinks the V6 clutch is crap. I can wait till I get my aftermarket kit from Adkins Performance. Oh, my intake from Vararam Finally shipped!
Old 06-09-2011, 09:43 PM   #5862
cntryman77

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
Finally, someone else who thinks the V6 clutch is crap. I can wait till I get my aftermarket kit from Adkins Performance. Oh, my intake from Vararam Finally shipped!
lucky..I'm just waiting to hear from Ron at Vengence
Old 06-10-2011, 08:38 AM   #5863
SEOhioSS

Drives: 2011 Synergy 2SS/RS M6
Quote:

I forgot to mention that the 1ss is an auto, but its still here right now. Let me know if you might be interested.
SEOhioSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:07 PM   #5864
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEOhioSS View Post
I forgot to mention that the 1ss is an auto, but its still here right now. Let me know if you might be interested.
I know... I saw that. So depressing. The only car I'll drive thats an auto is a pickup truck, sorry!!!

I know they are discontinuing the green, but I really hope the ZL-1 comes out with it... although the more I think about it, the more I think you'd be better off buying a 2SS and dropping 15k into it than buy the ZL-1, but I'll wait to see the final specs.
2010 Camaro SS modified extensively. I stretched the body to make it a 4 door, but I swapped in the 3.6L DI V6 for fuel economy. Then I picked up a corvette body around the V8. I also swapped the body for a C2 Z28. (In short I traded it for three cars, a Corvette Z06r, a C2 Camaro Z28, and a Cadillac CTS Summer Performance package 3.6L DI with Aisin 6spd.)
Old 06-11-2011, 12:08 PM   #5865
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
Does someone else like the V6 clutch? lol... It seriously operates dead on my Jeep and my old S10... not like any car... let alone sports car... I've ever driven!
Old 06-11-2011, 01:13 PM   #5866
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Does someone else like the V6 clutch? lol... It seriously operates dead on my Jeep and my old S10... not like any car... let alone sports car... I've ever driven!
I wouldn't say like, most don't see anything wrong with it. For a car that's supposed to be a sport coupe it's terrible.

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?