Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 06-16-2011, 07:07 PM   #5923
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntryman77 View Post
so, if I disappear for awhile, I went the way of Jason...LOL...I vented about a vendor (also a sponsor) on the vararam v6 thread...I'm pissed...was promised one of the first 10 units they got in, (2 were spoken for counting me actually) but they sold them & never even contacted me when they received the first 2 of the 10 in yesterday...WTF? thanks Vengence Racing
Link!?
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:30 PM   #5924
cntryman77

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Link!?
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...59#post3348659

of course if I don't hear from them tomorrow, my comments may get a lot worse...what's sad is since they are a sponsor, I'll get suspended for letting people know how they screwed a forum member over

Last edited by cntryman77; 06-16-2011 at 07:45 PM.
cntryman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:06 PM   #5925
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Quote:
To post pics:
I suggest you first put pictures on a picture hosting site like flickr or smugmug. Then you can link to them here (you use the "insert image" button above the text box... it looks like mountains.)

To keep track of this thread, you should subscribe to it. Look at the black bar above all the posts in this thread and you'll see a link that say "thread tools." Click on that and subscribe. Then you can just click on "quick links" on the menu bar to see your subscribed threads.

Hope this helps. PM me if you need any more help.
Keep going....I'm learning

I have always just used a bookmark. call me lazy and old fashioned.

Hey, is there a way to add attachments (pictures) to a PM other than a link?
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:21 PM   #5926
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
Keep going....I'm learning

I have always just used a bookmark. call me lazy and old fashioned.

Hey, is there a way to add attachments (pictures) to a PM other than a link?
I embed images in PMs the same way I embed them in posts by using the "embed image" button above the text box and then using a url from flickr or smugmug.

You can attach images to posts by using the "go advanced" button below he text box and then manage the attachments in a dialog box beneath that advanced interface. But I find that more cumbersome.

I have not seen a way to use "go advanced" and "manage attachments" to embed images in PM. (But I have found you can embed youtube videos in PMs the same way you do it in a regular post.)
Old 06-16-2011, 08:25 PM   #5927
SilverIceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss1968 View Post
Hi< I am a new member from Minerva, Ohio. My son and I have a 1968 ss 4 sp restored with just 34,000 original miles in Ermine White and a 2011 SSIIRS black convertible.
Welcome, nice sounding set of Camaros. Hope we get to see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctSS View Post
Anyone planning on heading to the Beavercreek Lafino's cruise in tomorrow evening? As long as the weather cooperates, I'm planning on stopping for awhile. I should be there by 5.
Wow, all the way from CT. Wish we could be there, we have some friends up there in Branford. I'll be in Cincy tomorrow and without my car for a week.

Quote:
so, if I disappear for awhile, I went the way of Jason...LOL...I vented about a vendor (also a sponsor) on the vararam v6 thread...I'm pissed...was promised one of the first 10 units they got in, (2 were spoken for counting me actually) but they sold them & never even contacted me when they received the first 2 of the 10 in yesterday...WTF? thanks Vengence Racing
NO, don't do it....

Then you'll have to join all the outcasts over in M@dernc@maro. (good people though, I met some last weekend in CAN).

What I've learned on here that you don't want to do:

1. Post on a V6 thread if you own a V8.

2. Promote a local non-sponsored vendor over a sponsored out-of-state vendor.

3. Express any opinions about L.E.O.s or firemen.

4. Say anything that someone could mis-read and consider offensive.

5. Say any five letter words that rhyme with "screw".

Last edited by SilverIceman; 06-16-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:25 PM   #5928
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss1968 View Post
Hi< I am a new member from Minerva, Ohio. My son and I have a 1968 ss 4 sp restored with just 34,000 original miles in Ermine White and a 2011 SSIIRS black convertible.
welcome to the site....

I just use the manage attachments button below the submit button and then browse to where I have the pictures on my computer.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:25 PM   #5929
SilverIceman

Quote:
I embed images in PMs the same way I embed them in posts by using the "embed image" button above the text box and then using a url from flickr or smugmug.

You can attach images to posts by using the "go advanced" button below he text box and then manage the attachments in a dialog box beneath that advanced interface. But I find that more cumbersome.

I have not seen a way to use "go advanced" and "manage attachments" to images in PM. (But I have found you can embed youtube videos in PMs the same way you do it in a regular post.)
Thanks

Old 06-16-2011, 08:27 PM   #5930
SilverIceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
welcome to the site....

I just use the manage attachments button below the submit button and then browse to where I have the pictures on my computer.
That's what I do, but "manage attachments" isn't offered when PM'ing.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:30 PM   #5931
TLSTWIN

Quote:
That's what I do, but "manage attachments" isn't offered when PM'ing.
I was responding to ss1968...... sorry
Old 06-16-2011, 08:31 PM   #5932
TLSTWIN

Quote:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...59#post3348659

of course if I don't hear from them tomorrow, my comments may get a lot worse...what's sad is since they are a sponsor, I'll get suspended for letting people know how they screwed a forum member over
Unless you or a mod revised your post, you won't get suspended for that... that is very mild..... no one even responded to your comment
Old 06-16-2011, 08:31 PM   #5933
Darth_Emma

Quote:

What I've learned on here that you don't want to do:

1. Post on a V6 thread if you own a V8.

2. Promote a local non-sponsored vendor over a sponsored out-of-state vendor.

3. Express any opinions about L.E.O.s or firemen.

4. Say anything that someone could mis-read and consider offensive.

5. Say any five letter words that rhyme with "screw".
The one I got in trouble for was telling someone how to track their Camaro on another site other than Camaro 5. So much for trying to be helpful.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:35 PM   #5934
TLSTWIN

Well, I don't want to make anyone mad now....... I got upset when they changed the name my ZL1 video thread, then they added the comment about the ZL1 entrance, then I had a couple of them apologize,They explained why they did it (made sense), THEN they put the thread on the main page, and now YOUTUBE wants to pay me if I allow them to put adds on the video........

I am not going to let them put adds on it.... I like it plain..... not sure how much money they would give me, but I posted the video out of passion..... although a little money wouldn't be bad..... no no
Old 06-16-2011, 08:47 PM   #5935
SilverIceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
Well, I don't want to make anyone mad now....... I got upset when they changed the name my ZL1 video thread, then they added the comment about the ZL1 entrance, then I had a couple of them apologize,They explained why they did it (made sense), THEN they put the thread on the main page, and now YOUTUBE wants to pay me if I allow them to put adds on the video........

I am not going to let them put adds on it.... I like it plain..... not sure how much money they would give me, but I posted the video out of passion..... although a little money wouldn't be bad..... no no
I did notice your videos there, nice job. Great pics too.

If you had taken some videos under the ZL1 of the suspension, etc, Ford would be offering you $$.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:58 PM   #5936
TLSTWIN

Quote:
I did notice your videos there, nice job. Great pics too.

If you had taken some videos under the ZL1 of the suspension, etc, Ford would be offering you $$.
ssshhhhh...... look here http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152326

and really here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...6&postcount=19

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?