Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-18-2012, 08:50 PM   #1933
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
Was that from the driveway?? Crap, I can't remember...I think the camaro pic was from down the street....getting old sucks
Gary said it was from the driveway...
Old 05-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #1934
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Just stoppin in real quick to say I will be back on C5 more often starting Monday!! Glad to be back in contact with all you ladies, BUT not glad to be going back to work. I'm gonna miss my boys!
Mysteek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:06 PM   #1935
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Welcome back! Just a quick Hi. Up late getting ready for a big car show tomorrow in Louisville, Ky. Not much sleep tonight. Ruby looks purdy! Red Raider too. We ate both driving up there. Up early & a long drive but it will be fun! Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:19 PM   #1936
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
Have fun Ruby!

Cincy Speed is having a dyno day here tomorrow. IDK if I'm going to dyno the car, but at least might stop by to see a few C5 folks.
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:58 PM   #1937
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Sounds like everyone has some fun planned! I'm going to a women's only car care session hosted by our Camaro club, at a Corvette shop. Should be fun, a group of Chevy girls!
Old 05-18-2012, 11:59 PM   #1938
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven_is_inferno_orange View Post
So I won my first trophey for show and also a 3rd place in my first drag racing event and I was really excited to call home and tell mom. Well she finally got back from her trip to visit my great aunt and I got to call her today and was so excited to tell her and all I got a was good nagging for taking my car down the track. She didnt even acknowledge my show trophy. I love my mom but lesson learned... dont call her about car stuff.

Winning this stuff is kinda bittersweet anyway. I really wish it was my daddy I could have called. Sucks winning something and the one person you wish you could tell you cant.

My parents have been gone since 1991 and 1997 - I can empathize with how you feel. Congratulations though, even if your mom doesn't appreciate car stuff you still have her around so it's a blessing

Quote:
Hi Ladies,
I just thought I'd introduce myself. Proud mommy of a 2010 Synergy manual, Dragonfly.
Hi Dragonlady Maggie, welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewel25 View Post
Happy Friday Ladies! It is a beautiful day here in WV/MD.
Happy Friday, it was a beautiful day in Eastern Washington too. We get to look at the backside of those wonderful mountains Jeanette showed us pictures of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteek View Post
Just stoppin in real quick to say I will be back on C5 more often starting Monday!! Glad to be back in contact with all you ladies, BUT not glad to be going back to work. I'm gonna miss my boys!
WB, nice to see you back around the forum!

I went to a "kids and cars" day at a local elementary school. Stopped at starbucks to grab a coffee and dust off my car before arriving at the event. Finished up the dusting, getting in the car, the frikkin' sprinklers came on and drenched my fresh wax job. I got most of the water spots off but I need to bust out the PC7424 and order more Adams products
The event was great, several of our Camaro club members came by to brighten those kids day. They loved it and we all had a good time telling the kids about our cars and showing them off.
Attached Images

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #1939
CarolinaChick

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT/RS
Mopar show today at a local community college. (Remember, a Challenger sleeps beside my Camaro here.) I dunno - last time they had this shindig, the people were, well, not so friendly. I think I'll stay home and finish laundry instead of heading up that way.
CarolinaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:09 PM   #1940
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
We may have a lot of overcast, drizzly days, but even one sunny day when the mountain is out makes up for it. Plus, without the rain, we wouldn't be the Evergreen State. I'm less than an hour from mountains, the Puget Sound, or the city. Less than 2 hours from the desert on the east side of the mountains, or the rain forest in the Olympic mountains, and less than 3 hours from ocean beaches. I live in the perfect place, as far as I'm concerned If you ever do decide to move up, I'd be happy to show you around, and introduce you to our wonderful PNW Camaro family

Here's a sunrise picture I took in January, at a little airport about 2 miles from my house:

Just... wow. I would never get tired of that view. When people talk about Washington, they make it sound like the worst state ever.. But good lord that's gorgeous..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteek View Post
Hi Gracie! Looking forward to talking to you soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
My parents have been gone since 1991 and 1997 - I can empathize with how you feel. Congratulations though, even if your mom doesn't appreciate car stuff you still have her around so it's a blessing

Hi Dragonlady Maggie, welcome!

Happy Friday, it was a beautiful day in Eastern Washington too. We get to look at the backside of those wonderful mountains Jeanette showed us pictures of.

WB, nice to see you back around the forum!

I went to a "kids and cars" day at a local elementary school. Stopped at starbucks to grab a coffee and dust off my car before arriving at the event. Finished up the dusting, getting in the car, the frikkin' sprinklers came on and drenched my fresh wax job. I got most of the water spots off but I need to bust out the PC7424 and order more Adams products
The event was great, several of our Camaro club members came by to brighten those kids day. They loved it and we all had a good time telling the kids about our cars and showing them off.
Your car looks really good in that picture!
Old 05-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #1941
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
We may have a lot of overcast, drizzly days, but even one sunny day when the mountain is out makes up for it. Plus, without the rain, we wouldn't be the Evergreen State. I'm less than an hour from mountains, the Puget Sound, or the city. Less than 2 hours from the desert on the east side of the mountains, or the rain forest in the Olympic mountains, and less than 3 hours from ocean beaches. I live in the perfect place, as far as I'm concerned If you ever do decide to move up, I'd be happy to show you around, and introduce you to our wonderful PNW Camaro family

Here's a sunrise picture I took in January, at a little airport about 2 miles from my house:

Is that Mt. Rainier? I think I can see the Cleavers from here! Beautiful picture.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:29 PM   #1942
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Is that Mt. Rainier? I think I can see the Cleavers from here! Beautiful picture.
That is Mt Rainier. I never get tired of looking at it...

The women's car care session was REALLY good today. Even though I did know a lot of the stuff already, I learned a lot, too. And, I won a door prize of a $50 gift certificate for the Corvette shop. It was a great day!
Old 05-19-2012, 07:32 PM   #1943
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Just... wow. I would never get tired of that view. When people talk about Washington, they make it sound like the worst state ever.. But good lord that's gorgeous..

You've been talking to people who only visited long enough to see a string of rainy days when the mountains are in the clouds... ONE sunny day - and I might add we've had 13 in a row - makes up for 50 rainy ones.
Come visit sometime in July or August, when I can pretty much guarantee a sunny day, and I'll give you the grand tour.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #1944
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

I just finished telling someone else about the women's car care session I went to yesterday, and thought I'd share more details, in case any of you want to try to organize one in your area.
It was a pre-prepared program, complete with a pamphlet to refer back to and a power point presentation, sponsored by AC Delco. It's called "Knowledge is Power". I'm no gearhead, so even though I already knew a lot of what was presented, I still learned a few things. It's aimed at all types of cars, so you could invite other clubs, or wives of the male members of your Camaro club.
To set it up, all you would have to do is find a local shop to host it, and call AC Delco... The AC Delco rep that was at the one I went to used to work for GM, so he had a lot of good input about Camaros and 'Vettes. At points during and after the presentation, the shop owner showed us cars up on lifts, did a test scan on one of the attendees cars (her CEL went on when she got to the shop!), and he also showed us examples of parts that were being discussed in the presentation.
I hope some of you may be able to set something up like this - it was fun, and having something JUST for the gals was nice...
Old 05-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #1945
SSGirl
Life's Good!

Drives: 2SS/RS SW with Black Stripes
Send a message via AIM to SSGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SSGirl Send a message via Skype™ to SSGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Here are Ruby's new shoes! And her Happy driver. More pics here:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=1#post4949378
Wow Ruby! Those new shoes sure are pretty!!!!!

Quote:
Since we've talked about how people assume our cars belong to our husbands or boyfriends, how people use the term "chick's car" as an insult, and about the comments about women being bad drivers, I figured this is the right place for my little rant...

I was at a car show yesterday (check out the PNW forums for pics - it was really fun, and all the 5th gens in attendance are people who met right here on the forums ). There were 2 models going around, and a photographer was taking their pics with each car. I wondered where the male models were for pics with my car.... I found it rather sexist to assume that the cars were all owned by men. Some firefighters came by later, I wanted to get their pic with Ladybug, but they never walked that direction... :(
Well that sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Well I was taken out on a date this evening. Hubby actually took me to a movie. We went to see Dark Shadows. That was my favorite show as a kid. I loved the TV version of Barnabus Collins & I wanted to be Angelique. Well to tell the truth, I had to threaten that if he did not take me to see it at the theater I would find someone who would. It worked. Here is a pic just before we left. We went to visit my dad & his mother first, then the movie. It was rainy all day here but still nice to go out.
Sounds like you had a nice Mother's Day!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaChick View Post
I was told today - "You sure are pretty for a blonde."

Uh.

Well.

After a weird silence, I responded "Well, thank you." Then I just sort of grinned and walked off to help a customer.

WTF was I supposed to say to that?

I guess that was their attempt of being kind and trying to compliment me but it sure sounded weird.

I know I don't say a whole bunch around here but I just wanted have a "CC's WTF Moment" with you all.
UT OH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven_is_inferno_orange View Post
So I won my first trophey for show and also a 3rd place in my first drag racing event and I was really excited to call home and tell mom. Well she finally got back from her trip to visit my great aunt and I got to call her today and was so excited to tell her and all I got a was good nagging for taking my car down the track. She didnt even acknowledge my show trophy. I love my mom but lesson learned... dont call her about car stuff.

Winning this stuff is kinda bittersweet anyway. I really wish it was my daddy I could have called. Sucks winning something and the one person you wish you could tell you cant.
Congratulations for both things!! You should be very proud!

Quote:
Hi Ladies,
I just thought I'd introduce myself. Proud mommy of a 2010 Synergy manual, Dragonfly.
HI!

"Betty" 2011 2SS/RS
K&N CAI, Customized Graphics, JBA Long Tube Headers, JBA High Flow Cat Back Exhaust, LED Fog Lamps, Heritage Grill, TSW Mirabeau Multipiece Alloy Wheels.
SSGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #1946
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
?

Hey girls I'm still alive ha! I have been becoming super depressed lately. I got a phone call early Thursday from my doctor my test came up abnormal. I have to go in for another screening on Tuesday. I'm freaking out right now. I'm flying out to Arizona on Friday for a mini vacation but I can't get happy:(
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote