Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 06-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #6021
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Well, on the full bushings I think you have to drop the rear subframe. Not 100% sure but I think. If he is doing diff bushings, I am sure he is jsut going to drop it. Its not that hard if youre disconnecting everything to get the diff out anyhow.

You do not have to drop the rear subframe to do the inserts. I hear ya on going over though. Its always nice to watch and learn something. I have a ton of stuff to do on mine. I may jsut go ahead and drop the $80 and do these too.

It never ends!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:48 PM   #6022
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Gordy...

1... Tell me more about these radius rod inserts. How much?

2... I have the rear inserts ready to go on. You learn and them come help me! Lol. I won't be ready to install for a couple weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
LOL, yep $80. This forum is costing me money!

I was really surprised how much the better the steering feels for such a little part. But when you compare the sponginess of the stock pieces to the Pedders, you start to understand.

There's a guy in Dayton - I think his name on here is Synner - who is going to put in the full subframe inserts. I PMed him and told him I'd come help even if it meant just handing him tools and band-aids. I'd like to see it done before I attempt mine. I think he is going to be doing his in a couple weeks. He is also going to be doing the diff bushings, but I don't think I need those with the V6.
Best deal is to get the street I package. Which I have on the way. Doesn't look too difficult, but I have a lift to do it on. Gordy, did you get the regular or HD radius inserts?
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:49 PM   #6023
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

let me look at this "steet 1" pkg. I bet I have most of it already
Old 06-26-2011, 08:50 PM   #6024
nak3dsnake

Quote:
let me look at this "steet 1" pkg. I bet I have most of it already
Yeah, comes with rear cradle inserts and HD radius rod inserts.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:50 PM   #6025
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
I got the Street 1 which is just the regular radius rod inserts and subframe inserts.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:52 PM   #6026
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
You are going to love the cradle inserts. I notice a big difference in my car with them.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:03 PM   #6027
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
Yeah, comes with rear cradle inserts and HD radius rod inserts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
I got the Street 1 which is just the regular radius rod inserts and subframe inserts.
Appears they are NOT the HD ones.

Seems its $300 for this. I'd be money ahead as I already have the BMR inserts for $200 and $80 for the front inserts. I wondering, do I just buck up and spend the $105 or whatever and get the HD ones?

Oh man, once i get all this shit done and my tires on my neighbors are going to hate me. God bless Brown County! Good old farm boys!
Old 06-26-2011, 09:03 PM   #6028
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Appears they are NOT the HD ones.

Seems its $300 for this. I'd be money ahead as I already have the BMR inserts for $200 and $80 for the front inserts. I wondering, do I just buck up and spend the $105 or whatever and get the HD ones?

Oh man, once i get all this shit done and my tires on my neighbors are going to hate me. God bless Brown County! Good old farm boys!
Yeah, just saw that. It has the HD's in the picture though, but the regular part number. Derp.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:09 PM   #6029
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
You are going to love the cradle inserts. I notice a big difference in my car with them.
So what will I notice? Less bounce? Better accelertion feel? Better handling?

Well, since I am a BMR whore... I did find this:

Maintain correct suspension alignment and improve overall handling in your 2010 Camaro with a Front Suspension Bushing Kit from BMR Fabrication. Manufactured from low-deflection polyurethane, this kit consists of the steering rack mount (BK008), lower control arm bushings (BK018), and front radius rod bushings (BK019).

The BMR Front Suspension Bushing Kit (BK022) minimizes alignment-altering bushing deflection in all front suspension links. Reduced bushing movement ensures proper camber, caster, and toe settings producing more consistent and predictable handling abilities.

$150 for all 3 pieces... hmmm. And its not an insert, its a full bushing for the radius rods.

I told myself I wouldn't screw with the front. Thanks Gordy... really!
Old 06-26-2011, 09:15 PM   #6030
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange

I also bought the Pedders steering rack bushing. It was cheap. Looks super easy to install, but the kids wanted to go to the park so I didn't get to it today.

I almost bought the full BMR bushing set, but I won't need the diff bushings, and I didn't feel like messing with the other ones that I had to press out. I fooled with the ball joints on my Trailblazer and even with a ball joint press, they still were a pain.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:17 PM   #6031
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
What I notice most is that the rear end feels more planted under throttle. It used to break loose a bit and get a little sideway before the bushings were installed and I had to correct for that with steering. Now when I step on it, the car stay straight and it sits down and goes. It does ride a bit stiffer, but the bushings did not add any significant noise.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #6032
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

They (CincySpeed) installed my diff bushings when the 4.10s went in. The bushings are still there. The 4.10s... well

Full bushings are a PITA. I could just save the headache and get the inserts... Hmmm.

I guess I could be BMR-Pfadt-Pedderized??? LOL
Old 06-26-2011, 09:20 PM   #6033
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
What I notice most is that the rear end feels more planted under throttle. It used to break loose a bit and get a little sideway before the bushings were installed and I had to correct for that with steering. Now when I step on it, the car stay straight and it sits down and goes. It does ride a bit stiffer, but the bushings did not add any significant noise.
Awesome. My ass end is around on me all the time. Most times I want it to be but sometimes not. My tires are shot too so that may be it.

I don't care about added noise. My car makes all kinds of noises already. Nothing bad, just other sounds... Lately if I touch this button, I can't even hear myself think! LOL!
Old 06-27-2011, 01:48 PM   #6034
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
I guess I could be BMR-Pfadt-Pedderized???
do it...it feels good all over (and a little dirty)
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?