Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 01:57 PM   #43
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
You are more than welcome to go to any mustang forum on the internet and post in the Mustang vs, or other car discussion session about the camaro all day if you please... they wouldn't have created the section if it wasn't for that... it's not called Mustangs Vs Mustangs for a reason.
I am on 2 mustang sites but I dont disrespect the sites with my post nor am I on the mustang site and feel I have to bombard them with information about the Camaro..on a mustang site. You are one of the main culprits in the discontent in the Mustang threads.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:59 PM   #44
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
SSump, you know what i do? I have joined a few mustang forums...why because I know I will be running up against them on the track. Why did I join there because I know those should be the most informative places for me. I ask questions..get in and get out..they know I drive Chevy's...but I dont go there bombarding them with Camaro related stuff...but thats just me..lol
And see junkie thats the correct thing to do if you are going to do that, I don't mind that. What I don't like is when people feel its there job to inform someone else what their brand of car is capable and they aren't on that brands web-site. If you want to truly learn about the comp you well visit that web-site be repectful and not stir up trouble. Because if someone truly wants to know what the comp is doing they will search them out without having to defend their car.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:03 PM   #45
KarFan

Drives: 2023 SGM Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
On paper the advertised power to weight ratio is now in the Mustang GT's corner although it's close. 8.74hp GT to 9.06 SS. The torque ratio is in the SS's corner but again close. Trans gearing is also very close. Until the Track Pack 3.73's are available on GT's.
The real variable is what the 5.0L GT's put down for power. Manual LS3's are loosing roughly 12-14% driveline loss.

An old drag racing rule of thumb states that for every 100lbs of race weight added a car needs 10hp to compensate. In this race the Camaro needs about 25hp advanage over the GT to even up the fight. In the most simple of comparisons.

Really for the first time since the Fox vs. 3rd Gen days we have a base V8 Camaro and a base V8 Mustang in a drivers race.
2002 White Camaro Z28 A4
Old 12-29-2009, 02:04 PM   #46
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:
I am on 2 mustang sites but I dont disrespect the sites with my post nor am I on the mustang site and feel I have to bombard them with information about the Camaro..on a mustang site. You are one of the main culprits in the discontent in the Mustang threads.
So if someone said the camaro makes 235 to the wheels and 5 more people post after saying "yea man i didn't know that thanks" "really? lol fail" "GM sucks 235hp to the wheels on a 426hp car?" "i knew that!" "best GM could do was 16.4 in the 1/4 mile tested and is a fact" you would not help them with knowledge?

can you honestly say you wouldn't feel bad for the guy that thinks a camaro ss runs 16.4?
Old 12-29-2009, 02:09 PM   #47
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
Alright, here's how I see it, a 2011 mustang gt vs a 2010 camaro ss...0-60 should be about identical, and I'm going to say that the quarter will be the same.
But on the other hand, I would be shocked if Chevrolet didn't offer a track pack of their own. We already know 3.73 gears are planned to be released and if they improve the suspension and offer smaller and/or lighter wheels it would beat a mustang gt.
So here's how I see it...
Camaro ss~mustang gt<camaro ss track?mustang gt track pack
Old 12-29-2009, 02:11 PM   #48
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
So if someone said the camaro makes 235 to the wheels and 5 more people post after saying "yea man i didn't know that thanks" "really? lol fail" "GM sucks 235hp to the wheels on a 426hp car?" "i knew that!" "best GM could do was 16.4 in the 1/4 mile tested and is a fact" you would not help them with knowledge?
I say what i have to say and move on. Why because I know what my car can do and it's their site. Now if a Camaro person said that about the Camaro on this site.. I would inform them and then they can do what they want with that info...and at the end of the day..im more than willing to meet at any track in any neighboring state...and if a person keeps talking alot and doesnt ever want to back it up...well that dog is all bark and no bite. Take garagelogic for instance....mature mustang owner...he and I agree to disagree on somethings...he has a strong GT500 and I have a strong Camaro..we both want a piece of the other..so..we keep it civil and are meeting at the track...then guess what...it is what it is...we do not enter the same convo 5 times a day 5 or 6 days a week...oops im back on this topic again..lol...im done
Old 12-29-2009, 02:19 PM   #49
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Quote:
I say what i have to say and move on. Why because I know what my car can do and it's their site. Now if a Camaro person said that about the Camaro on this site.. I would inform them and then they can do what they want with that info...and at the end of the day..im more than willing to meet at any track in any neighboring state...and if a person keeps talking alot and doesnt ever want to back it up...well that dog is all bark and no bite. Take garagelogic for instance....mature mustang owner...he and I agree to disagree on somethings...he has a strong GT500 and I have a strong Camaro..we both want a piece of the other..so..we keep it civil and are meeting at the track...then guess what...it is what it is...we do not enter the same convo 5 times a day 5 or 6 days a week...oops im back on this topic again..lol...im done
You're right i am never going to race you!

i will spectate from now on... and maybe throw an lol here and there...
Old 12-29-2009, 02:30 PM   #50
seadog

Drives: Honda
Did GM make sure the camaro was slower than it`s competion the SRT8 or mustang GT before releasing the production version we have now ...Um..NO

Will Ford let the new mustang GT with it`s new 5.0 be slower than the camaro SS and SRT8...in 2010...ummm..NO

Do you think that manufactures would spend all that money on R&D and benchmarks and bring something new to market and be slower..NO.

The GT will be faster in 2010 for sure, only a tard will think otherwise...however who will be the king in 2011 will be anyones guess..

Do some know the hands on performance stats R&D of the 11 GT..yes

Will the 2011 GT be faster than the SS..yes

nuff said
Old 12-29-2009, 02:37 PM   #51
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
you know folks..its not like the Mustang people (from what I have seen) are going into the other forum sections and picking fights, like the LS3/L99 performance sections or such and brag about the Mustang.

They seem to keep it limited to general discussion sections, the Camaro vs. sections and the Other Vehicle area. Its not exactly fair or any fun to just have a group of Camaro owners sit in a circle and crow about how devastating their car is without some loyal opposition.

It doesnt create a very hospitable area or image for Camaro5 for the feeling to be "lol you dont have a Camaro GTFO".
AGREED. We are better than www.challengertalk.com, lets act like it.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:40 PM   #52
Sleestack

Drives: '07 SRT8 SuperBee, '09 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarFan View Post
On paper the advertised power to weight ratio is now in the Mustang GT's corner although it's close. 8.74lb/hp GT to 9.06lb/hp SS.
That is one way to look at it that removes emotion from the equation.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:40 PM   #53
SamSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog View Post
Did GM make sure the camaro was slower than it`s competion the SRT8 or mustang GT before releasing the production version we have now ...Um..NO

Will Ford let the new mustang GT with it`s new 5.0 be slower than the camaro SS and SRT8...in 2010...ummm..NO

Do you think that manufactures would spend all that money on R&D and benchmarks and bring something new to market and be slower..NO.

The GT will be faster in 2010 for sure, only a tard will think otherwise...however who will be the king in 2011 will be anyones guess..

Do some know the hands on performance stats R&D of the 11 GT..yes

Will the 2011 GT be faster than the SS..yes

nuff said
Is the 2011 GT gonna be ugly just like the other generation Mustangs in the past... 3 decades or so? Umm... Yes.

Are you gonna see a 2011 Mustang at every single stop light? Umm... Yes.

What other muscle car would you go with other than the Camaro? Umm... The Challenger.

Not the Mustang? Umm... No.

'Nuff said.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:42 PM   #54
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Did you hear they are going to remake an old TV show into one new one.. It's going to be a show about a Car that talks. The car will be a Mustang, and Rosanne Barr will be doing the Voice.. A remake of "My Mother the Car".. Called "My Mustang's a real Mother of a Car!"
Old 12-29-2009, 02:43 PM   #55
SamSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARME View Post
Just like stickers add horsepower, ugliness decreases it.
Ugliness = -100hp.

So it's really 315hp

And we're back to last generation's 315 HP again.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:49 PM   #56
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARME View Post
Just like stickers add horsepower, ugliness decreases it.
Ugliness = -100hp.

So it's really 315hp

412 - 100 = 312

Closed Thread