Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 03-01-2014, 09:05 PM   #1
Sigmon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
HELP with RS light conversion

Hi. I recently purchased a set of RS headlights from a forum member and an adapter kit with the add a fuse harness from Gen5DIY . After plugging everything in the high beam on the left side (If you are facing the car) does not come on. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the issue could be, either with the harness or the light? I would like to see if it is a simple fix before I contact the member I bought the lights from saying that one is not working properly. Thanks.
Sigmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:53 AM   #2
MGD

Drives: 16 Camaro SS
Head light test

If you want to make sure your lights are OK, you can test it. If you look at the plug, there are 4 pins.
A = Ground
B = 12 Volt for the ballast (Head light)
C = 12 Volt for the High Beam Solenoid
D = 12 Volt for the Halo Ring

If you apply 12 Volt to pin C, and ground to A you should hear a click from the solenoid. If you don't hear a click, open the bottom of the light (remove the ballast), you should see two little plugs in the light. The black one is for the solenoid. Make sure it is connected right. Pic 2. If the light works, then you have a problem with your harness.
Hope that helps.
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2014, 03:02 PM   #3
Sigmon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
FIXED

Sorted it out, it was the wiring harness and I was able to pull the wire re crimp the connector and re install it in the connector. Lights are working fine now.
Sigmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:36 AM   #4
Mpaxel

Drives: White
I have a similar problem, wonder if you guys can help. I just bought headlights from a forum member, when I connected the hardness with the halo always on, my passenger headlight would turn on too, I contacted gen5diy and they were really helpful, I did several test and still the same, they replaced my hardness and I installed the new one, it seems fine only the halos turn on now During the day but when I drove it at night the halo was the only thing on, the only thing I could do was put my high beams on it was the only way I could turn them on
Mpaxel is offline   Reply With Quote