Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: What will make a better police car Crown Vic or Charger/Magnum Daytona RT
Dodge: Charger/Magnum Daytona RT 23 88.46%
Ford: Crown Victoria 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2008, 10:47 AM   #1
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
What will make a better police car Crown Vic or Charger/Magnum DRT

Which is better, to me the crown vicks got to go, and with my opinion these vehicles thats listed would sould be police vehicles:

Charger/Magnum DRT's
Impalas
tahoes/Durango's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
discuss

Info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Crown_Victoria
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Magnum
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_C...ackage_Version

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon

Last edited by Muscle Master; 04-23-2008 at 11:14 AM.
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:26 AM   #2
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Oh yeah, the fords gotta go, the whole exploding gas tank thing would be a turn off for me.
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:34 AM   #3
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I think cops should roll around in golf carts and try to catch up.

TAG UR IT can get a Camaro.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:34 AM   #4
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
the cops where I was at in GA had Chargers. I asked about them and they said that they love em'. suprisingly they said they use the V6 model and they were just about as fast, got waaaay better gas mileage, and there's much more room for the fortunate passenger in the back seats, so its a much better in out transition
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:36 AM   #5
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak View Post
Oh yeah, the fords gotta go, the whole exploding gas tank thing would be a turn off for me.
lol right, crown vic's are cheap and flimsy, in philadelphia we are going with chargers and impala LTZ's-think they have nos in them, just a rumor

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:46 AM   #6
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
the york police where i live still use the crown vic's, i asked a police man reccently how he liked it, and what type of mods are on it he said he like the car plenty of power, and for mods he said sumthin like 250 mods mostly on the suspension. when i work weekends at the air port the peel region police use the taho's and chargers, never got to ask any officers about their vehicals.

but my choice would be the chargers, their more updated, and look alot more mean in ur rearview mirror.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:02 PM   #7
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Ok....right now we are testing the Chargers, Impalas, and Tahoes. We currently drive the Crown Vics and have tons of spare veh's just waiting to be used. I really like the Crown Vics....I have nothing to complain about with them (besides styling...which really is nothing when it's for police purposes).

Of all the options out there, I like the Charger the best. I've heard nothing but good things about them. In J turns, the Impala's lifted a rear wheel from the ground in each spin....not too safe. The others did not. Seeing as though everyone won't be driving Tahoes, that pretty much leaves only one vehicle.

But, the Charger looks great and will be roomier. The V6 version of the Charger on the track compared to the Crown Vic we already drive is two seconds FASTER. That's right. The 6'er beats out Fords V8. For patrol, we were told we might see a slow change over to the V6 models. Our traffic guys would get the V8 versions of the Chargers.....which are just a weeeee bit faster....hehe.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:00 PM   #8
Grape Ape

Drives: 96 Bronco w/ a 5 speed
I'd say Pontiac G8. It is faster and more agile than the Charger RT. But I don't think they will be pursuing fleet sales anytime soon.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:31 PM   #9
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
There's two State Police cars here that are Chargers, the rest are Crown Vics and Tahoes. The Thruway has a couple Camaro's and a Mustang. The town cops have all switched to the Chargers.
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:10 PM   #10
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
The Charger. It has a mean look to it. I get scared when i see them come up behind me. Its as if it will go through me if I don't move. Don't get the same vibe from the the crown vic
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:00 PM   #11
chucklesdead

Drives: chevy cavalier,pontiac transam
where i live in ga we have mostly chargers and the under covers are blank white vics and are state have 2 corvette's
Old 04-24-2008, 09:28 PM   #12
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
poor ford crown vic...nobody likes you...what the heck am i talking about, GO CHARGER!!!
Old 04-25-2008, 01:28 AM   #13
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
The Charger. It has a mean look to it. I get scared when i see them come up behind me. Its as if it will go through me if I don't move. Don't get the same vibe from the the crown vic
EXACTLY!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:08 AM   #14
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Drives: 2006 Pontiac Vibe
I've heard that the backseat of the Charger is incredibly tight, no legroom at all with the rear cage installed...

...second to none
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote