Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-29-2015, 04:59 PM   #6567
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
People sure are strange.

I collect a few firearms. I shoot everything I own, but not nearly enough, ammo (and sometimes the right ammo for a firearm I have) ain't cheap any more.

I was just on a collecting website I frequent. And I think some members there actually drove a guy away becasue he chose to have his WWII era bolt-action 1903A3 blued instead of parkerized. That embarrasses me, that some members there are so holier-than-thou.

It reminded me of the very well respected and regarded collecting website I refuse to participate in any more becasue of the behavior of the members. There was all this talk about how many "japs" or "krauts" our rifles had killed in WWII, you know, like we had any right to revel in it...that revolts me. We weren't there and this wasn't the Monday night ballgame. That's nothing more or less than stealing honor and glory from the GI or Marine that used the rifle to preserve his own life and that of his buddies. The guy that pulled the trigger and the guy that caught the bullet are the only two guys that knew what it was like when that rifle was used to kill a "jap" or a kraut". You'd think it was a TV show they were discussing.

Anyway, the "this is the internet" mentality spills over into too many serious real-life things and we forget that real people are on the other side of the screen way too easily. Sorry for the rant.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:08 AM   #6568
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
So what are your thoughts on the new Glock 43? I know that it isn't really available just yet but from what I have seen, it looks like it would be a nice little concealed carry. Price point seems to be a little high at 500ish but I guess time will tell.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 03:07 AM   #6569
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
So what are your thoughts on the new Glock 43? I know that it isn't really available just yet but from what I have seen, it looks like it would be a nice little concealed carry. Price point seems to be a little high at 500ish but I guess time will tell.
The capacity (6+1) makes it unattractive to me. It isn't that much smaller than a G26 which holds four more rounds at 10+1. It weighs 4 oz less and is 1/4" smaller than the G26.

I carry a G29 so I'm not interested in either of them. My wife has a G17, G19, G26, and a G42 and predominately carries the G42. I'll buy her a G43 to bank some points towards getting me out of the doghouse for a future screw up on my part.
Attached Images

blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 06:01 AM   #6570
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
The capacity (6+1) makes it unattractive to me. It isn't that much smaller than a G26 which holds four more rounds at 10+1. It weighs 4 oz less and is 1/4" smaller than the G26.

I carry a G29 so I'm not interested in either of them. My wife has a G17, G19, G26, and a G42 and predominately carries the G42. I'll buy her a G43 to bank some points towards getting me out of the doghouse for a future screw up on my part.
Yea when I was reading more into it yesterday, that was one of the bigger complaints. But seeing as Glocks are some of the most popular hand guns, I am sure that in time there will be extended mags or mag extensions to give it an extra 2 rounds or more .

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:20 PM   #6571
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
For anyone interested the NRA is doing a Easter sale on lifetime memberships. 50% off the normal price. Until April 8th it is $500, normal price is $1,000. I've not seen it this low since the Sandy Hook incident 2 years ago.

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/s...0Life%20Member
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:28 PM   #6572
Black Market Racing

Drives: Yours
Hey guys! This is my first time posting in this section, so first off... Hello! Im trying to get some feedback on my next purchase. I have narrowed it down to 3 guns, all in 9mm. The first is the Sig Sauer P2022. I actually got to shoot this gun at the range last week, and it was immediately my favorite gun I've shot so far. Tight grouping at 25 feet, nice trigger, and it felt great in my hand. The other two is where i need some feedback, because i haven't gotten the chance to try them. The HK VP9 and the Walther PPQ. Any of you guys have any experience with any of the guns mentioned? I appreciate it.
Black Market Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:49 PM   #6573
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Steyr M40, SA XD .357Sig, Tikka T3 .308, Remington 500 12ga.
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:09 PM   #6574
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Market Racing View Post
Hey guys! This is my first time posting in this section, so first off... Hello! Im trying to get some feedback on my next purchase. I have narrowed it down to 3 guns, all in 9mm. The first is the Sig Sauer P2022. I actually got to shoot this gun at the range last week, and it was immediately my favorite gun I've shot so far. Tight grouping at 25 feet, nice trigger, and it felt great in my hand. The other two is where i need some feedback, because i haven't gotten the chance to try them. The HK VP9 and the Walther PPQ. Any of you guys have any experience with any of the guns mentioned? I appreciate it.
You can't go wrong with the Sig or the H&K. I absolutely love the VP9 and if I had the money I would buy one in a heart beat. Personally I don't like Walther's. For the price they simply aren't as refined or as good shooting as other brands in the same price range and they seem to be more finicky on what ammo they will shoot. If I was you I would get either the Sig or the VP9, which ever you can get cheaper.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:40 PM   #6575
Black Market Racing

I actually found the Sig NEW for $399 on Gun Broker, which is stupid cheap. They are selling that same gun at the range for $525, so its a great deal.

The only reason that the Walther is in the conversation is because i keep hearing thats its got the best trigger on the market for a striker fire pistol. Im really curious to hear from someone thats used one. I totally agree about the lack of refinement on the Walther too. I think the HK looks the best and i think that gun comes with like 24 different grip configurations, which is just nuts lol.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:25 PM   #6576
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
H&Ks long guns and PDWs will always garner my attention, but I couldn't care less for their pistol line. Sigs are nice but overpriced IMO. The PPQ feels nice in the hand, but I think 007 whenever I look at one.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 02:27 PM   #6577
Black Market Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
H&Ks long guns and PDWs will always garner my attention, but I couldn't care less for their pistol line. Sigs are nice but overpriced IMO. The PPQ feels nice in the hand, but I think 007 whenever I look at one.
You think the Sig that I found for $399 is overpriced? You cant get a Glock for $399, and IMO, the Sig is a far better gun than a Glock.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:36 PM   #6578
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
I think they're a little late to the game, but I'm sure it'll sell like hotcakes. They need to take some cues from other manufacturers and "melt" the edges a bit, instead of keeping the usual blocky design. Also, it's not really lighter than any other nines. It's not going to be a good pocket carry piece. I already have a slim, light 9mm that I carry (Ruger LC9) so I might not bother with the new Glock.

I bought the G42, and it's basically a waste because my LCP is much easier to carry. I guess one can never have too many guns, though

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 03:37 PM   #6579
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
For $399, that's a good price. Sigs overall IMO are overpriced.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:16 PM   #6580
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
Sigs overall IMO are overpriced.
Yes, they are, but they are such good shooters. I absolutely LOVE my P227. (I practically stole it, though.)
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun