Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #15
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
I just wish GM would dispense with the outdated interiors in the Escalade, Tahoe, Yukon. I tried to tempt my wife with a Yukon Denali and she was laughing as she slid into the drivers seat. She said, not for that kind of money, and I don't blame her.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:56 AM   #16
earn88hardt

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
That's funny. I owned a camaro a year and it spent most of its life at the dealer getting fixed. I have a dodge ram that hasn't had any work done to it besides a headlight bulb and a tail light bulb and regular maintenance. 104000 miles and I've never had any issue. Ill take Chrysler any day over GM garbage. It's better than ford but so is a eBay bought scooter.
whatever
earn88hardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:15 AM   #17
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
That's funny. I owned a camaro a year and it spent most of its life at the dealer getting fixed. I have a dodge ram that hasn't had any work done to it besides a headlight bulb and a tail light bulb and regular maintenance. 104000 miles and I've never had any issue. Ill take Chrysler any day over GM garbage. It's better than ford but so is a eBay bought scooter.
Gotta love it how people can have trouble with one product and then swear up and down that product maker is garbage and then go on to say how other makers are much better because of that....all while ignoring the 100,000 other products out there just like theirs that aren't having any trouble.

This goes for both you and the guy you replied to.

I haven't had any problems with my Camaro. Maybe you got a bad one? Maybe you suck at maintenance? Who knows. Maybe you should just get rid of your Camaro and go get a Challenger?
Old 01-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #18
earn88hardt

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Gotta love it how people can have trouble with one product and then swear up and down that product maker is garbage and then go on to say how other makers are much better because of that....all while ignoring the 100,000 other products out there just like theirs that aren't having any trouble.

I haven't had any problems with my Camaro. Maybe you got a bad one? Maybe you suck at maintenance? Who knows. Maybe you should just get rid of your Camaro and go get a Challenger?
whatever to you too...........
earn88hardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:44 PM   #19
trewyn15

Drives: 2004 Monte Carlo LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by earn88hardt View Post
whatever to you too...........
Old 01-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #20
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I have owned 3 jeeps and 2 of them had transmission problems and the third would just quit running for no particular reason. Dealers never could fix any of them. In fact on the first one they wouldn't even swap the transmission out when they couldn't fix it. I traded it for a Camaro that never had a problem with.
The second one I bought used is the one that kept quitting on me. I traded it for an S-10 pickup also very reliable. The third Jeep I didn't know had a problem until it jumped out of park and almost ran away with my son strapped in his car seat. If it had not been for a fence the Jeep would have ended up at the bottom of a Clift.
I have owned probably 30 GM cars and although some had small issues that were repaired, I never had one reliability or safety issue with any of them.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:36 PM   #21
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
I have zero interest in 8 speeds or diesel.

6 is more than plenty gears, and even then can have too much shift business. The GM V8s have plenty of tq to not need a rediculous number of gears.

It's all marketing hype. 8 must be better than 6...

The Vette just got a 3rd overdrive on the Stingray 7 speed. Drive a current 6 speed vette, 6th is super tall and more than enough overdrive. Driving one I've never thought... wish it had another overdrive.

And diesels.... can't stand the stench, noise, or fuel price. Pass.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:24 PM   #22
05stram

Drives: 2013 RS - 2013 2SS/RS - 1971 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by earn88hardt View Post
Sierra and Silverado will be out by summer take a look...... Yukon and Tahoe won't be far behind you like the jeep? fine chrysler stuff spends too much time in the shop at the end of the day it's still a jeep.

Everytime I read Chrysler spend so much time in the garage I laugh. Look at the ratio of Cherokees vs Tahoes still on the road. And no the current Cherokee design is not older than the current Tahoe. The current Cherokee design is going on its third year a complete chassis up build that is shared with the Durango.
05stram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #23
05stram

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyduc996 View Post
I know for a fact that GM has a 4.5L Duramax that they shelved years ago due to the economy, really wish GM would get their heads out of their asses and put it in the 1500 and SUV's already.. According to a buddy of mine who has some insight at GM told me that he doesn't see it happening... Apparently Americans are not ready for full size half ton trucks and SUV's that get 25-30mpg...

I'm calling BS GM...

I hear the 4.5 is back in engineering - current diesels as you know already are the cleanest engines on the road but still the EPA is squeezing them. However from what I understand the 4.5 if released is designed to be multifuel so it can be adapted for military applications.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #24
05stram

Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
Yes we need a diesel and yes we need something smaller than Tahoe and bigger than an Equinox.
TRAVERSE - those things are HUGE inside. I had one and loved how it hung a curve but could not stand the non feedback from the road or little level of feedback.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:11 PM   #25
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post

Yea. I suck at maintaining my vehicles. I keep a fleet of 12 dodge trucks going just fine. I've had ford and GM trucks in my fleet. Dodges hold up the best. Ride very nice. And tow and push snow the best. I haven't had issues with just 1 GM or just 1 GM dealer. Ill never own another one besides a C5 I'm looking at. But it's not really GM anymore. Everything power train wise is about all aftermarket.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:47 PM   #26
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

I'll just chime in real quick, if the Camaro and the mustang can get 30 MPG with a 6 speed transmission, then why can't the challenger and the charger? Different weights yes but they all fall under performance vehicles. You will only see who is top dog when all competitors have very similar power, weight, etc. if you are going to bad mouth products that have yet to be introduced with little insight then we should be allowed to do the same to a product of another brand even one you claim is so hallowed.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:54 PM   #27
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Quote:
Yea. I suck at maintaining my vehicles. I keep a fleet of 12 dodge trucks going just fine. I've had ford and GM trucks in my fleet. Dodges hold up the best. Ride very nice. And tow and push snow the best. I haven't had issues with just 1 GM or just 1 GM dealer. Ill never own another one besides a C5 I'm looking at. But it's not really GM anymore. Everything power train wise is about all aftermarket.
The trucks are good, but I don't think a Jeep stacks up to a RAM.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:59 AM   #28
C586
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taintedveins View Post
The trucks are good, but I don't think a Jeep stacks up to a RAM.
The guy I was replying to generalized chrysler products. So I kept the trend.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote