Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-19-2011, 10:08 AM   #43
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Sounds great! I sure would like to get these for the torque kick you get ! Oh well, Damn Kali smog laws
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:49 PM   #44
TekScrew

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT/RS
With the computer reading a problem with the O2 sensors will it try to compensate with the fuel mixture to correct the exhaust gas issue causing a loss of potential performance for the long tubes. Or does it just trip the CEL with no other side effects. I don't want to perform a tune for the LT's. I'm thinking about shorties, but the performance of the LT's is hard to deny.
TekScrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:05 PM   #45
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Wow, sounds pretty good, looks even better! Stock mufflers?

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:05 PM   #46
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbee View Post
Sounds great! I sure would like to get these for the torque kick you get ! Oh well, Damn Kali smog laws
You and me both brotha

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:04 AM   #47
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekScrew View Post
With the computer reading a problem with the O2 sensors will it try to compensate with the fuel mixture to correct the exhaust gas issue causing a loss of potential performance for the long tubes. Or does it just trip the CEL with no other side effects. I don't want to perform a tune for the LT's. I'm thinking about shorties, but the performance of the LT's is hard to deny.
I don't think there are any side effects to not getting a tune. I went to a dyno meet last year and my v6 had the highest hp rating with no tune. I do think you can squeeze some more hp with a tune though.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:04 PM   #48
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
I don't think there are any side effects to not getting a tune. I went to a dyno meet last year and my v6 had the highest hp rating with no tune. I do think you can squeeze some more hp with a tune though.
I'd say a tune helps a bit..gets things all back in line if they are off a bit and gets you maximum HP, but hard to justify several hundred dollars for it in my mind. I know if I didn't go with a tune, I'd at least want some kind of tool to be able to monitor my A/F and timing and see if I notice anything crazy going on.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:12 PM   #49
KMPrenger

So Buddylok, how are you liking the BBK setup since you put this thread up?

How is the drone on the highway and such?? Would you say it is much louder inside the cabin while cruising along then with just your Magnaflows?

(sorry I know I ask these questions all the time, but I hunger for more info from multiple sources lol)

Are you considering adding a resonated X or anything in the future?
Old 05-10-2011, 06:46 PM   #50
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Im pretty sure I'm not out of line to answer these questions for him. Since we are pretty good friends, and I've been in his car quite a lot. However, if he chimes in, just disregard my answers lol.

I believe he likes them a lot still, the highway drone isn't unbearable. It wasn't until he pointed it out that I noticed it. But it IS there... but won't drive you crazy. If you played some music, not even super loud, it will remove the droning noise. It's much louder overall... more BEEF to the full system. You can hear the gases whoosh pass your feet while in the cabin, but subtle. Louder than just with the magnaflows. I can hear buddylok pull up to my driveway from like 2-3 blocks away. And IM inside the house lol. Im always ready to open the door to greet him since I can hear him so far away. The noise has its own identity =)

Last time I asked him, he has no plans on changing any mid pipes.. No Xpipe, no resonated Xpipe. Clearly the drone isn't too bothersome. He actually removed his resonators on his stock mid pipes lol.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:23 PM   #51
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbee View Post
Sometimes, you wish that you lived in Nigeria man .
Old 05-10-2011, 10:58 PM   #52
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Gotta love the power increase + getting rid of those boat anchor stock manifolds.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:38 AM   #53
Cymaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT2/RS
Whats the weight difference between stock and BBK LTs?
Cymaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:42 AM   #54
buddylok

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
So Buddylok, how are you liking the BBK setup since you put this thread up?

How is the drone on the highway and such?? Would you say it is much louder inside the cabin while cruising along then with just your Magnaflows?

(sorry I know I ask these questions all the time, but I hunger for more info from multiple sources lol)

Are you considering adding a resonated X or anything in the future?
Sorry for this late reply, I've been pretty busy in the past few weeks.

I really really like my BBK LT headers. Drone? None. After installing the LT headers, exhaust sound becomes louder, and I get that lovely water boiling sound... U know... Kinda like the subaru's famous unequal length headers.

Believe it or not, the drone was gone after I remove the resonators. And to be honest with you, drone doesn't bother me at all... I kinda like it.

I might replace the stock h-pipe with a X-pipe.
buddylok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:35 PM   #55
KMPrenger

Thanks Jagan and buddylok for the replies!

Man, If i didn't really really want to do some of the exterior visual mods I plan to do over the next month or two, I think these would be near the top of my list lol....I just can't get over that sound.

Oh, and I'm not exactly sure, but I MIGHT try removing my resonated X of these days and reinstalling the stock H pipe, but I don't have my old one. If you end up removing your stock H pipe and decide you don't want it keep me in mind. I might just take it lol.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:29 PM   #56
jmiele

Drives: RIP
How big of a sound difference will they make with just MRT2? Will these also affect inspection in NY state?
jmiele is offline   Reply With Quote