Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-10-2011, 11:20 AM   #491
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Well good. Some progress is being made. Are your Showstopper accessories being put on as well this trip?
Old 05-10-2011, 11:23 AM   #492
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Well good. Some progress is being made. Are your Showstopper accessories being put on as well this trip?
Yeah everything will be put on, mirrors and all the LED stuff and wired up so hopefully if evrything works out, Pluto and Mars aligns right and I stand on my left foot with my right arm in the air I might get it back Friday.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:36 AM   #493
garcmol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Yeah everything will be put on, mirrors and all the LED stuff and wired up so hopefully if evrything works out, Pluto and Mars aligns right and I stand on my left foot with my right arm in the air I might get it back Friday.
This is why I like my driveway so much Now, granted, paint I can't do and I can't find a shop worth a hoot around here. I went to Panama City to have that done right. First shop was a disaster. Gary hooked me up. I may be getting some 20 in wheels/tires for my car now if all works out. We'll have to see.

Crossin' my fingers for Friday!
Old 05-10-2011, 11:40 AM   #494
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Well if I get it Friday then that will give me a good week to have all the trunk work done for the gathering and that should be time enough according to the stereo shop owner, plus give me some clean up time as well.

Oh I will have to tell you how I remodeled my old garage last Friday night. EPIC FAIL
Old 05-10-2011, 12:04 PM   #495
garcmol

Quote:
Oh I will have to tell you how I remodeled my old garage last Friday night. EPIC FAIL
This doesn't sound good.......
Old 05-10-2011, 12:29 PM   #496
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
This doesn't sound good.......
OHHH it wasn't, I'll just saw Hummer, Skeeter Bass Boat backing up at night.............just a little to much well about 3 feet to much.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:33 PM   #497
garcmol

Quote:
OHHH it wasn't, I'll just saw Hummer, Skeeter Bass Boat backing up at night.............just a little to much well about 3 feet to much.
I almost guessed it had something to do with a bass boat! Have a similar tale with a Stratos bass boat and privacy fence
Old 05-10-2011, 12:42 PM   #498
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
I almost guessed it had something to do with a bass boat! Have a similar tale with a Stratos bass boat and privacy fence
The bad part is we had went to B'ham to the Dr's Office earlier that day to get my staples removed , Kelley drove and I messed with her the whole way there and the whole way back about her driving. Yepper and I go and run into the house, not the mail box, not a telephone pole oh no I had to hit the biggest thing in the yard. I will never live it down. Good thing is no one was hurt, boat motor got a 3/4" scratch and it is all fixed now , well except the brick.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:36 AM   #499
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Update on Dr Jkel. Went by last evening on the way to Little League and the wetsanding and buffing was being done. YEAH!!!!!! Called this morning and they have 3 places that they don't like and are wetsanding again, said a little trash was in it, but hopefully this afternoon it should be done, but I suspect tomorrow to be safe.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:14 AM   #500
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Why exactly are they doing all this sanding?
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:26 AM   #501
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Why exactly are they doing all this sanding?
WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. The first time the car was sanded and cleared it left something to be desired. I tried my best to buff it out. I went to the Detail Clinic in Atlanta and let AJ ( Junkman) see it and we both agreed it needed to be re-done so I took it back, actually I made the owner come to my garage and see it under my lights.

Well he agreed it was not to his standards, So once I got the new spoiler he agreed to re-sand the entire car and re-clear it, On His Dime.

This time I told him how I wanted it done, after some recommendations from a certain detail guru, LOL. So they sanded it back down, cleared it, sanded it with 2500, cleared it again, then sanded it with 3000 and now are buffing. Now they could be lying to me about the stages but it will show itself if they do since I have been told how to look for it by the detail guru.

This is why it is taking SOOOOOOOOO Long, after they buffed it last night they found 3 little placed that they wanted to fix cause they said they knew I wouldn't have it, LOL and they were right.

Everything is painted and cleared and buffed, one place on the roof, one on the hood and one on the front fender they are fixing, or it should be fixed by now. Then sand again, buff and put back together.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:12 PM   #502
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Heres a few shots from tonight at the shop. Painted Calipers and the spoiler painted. Final buffing and clean up was being done on the car and will be ready tomorrow after work. YEAH !!!!!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by Dr Jkel; 05-19-2011 at 06:27 AM.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:25 AM   #503
garcmol

Looking good! This will be a long day at work for sure!
Old 05-19-2011, 06:21 AM   #504
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Looking good! This will be a long day at work for sure!
You ain't never lied. I had to take them some of my Adam's stuff to clean it up. They kinda looked crazy at me when I told them to use only this stuff to wash it and NOT to drop the wash mits. LOL

I stayed about an hour last night going over it while they were buffing, I think I made them nervous, but I found only one small little place that I couldn't live with and they said they would take care of it, nothing major just a small little imperfection. They all laugh when I tell them that I am driving it. They say as picky as I am that I should trailer it, NOT.