Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-16-2009, 01:03 PM   #85
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@Vectormotorsports View Post
Thats correct. Our powerflash does not enable the end user to make adjustments. The Diablo sends 3 generic files to the end user for them to adjust. Our Cables give you the EXACT calibration based on your mods. If for any reason something needs tweaking our software will data log and veiw codes so we can futher adjust the end user's tune. Also the end user for the Diablo or SCT ect. can only make adjustments at w.o.t what about part throttle calibration for economy and such?
Any timing changes take effect throughout the RPM range based on the rpm range you choose.

Also Fuel trims will take care of minor maf curve errors so as long as the maf curve is within 0-5% the car will run almost perfect.

I am not sure if a Global fuel change adjusts the Maf curve or the PE table I will have to look in to this.

I think overall Guys like the ability to read and clear codes, data log, and have user adjustable options, fuel, timing, fans, speed limiter, rev limiter, etc.

Not Knocking your product but it is not at the level of user features that Diablo or SCT has.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:05 PM   #86
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
+1

I've been wondering the same thing, and it always just turns into a your-word-vs-mine argument every time it's brought up...

I have the SLP Loud Mouth II installed on my L99. I want to disable AFM because I hate the sound it makes when it changes back and forth, and especially how often it does it. I currently have no interest in modifying any other settings at all. I don't drag race... I just drive. I also want to be able to take my car to the dealer for regular maintenance and warranty work if necessary, with no hassle.

Any suggestions?
Either Diablo Pedator or Trinity can turn off AFM User Selectable.

Ted.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:06 PM   #87
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Roughly what is the price difference between Preditor and Trinity? I saw where Ted sells the Preditor for about $369....how much are the Trinity going for? I don't need an exact number because I know that pricing is not allowed. Just trying to get a ball park figure.

Also, say I bought one from Ted, is there an additional fee for tuning? I'm assuming not if I use the built in tunes but if for some reason I might need a custom tune there would be a one time charge? If so, about how much is that charge $50, $100, $200?
PM Sent
Old 11-16-2009, 01:08 PM   #88
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Roughly what is the price difference between Preditor and Trinity? I saw where Ted sells the Preditor for about $369....how much are the Trinity going for? I don't need an exact number because I know that pricing is not allowed. Just trying to get a ball park figure.

Also, say I bought one from Ted, is there an additional fee for tuning? I'm assuming not if I use the built in tunes but if for some reason I might need a custom tune there would be a one time charge? If so, about how much is that charge $50, $100, $200?
id like to know the same thing??

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:15 PM   #89
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffny09 View Post
id like to know the same thing??
PM Sent
Old 11-16-2009, 03:47 PM   #90
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Any timing changes take effect throughout the RPM range based on the rpm range you choose.

Also Fuel trims will take care of minor maf curve errors so as long as the maf curve is within 0-5% the car will run almost perfect.

I am not sure if a Global fuel change adjusts the Maf curve or the PE table I will have to look in to this.

I think overall Guys like the ability to read and clear codes, data log, and have user adjustable options, fuel, timing, fans, speed limiter, rev limiter, etc.

Not Knocking your product but it is not at the level of user features that Diablo or SCT has.

Ted.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:11 PM   #91
billw501

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
PM Sent
Ted, do you mind sending me the info also? Thank-you.
billw501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:24 PM   #92
1bacamaro

Drives: 2ss
i would like this info also.
1bacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:45 PM   #93
Hillbilly
Rider of the short BUS

Drives: Ukon/F350(work)/Intruder800
HI all

I just ordered the Trinity from Jannetty Racing. I think this is the best way to go. The gentleman that I spoke with was very knowledgable and had some good advice. You can't beat support help.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:50 PM   #94
BlownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
HI all

I just ordered the Trinity from Jannetty Racing. I think this is the best way to go. The gentleman that I spoke with was very knowledgable and had some good advice. You can't beat support help.

I agree! I just ordered mine From Jannetty today too! I talked to TED.
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:46 PM   #95
eddie SS
ALWAYS A MARINE......!!!

Drives: 2010 camaro IOM/2SS/RS/sunroof
Send a message via AIM to eddie SS
Quote:
If I am reading this right, this is similar to a Diablo except the customer cannot make any changes to the tune files, it is just a transport device for what you write.

I don't see how this compares to Diablo or SCT where end users can make adjustments to existing tunes or even the stock file.

We also Offer a 1 time Tune Fee and Give Free Updates if needed.

If I am wrong Please explain.

Ted.
Not sure if I am reading this right..?? But, ted; are you saying that I will only pay a one time fee for a tune and all future tunes are free of charge..?? Once I add a mod you will provide me with the updated tune for that application for free..?? I have spoken to you on several occasions and have ordered items from you. I have been on the fence about which one to get between the predator and the trinity. There is a big price difference between the two. So I also had to take into account the cost of "custom" tunes. But if you are providing the same service as Vectormotorsports as far as one time fee for tunes then I will definitely be going with the trinity and purchasing it from you. Thanks for all your hard work and in appreciation of it I will continue to purchase from you.

Mods so far: SOLO Performance MACH XL cat-back exhaust, NOWEEDS exhaust diverters, Tinted windows, gas cap decal, bow tie black outs, Cold Air Inc CAI, Eibach Pro kit lowering springs

Mods I have but not installed yet: rear trunk black out, Diablosport Trinity

Future Mods: ARH long tube w/ high flow cats or Dynatech's SuperMaXX long tube w/ high flow cats, Maggie S/C
eddie SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:25 PM   #96
soonerfanru2

Drives: 2ss
ted pm me

hey ted pm me a price on diablo and trinity with tunes thanks
soonerfanru2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:47 AM   #97
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie SS View Post
Not sure if I am reading this right..?? But, ted; are you saying that I will only pay a one time fee for a tune and all future tunes are free of charge..?? Once I add a mod you will provide me with the updated tune for that application for free..?? I have spoken to you on several occasions and have ordered items from you. I have been on the fence about which one to get between the predator and the trinity. There is a big price difference between the two. So I also had to take into account the cost of "custom" tunes. But if you are providing the same service as Vectormotorsports as far as one time fee for tunes then I will definitely be going with the trinity and purchasing it from you. Thanks for all your hard work and in appreciation of it I will continue to purchase from you.
Yes there is a decent price difference between the Predator and the Trinity but there is a HUGE Feature difference.

Yes I will charge a 1 time Tune Fee if that works for you, but also understand that not all mods require a different tune.

I also Don't want to charge a guy full one time price for a simple change so I can custom price for custom changes to be fair to everyone.

Let me know your thoughts on this?
Old 11-17-2009, 02:07 PM   #98
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

Drives: Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS A6
Ted
I have exchanged email with you as well and I appreciate all you do for the Camaro fans. I am on the fence between the preditor/Trinity and Vectormotorsports tune. from what I have read, Vector has a much better tranny tune then the Preditor or Trinity and with an L99, that is huge. Also, what are the main differances between the preditor and trinity and which would be best for someone just adding basic aftermarket stuff (CAI Cat back) and not planning much more.
2010 Camaro SS/RS Victory Red A6- Vararam Intake, Doug Thorley Tri Y LTs, Magnaflow X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's, VMS Tune, Razzi Ground Effects, Herritage Grill, RED headlight and fog light Halos, LED DRLs, Dash and extended Door ABL, engine, grill and rear defusser LED lighting ........ 12.59@112.21 (DA Corrected)
Icntdrv55 is offline   Reply With Quote