Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 02:11 PM   #155
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
I have to agree with this one. If Camaro was being discontinued next year, and my only choices were that or the Chally', that's what I'd be looking into. I'm sorry, as far as acceleration, which is what I'm mostly into, in the current Automobile Magazine (I think it is, anyways), the GT got flat-out spanked by the SS. I think the only car capable, stock, of satisfying my need for speed, would be the Shelby. I'll still need a CAI, pulley, and exhaust, with a tune but I think that'd make me happy.

Still, if these rumors are close to true, that GT and the V6 are going to be coming up!
I still would not buy one... thats the way I was raised. Its still a Ford and I was raised in a GM family. Brand loyalty at its worst over hear
I will give it its props but I would never buy one!
Old 09-02-2009, 02:17 PM   #156
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I agree, with a few exceptions, like the Cobras of late. We won't talk about the pre-'99s, was it?...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 09-02-2009, 02:21 PM   #157
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:
I agree, with a few exceptions, like the Cobras of late. We won't talk about the pre-'99s, was it?...
Pre 99's were a hit and miss...The Pace car..I think 95 Cobra was a good one. And the 93 Cobra was good. The 99 Cobra is debatable...
Old 09-02-2009, 02:22 PM   #158
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
96-98 was not a good year for the Mustang GT, BUT in the 80s that little 5.0 was as quick or quicker than the big gun L98 F-bodies. It wasn't until the LT1 was offered in 93 that F-bodies got a distinct advantage over it's ponycar rival. In any case, i wouldn't the 99-04 SVT Lightning, 03-04 Cobra, 01 (I think) CObra R, 07+ GT500s, or the Ford GT underpowered.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:35 PM   #159
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Well that was anti-climactic. They were out of Mustangs. Literally. CFC claimed most of them. Others just had cash on hand and just took advantage of the incentives. SO many Focuses that I just had to test one for giggles.. and good lord, I liked it.

Now, if they could do a coupe, It would work perfectly as my winter beater, gas sipper post grad car until I could scrounge up the money for an SS. It may be a long wait for me to actually get the car I want. And if I can get something peppy to hold me over and help my brother rid us of the dying Monte I wouldn't mind driving a Focus Coupe or Fiesta Coupe. Only because I have the Z-plan.. (now if anyone has GM Employee and would like to share.. )

On a side note, tried to test drive a Chally. A Used one.. they wouldn't even let them off the lot unless you had dialed in a deal because they actually had an incident where an R/T was destroyed and a customer was badly injured. Not to mention the OODLES of tix that these cars rack up JUST ON TEST DRIVES!

Yeesh. Not going to get a Chally because they're so god awful expensive, but its down to price and market of availability whether it be Mustang or Camaro. I gotta say though.. that Focus was comfy for a 4 door (5'11 275) runaround.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:38 PM   #160
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnomac77 View Post
I still would not buy one... thats the way I was raised. Its still a Ford and I was raised in a GM family. Brand loyalty at its worst over hear
I will give it its props but I would never buy one!
I don't hold it against you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
Pre 99's were a hit and miss...The Pace car..I think 95 Cobra was a good one. And the 93 Cobra was good. The 99 Cobra is debatable...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
96-98 was not a good year for the Mustang GT, BUT in the 80s that little 5.0 was as quick or quicker than the big gun L98 F-bodies. It wasn't until the LT1 was offered in 93 that F-bodies got a distinct advantage over it's ponycar rival. In any case, i wouldn't the 99-04 SVT Lightning, 03-04 Cobra, 01 (I think) CObra R, 07+ GT500s, or the Ford GT underpowered.
I should've put what I was saying better... You guys are correct though. Those 5.0s were pretty good, and it wasn't until the LT1 that we got, I think, something better. There was a recall on that '99, wasn't there? That was the only one I was really thinking of, but I'm agreeing with everything you guys are saying.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 09-02-2009, 02:40 PM   #161
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
CFC claimed most of them.

Hell for 4500.... I would have gave them every mustang I could find also.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:53 PM   #162
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnomac77 View Post
Hell for 4500.... I would have gave them every mustang I could find also.
And the Mustang boys would say the same about the Camaro.. but I digress.

I kid you not. They even sold the show floor model. That was when Christine was in for a blower switch fix. I wat'd.

Gotta say, even though the Focus is a bit comfier than the Cobalt.. and has about the same room. It just looks like a mini-airstream (I drove a silver one..). And what pep it had, came at a price. To even get to 50 put me in 5th. Sorry, but my friends Cobalt could do that in 3rd with room to spare.

Gonna stay with the Cobalt/Cruze until they finally get that Focus fixed or maybe even the Fiesta. Ford's small cars suck right now. There, I said it. :P

Mustang, Fusion, and Taurus are the only Ford cars worth buying right now. Unlike aside from the ye olde W body Impala.. every GM car is worth buying. Even the god forsaken Aveo (and the 747 polished turd one too). Ford.. you're making this TOO easy. Not everyone can afford a Taurus and the Fusion can get a bit boring after a while (though I'll admit the Malibu can too..) Not to mention us College students kinda need new cars, and smaller coupes fit the bill in spades.

But at least both are going in the right direction. And for that I'm gonna say god speed GM and Ford. And don't forget the nukes.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:59 PM   #163
radz28
Petro-sexual

LOL - you weren't kidding about loyalty, were you

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 09-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #164
ShnOmac

Quote:
LOL - you weren't kidding about loyalty, were you
LMAO....

Nope My father and one of my grandfathers both retired from GM so its kind of ingrained in my head
Old 09-02-2009, 03:11 PM   #165
Cessna510
Gm loyalist

Drives: 04 z71 tahoe\99 SS m6
Very nice! I'm sure the SS will get a power bump
Old 09-02-2009, 06:09 PM   #166
syr74
Account Suspended

Drives: Thunderbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Ya I know how BM does buisness, but there is a big difference between what the site says and what the car actually weighs. For instance. This guy is BRAGGING about making his M3 3600 and change, and you can see the replies that include almost all of their cars weigh in at 3700+.... one even was registered at over 3800.

And you dont sit in your car to weigh it.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295896

Id say that if Ford is using the 3400lb bs than the track pack is still in ''usable'' weight territory... but if they got out a scale that might not be good for the stang. Like we've seen with the SS 400+ hp on a vehicle approaching 4000lbs isnt good enough anymore.
Given the fact that the weight numbers add up perfectly when compared again what we already know it seems more than a little likely that this guy is using BMW numbers minus weight of driver, luggage, and fuel. That would put the GT right in the 3600lb and change area we've been talking about for months now. That makes the 2011 GT quite the threat industry wide.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:10 PM   #167
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by syr74 View Post
Given the fact that the weight numbers add up perfectly when compared again what we already know it seems more than a little likely that this guy is using BMW numbers minus weight of driver, luggage, and fuel. That would put the GT right in the 3600lb and change area we've been talking about for months now. That makes the 2011 GT quite the threat industry wide.
We shall see my amigo, we shall see.

My prediction? 3720lbs.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:24 PM   #168
comiskeybum
Banned

Drives: 2010 Chevy Equinox LS
this news has made websites! LOL. http://www.autoblog.com/

Closed Thread