Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-15-2010, 01:19 PM   #29
devildoc

Drives: '12 Toyota Tacoma Dbl
Quote:
Originally Posted by David@Airaid View Post
You may want to go to the top of this thread, it has a Dyno sheet and video’s to document the gains.

AGAIN, it’s actually understanding how a Dyno works and all the variables involved with them.
Ok david how can you explain to me then the lose of hp/tq that I have experienced? I guess we will have to chalk it up as a "fluke" then right? I mean I guess I need to call GM and tell them they sold me a car that does the exact opposite of every car out there with this intake. I want a my money back GM you sold me an F'n lemon! On top of that I can't even make 260hp.

Oh wait a minute, duh, I should have the dyno guy throw off the calibration just a little bit to increase my horsepower.

Your right David, I will go to another dyno location with a completely different machine and do the EXACT same test again suddenly I will see a magical increase in numbers then? Better yet I will come dyno my car on the same exact dyno you did your testing on, do the exact same testing I did, and let ya'll watch it live in front of your eyes.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:20 PM   #30
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildoc View Post
Well obiviously not....correct me if I'm wrong but he was at 276hp last with all the mods done correct? I guess we need to have mrray go to the same dyno that Airaid used then. Sorry for the sarcasam Esperman, just doesn't make sense!
after establishing a stock baseline, mrry's car gained around 26 rwhp with tune.

after establishing a stock baseline on their dyno, Airaid gained around 6 rwhp (without tune). Numbers will vary..it's the difference between the runs for that particular day that matter.

I'm glad Airaid did the additional dyno, but I personally need to see data from Scrming, JP & Nate before deciding if I'll pull mine off. My car seems to pull just fine....we'll see.
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:24 PM   #31
ROD1
Retired

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 #1301 DOB 3/23/09
Quote:
Well obiviously not....correct me if I'm wrong but he was at 276hp last with all the mods done correct? I guess we need to have mrray go to the same dyno that Airaid used then. Sorry for the sarcasam Esperman, just doesn't make sense!
I think they were using a manual trani. car
ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:26 PM   #32
ROD1
Retired

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 #1301 DOB 3/23/09
Quote:
Ok david how can you explain to me then the lose of hp/tq that I have experienced? I guess we will have to chalk it up as a "fluke" then right? I mean I guess I need to call GM and tell them they sold me a car that does the exact opposite of every car out there with this intake. I want a my money back GM you sold me an F'n lemon! On top of that I can't even make 260hp.

Oh wait a minute, duh, I should have the dyno guy throw off the calibration just a little bit to increase my horsepower.

Your right David, I will go to another dyno location with a completely different machine and do the EXACT same test again suddenly I will see a magical increase in numbers then? Better yet I will come dyno my car on the same exact dyno you did your testing on, do the exact same testing I did, and let ya'll watch it live in front of your eyes.
Let Scrm get his done. Ide just let it lye for now.....
ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:26 PM   #33
Airaid Filters

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwdon View Post
honestly, without doing dynos on the same dyno location, any # of things can cause the variance we're seeing between the airraid test and mrrays test.
Hello bmwdon,

Excellent post and you are 100% correct!

Quote:

I can see you are very sensitive about your “Dyno” sheet or run. I have no idea why you saw what you saw, but you created a stir and we did what was asked with posting a new Dyno sheet with video’s to document what we did.

AGAIN, it is understanding all the variables that go into a Dyno and how they work and that they vary all the time depending on so many different variables.

Nothing we can say will make “you” happy.
Airaid Filters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:26 PM   #34
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwdon View Post
honestly, without doing dynos on the same dyno location, any # of things can cause the variance we're seeing between the airraid test and mrrays test.
Even on the same dyno without even unstrapping it you can see a good size variance... When we did my stock baseline car varied from 241 to 248..

Just curious why mrray keeps getting mentioned.. he doesn't even have an Airaid??
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:28 PM   #35
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Ok... stock...

automatics tend to dyno in the mid-240

Manuals tend to dyno in the 260 range...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:30 PM   #36
Airaid Filters

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Even on the same dyno without even unstrapping it you can see a good size variance... When we did my stock baseline car varied from 241 to 248..

Just curious why mrray keeps getting mentioned.. he doesn't even have an Airaid??
Hello scrming,

Thank you, and yes that is true. The numbers can vary a ton.

That is why a Dyno is a rough estimate of what said vehicle is on that given day. nothing more and nothing less.

I think mmray is getting mentioned because some people would prefer to bash a product instead of reading the facts.

Thanks,
David
Airaid Filters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:32 PM   #37
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Quote:
Ok... stock...

automatics tend to dyno in the mid-240

Manuals tend to dyno in the 260 range...
WOW. I noticed a difference between driving the A6 & Manual cars, but didn't think the standard was that more efficient.

Gotta love a manual LOL
Old 03-15-2010, 01:33 PM   #38
bmwdon
I refuse to go smurfy

Drives: 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2010 Camaro
Probably engine temp and adaptives

Quote:

-Bill...the Camaro was my wifes, now she's got a minivan
Challenger- 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Procharger D1 Supercharger: 10.895 @ 126.720 MPH
bmwdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:40 PM   #39
devildoc

Drives: '12 Toyota Tacoma Dbl
That's fine then. I guess I'm the only one out there with this problem. I'm just deciding whether I'll get my money back from Airaid or not.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:44 PM   #40
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Quote:
That's fine then. I guess I'm the only one out there with this problem. I'm just deciding whether I'll get my money back from Airaid or not.
Obviously you paid $300 for the intake, so I'm pretty sure you expected to see positive results. Your dyno said otherwise.

Maybe the dyno was screwy..maybe your intake was screwy, maybe your sensor is screwy? Who knows. It would bug me too until I got to the bottom of it!

I'd do another dyno run. If your still not happy Airaid should refund you. Period. No hassle warranty after all.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:46 PM   #41
bmwdon
I refuse to go smurfy

Drives: 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2010 Camaro
probably not, but I'm guessing somebody would buy it from you....sorry dude.

-Bill...the Camaro was my wifes, now she's got a minivan
Challenger- 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Procharger D1 Supercharger: 10.895 @ 126.720 MPH
bmwdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:46 PM   #42
pleigh

Drives: 2010 CGM 1LT A6

NO, the Rev limiter is not set to 118MPH... and YES, driving in this manner does affect MPG...
pleigh is offline   Reply With Quote