Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-25-2016, 07:12 PM   #113
ZeuSS2011

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS / Black 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydahog View Post
so i assume you got this in, and did the OEM backup camera work ok and backup sensors? thanks
Yes, I installed this kit already. I already had an aftermarket head unit and aftermarket back up camera using the Metra kit. Right now, I only used the HVAC harness from this new kit and the faceplate with the HVAC controls. My chimes and back up sensors work as they did with the Metra kit. The issue I'm having right now is the temperature display at the top is not giving me a reading. All I get is ---F°. No actual temperature reading. Also had the issue with the hazards button not working. Called tech support and they suggested pressing down on the button a bit harder, which worked and checking that the harness for the temperature display is properly connected. Waiting for the chime module to get shipped so that I can go back in there and check the connection, while I install the rest if the kit with the new module.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
ZeuSS2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 10:10 PM   #114
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeperRS View Post
You should be able to use something like this for a lot less. I had my antenna located were the center speaker is now. No issues.

https://shop.siriusxm.com/siriusxm-s...cle-tuner.html
After doing some research I was able to determine that this XM unit will work with the factory XM antenna. You just have to remove the plastic snap on connector from the factory antenna and it will plug directly into this module. There are YouTube videos showing how its done. I was able to get it at Best Buy for quit a bit less than from Sirius directly.
Thanks guy's for your suggestions.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 10:33 AM   #115
Double D Mods

Drives: 2012 Grand Sport Convertible Vette
UPDATE ON CHIME MODULE

PAC AUDIO is aware of the missing modules and are working on correcting this problem for future orders. Of the 130 dash kits that have been shipped from PAC they seem to think this part was left out of all or most of them. They will be working with all authorized dealers to get these modules shipped to your authorized dealer to then be distributed to everyone in need. As long as you purchased a kit from an authorized PAC Audio dealer you should not have any worries.

CHIME MODULE AGAIN LOOKS LIKE THIS

Double D Mods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 10:58 AM   #116
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
thanks for update.
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 02:26 PM   #117
Double D Mods

Drives: 2012 Grand Sport Convertible Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydahog View Post
thanks for update.
no problem
I will have them tomorrow per PAC who just called.
Double D Mods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 06:03 PM   #118
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
So, anyone know if an iPad mini would work with this kit? I've been thinking of doing an iPad install in my car and would need to use a metra kit in order to retain all the factory controls but obviously would prefer this stock look instead if it's big enough...
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 10:04 PM   #119
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS

So as I said yesterday I was able to pick up this unit at Best Buy for less than from XM. Today I was able to install it using the factory antenna. I found a YouTube video that showed removing the plastic clip on the factory XM antenna wire which allowed the wire to plug directly onto the XM tuners antenna connection. I used some industrial sticky Velcro to attach the unit to the dash just to the right of the head unit. XM works perfect and I did not have to deal with mounting the aftermarket antenna.
This was a good suggestion and saves some cash to be used for other things. Pretty much plug and play which I liked.
So far I am very happy with the PAC unit as a whole and recommend. Everything has worked and continues to work except for the phone cue issue.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 11:28 PM   #120
bigwayne3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by patternpilot View Post

So as I said yesterday I was able to pick up this unit at Best Buy for less than from XM. Today I was able to install it using the factory antenna. I found a YouTube video that showed removing the plastic clip on the factory XM antenna wire which allowed the wire to plug directly onto the XM tuners antenna connection. I used some industrial sticky Velcro to attach the unit to the dash just to the right of the head unit. XM works perfect and I did not have to deal with mounting the aftermarket antenna.
This was a good suggestion and saves some cash to be used for other things. Pretty much plug and play which I liked.
So far I am very happy with the PAC unit as a whole and recommend. Everything has worked and continues to work except for the phone cue issue.
Good to hear... wish you were closer to the NE, as I'd pay you to install it over the installers in my area who I have no confidence in for troubleshooting and fixing things like you did...
Old 09-27-2016, 03:24 AM   #121
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by patternpilot View Post

Nice!

Old 09-27-2016, 07:44 AM   #122
bigwayne3000

Can someone who has this unit do some measuring and let me know if an iPad mini would be able to fit in that opening? I'm willing to cut it and sacrifice that temp display if that would make it large enough to accommodate one.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:14 AM   #123
MyLocalDJ

Drives: 2015 2LS
Have mine on order! Thanks for all of the information in advance!!
Old 09-27-2016, 10:25 AM   #124
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 View Post
Can someone who has this unit do some measuring and let me know if an iPad mini would be able to fit in that opening? I'm willing to cut it and sacrifice that temp display if that would make it large enough to accommodate one.
Take a look at post #39.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:38 AM   #125
bigwayne3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
Take a look at post #39.
Damn, sorry I missed that.... is that 17.5" x 10" it looks like?
Old 09-27-2016, 11:04 AM   #126
Yippee38

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS, '02 SOM Firehawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeuSS2011 View Post
Yes, I installed this kit already. I already had an aftermarket head unit and aftermarket back up camera using the Metra kit. Right now, I only used the HVAC harness from this new kit and the faceplate with the HVAC controls. My chimes and back up sensors work as they did with the Metra kit. The issue I'm having right now is the temperature display at the top is not giving me a reading. All I get is ---F°. No actual temperature reading. Also had the issue with the hazards button not working. Called tech support and they suggested pressing down on the button a bit harder, which worked and checking that the harness for the temperature display is properly connected. Waiting for the chime module to get shipped so that I can go back in there and check the connection, while I install the rest if the kit with the new module.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
I'm considering buying this unit. I've got the Pioneer AVIC8000-NEX and a Metra kit.

How was the wiring going from an existing install to this new faceplate. I imagine that converting the wiring could be confusing as hell. It took my hours to wire up the Metra kit. The idea of going from that wiring to this new unit makes me queasy.