Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-31-2015, 05:46 PM   #15
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
lol
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 05:59 PM   #16
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Lowered = Springs only.

Stanced = extreme lowering, and getting the tires/wheels to almost kiss (or actually kiss) the fenders/quarters. This almost always includes stretched skinny tires on wide wheels.

VIP = RETARDED amounts of negative camber. We're talking well into the double digits.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:51 PM   #17
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by aFe POWER View Post
If you are honestly looking for a "muscle car stance" which I agree looks mean and aggressive. You would have to look into coilovers, this way you can adjust the ride height to your own liking. I am waiting to do this on my personal vehicle, you can choose to lower the front and bump up the rear. After that all you really need is some pretty stout looking wheels and tires and your done.
I guess I'll have to save up for the coilovers. I should change the thread name to take not stance. I'm used to dealing with classic cars which stance is regularly used to discribe a cars look not camber lol. Has anyone dealt with remapping the speedo for taller tires in the back?
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 11:01 AM   #18
aFe POWER

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkentect View Post
I guess I'll have to save up for the coilovers. I should change the thread name to take not stance. I'm used to dealing with classic cars which stance is regularly used to discribe a cars look not camber lol. Has anyone dealt with remapping the speedo for taller tires in the back?
Coilovers would be your best bet, as far as getting the look you want is concerned. In regards to calibrating for taller wheels and tires. There are tuners like SCT and Diablosport that will adjust for speedometer calibration. Plus they add performance too which is another plus .
aFe POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:36 PM   #19
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Okay... back on the topic at hand.. LOL

BMR offers springs with a split drop 1" rear 1.4" front; combined with the slight rake you already have from the factory, this can be a good option. They also offer front and rear springs separately, but that's not really something I'd suggest.

Coilovers will hands down be the best way to go about it. I recommend the RideTech coilovers if going that route.

If I can assist you with any questions, or putting something together, feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

P.S. Keep in mind, you can't change the ratio for the tires from front to rear too far out, otherwise you'll run into ABS/stability control issues.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 03:38 PM   #20
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Tyler View Post
Okay... back on the topic at hand.. LOL

BMR offers springs with a split drop 1" rear 1.4" front; combined with the slight rake you already have from the factory, this can be a good option. They also offer front and rear springs separately, but that's not really something I'd suggest.

Coilovers will hands down be the best way to go about it. I recommend the RideTech coilovers if going that route.

If I can assist you with any questions, or putting something together, feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

P.S. Keep in mind, you can't change the ratio for the tires from front to rear too far out, otherwise you'll run into ABS/stability control issues.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

So if I did a combo of the 1"/1.4" drop springs plus the thicker tire in rear I would prob come close to the look I want. Will resetting the speedo for the new tires void any warranty I have? or could I have the dealer do it?
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 03:46 PM   #21
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
So if I did a combo of the 1"/1.4" drop springs plus the thicker tire in rear I would prob come close to the look I want. Will resetting the speedo for the new tires void any warranty I have? or could I have the dealer do it?
Rather than going with a taller tire I'd just go wider. A taller tire is going to have more sidewall flex and will affect your gear ratio in a negative way. It may look cool, but I'm not one to sacrifice performance for looks.

I'm not sure if the dealer can change the speedometer or not; never actually tried, as we do all of that here through tuning. My guess would be no though.
recalibrating the speedometer should not affect warranty, but depending on the dealer that may be kind of a gray area.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 03:46 PM   #22
ModBargains.com

Drives: Widebody 2013 Mustang GT
Quote:
Thing about springs is that they're set the way they are. If you're looking for a perfect fitment with everything flush with the fenders, you have to have it more customizable to what you want rather than what's pre-set. Yes, springs are much less expensive, and if you find an approximate ride height you're satisfied with like those BMR's, then you can always go that route, but if you want it go to any lower after you finally see it installed on the car, there is no other option to get it lower, you'll have to change it all out again.
ModBargains.com is offline   Reply With Quote