Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-22-2012, 05:12 AM   #43
GatorUSMC

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
I'm sorry my friend but I am calling on your buddy's tire story. Especially, if there wasn't a question as to his car being the wrong car......it just doesn't work that way especially if he really took the dept to court.....they would have spent more money to fight that claim than just paying for the mistake. I ain't buying that one.

2nd

GatorUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:23 AM   #44
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
When I got my 1LT, I got a ticket while trying out the paddle shifters, and that was after owning it for a whopping 4 whole days!

As if that wasn't bad enough, I later traded up to a 2SS, and yes, got another one recently.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:14 AM   #45
TwistedEnergy

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitsua View Post
Everyone keeps asking me if I have gotten any tickets yet... not in this car I haven't at least.

My last car was a four door Focus SE with the sports package and a large spoiler on the trunk (dealer where I got it said it would help with trade in value since it wasnt the car I really wanted in the first place). I was always getting followed by cops and pulled over when I was driving home at the speed limit from my late night job.

The only actual ticket I earned was driving up to PA at 3 AM in Maryland. I was using cruise control and had it a little over 65 just before a toll area. I was very tired since I had just been at work for 12 hrs and I had not been up that way before. I didnt notice the speed limit change and was stuck behind a large pickup heading towards the booths. I changed lanes and realized I was in the wrong lane for payment and got in front of the truck when he was fully in my rearview. Few moments later I was getting pulled over. I thought it was just for speeding, simce I stupidly forgot about my cc. Cop was having none of that and was sarcastic to m when I answered the normal question with an apology about my speed. He hit me up for that and three other traffic infractions: passing on left (never heard of this), tailgating (I was about a car's length behind) and aggressive driving because of the previous two counts. $650 total. I was in shock. I'm the kind of person who signals in a parking lot and is if anything overly cautious. I really think being out of state where I could not contest it and that spoiler hurt me. I haven't had nearly the attention from cops in my current car... and that focus couldn't even get passed a minivan from a stop.
I have hd a lot more people blow past me in this car and ride me aggressively trying to egg me on though. I look at it as not being worth the gas or ticket price.
Damn, that's just some bad luck right there. Sometimes it seems like they are just out to get you. And no matter how nice you are you are going to get screwed either way.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:27 AM   #46
Coltrane
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantydropperSS View Post
got my first speeding ticket ever a week and a half after owning the car 99 in a 45 really stupid on my part. then got one 3 days ago bein a dd didnt want dude to throw up in my car so ended up getting a 76 in a 45, in the process of the most recent ticket the cop put a 4 inch long scratch on my car right behind the driver door
Troll
Coltrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #47
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
...thread def went full re re lol
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:21 AM   #48
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
...thread def went full re re lol
Ya think?

This thread has run its course...time for it to be closed.....
Old 05-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #49
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
seven months after I bought my six- two days after christmas.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote