Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 10:38 AM   #141
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
OUCH.....that's freakin' loud!

Glad I got rid of my muffler delete when I added headers. That's definatley not for me but as long as you like it that's all that matters.

Glad I'm not your neighbor...

I absolutely love it. I get looks even more than I did before. I love the attention my car gets. She actually demands it......LOL
Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
My car is exactly that, No one has to like it but me!
Old 09-17-2010, 10:48 AM   #142
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
At Classic Chevrolet just before the Laps for Charity drive on 9-11, a few of the guys with superchargers and various after market exhausts reved up their engines, CamaroCowboy reved up his and we couldn't hear anything else's (we were standing pretty close to his car).....

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
Old 09-17-2010, 10:50 AM   #143
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 2-Tone View Post
For those of you that have the OBX. Do you notice they hang any lower than the other brands and those that do have them are your cars lowered??
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCowboy View Post
I would say they hang about a 1/2 in lower than stock, maybe. No my car is not lowered. I have yet to scrape anything on the bottom and i drive my car every day.
They are maybe 1/4" - 1/2" lower right at the collector flange. No problem with scraping whatsoever.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:53 AM   #144
CamaroCowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbui View Post
At Classic Chevrolet just before the Laps for Charity drive on 9-11, a few of the guys with superchargers and various after market exhausts reved up their engines, CamaroCowboy reved up his and we couldn't hear anything else's (we were standing pretty close to his car).....

You should have been closer to me when i went through the tunnel.......I had my windows down, car in nutral, reving the whole time man I thaught my ears were gonna bleed.......IT WAS AWSOME!!!!!!
Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
Old 10-05-2010, 10:51 AM   #145
Scrapppy666

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black/Black
Hicompression.... any CEL yet? And how many miles have you put on since the install?

Pittsburgh Automotive Photography
Black on Black 2SS/RS w/ white stripes Dynomax 3" Bullet Catback, CAI Cold Air Intake
Old 10-05-2010, 11:03 AM   #146
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapppy666 View Post
Hicompression.... any CEL yet? And how many miles have you put on since the install?
Right at 1000 miles. No CEL.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #147
CamaroCowboy

Heres my baby on the dyno last weekend....

There was a friend of one of the mechanics there talking to his dad on the phone and when they started running my car his dad asked him if he was at the airport.....classic.......
Old 10-06-2010, 07:21 AM   #148
ctk1
Camarofanatic

Drives: 1969 SS, 1998 RS, 2010 VR 2SS/RS
What did your car dyno at before the header install? Automatic or manual? The headers look like a very nice quality, and for the price they are definitely hard to beat.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:28 AM   #149
CamaroCowboy

I didn't dyno my car stock. I do know that the average for an M6 SS si about 370 - 380 normally......so not to bad gains form just headers and a CAI
Old 10-06-2010, 02:05 PM   #150
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
The videos sound freakin awesome!!!!! And by the way...
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2010, 02:15 PM   #151
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCowboy View Post
I didn't dyno my car stock. I do know that the average for an M6 SS si about 370 - 380 normally......so not to bad gains form just headers and a CAI
DAMN!!!! 413rwhp with just headers and cai. That is the highest that I have seen. What kind of dyno?
Old 10-06-2010, 04:15 PM   #152
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazurus Man View Post
Wow the hate is strong on this forum. The site vendors are very aggressive here as well. Sucks you have to take so much crap when you post about your mods here...
Agreed man. Some people are looking to substantiate their uneccassry spending habbits. No need to buy over priced stuff all the time. If you do good for you, just no need to bash us little pions for saving a few dollars. If you have money to blow send me a check written to cash (thanks in advance). Its great to see more than one choice, we know we risk the lack of customer service for saving up front but it is our choice, get over it. Companies copy competitor designs in just about every market to some extent. They copy it and try to make it better or equal for the less price. It happens everywhere. Look, there is only so many ways to bend LTs and fit them in a car. I could run around looking at pictures of every LT out there and find other LTs that appear to be "stolen copies". And what about Chrystler, they stole parts of their modern V-8 design (the current HEMI) from GM and admitted it. I know this is a GM site but we're not going to stop buying HEMI's now because they're thieving scumbags are we? I could rant about websites too, several vendors have websites that are nerly identically formatted the same. Guess what someone design the original format and the rest "stole" it and modified to suite their needs to save paying a graphic designer from scratch to develope one. Same goes for this forum, we're all scum for supportting C5 now because they "stole" this forum format?

To the OP, thanks for the report and details.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #153
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
To the OP, thanks for the report and details.
You are more than welcome!
Old 10-07-2010, 07:29 AM   #154
CamaroCowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 2-Tone View Post
DAMN!!!! 413rwhp with just headers and cai. That is the highest that I have seen. What kind of dyno?

Dynojet Dynomometer

Closed Thread