Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-25-2011, 10:59 AM   #15
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Hi all - -

I wanted to be SURE that I got this straight -- so I went to Cheryl - and she writes:

"....The exposed weave carbon fiber hood insert can be ordered with the available stripe package. The stripe color becomes "dark gray" when the exposed carbon fiber weave hood insert is also ordered. The stripe package includes a single stripe that travels across the roof, decklid and spoiler.

The stripe is a decal (vinyl), not painted.

Details will be included in the owner's manual on the care of the standard black--painted carbon fiber hood insert. It is a low gloss finish and will require special care......."

One other note: A couple of people have asked me if the Sueded Seats are standard as there was some confusion about Page 18 in the guide that mysteriously appeared on this forum.It reads: "Inteior" -- "sueded microfiber interior package - steering wheel, shift knob, and shift boot"..........

The Sueded Seats are standard - you can get an option to provide the microfiber on the steering wheel, shift knob, and shift boot at extra cost if you so desire.....

It wasn't me...
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:03 AM   #16
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Those of you that are going to the LA Auto Show in November will have to take a LOT of pictures of the Ashen Gray convertible with the Exposed CF Insert for all of us. Concentrate on the CF hood insert.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:57 AM   #17
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Those of you that are going to the LA Auto Show in November will have to take a LOT of pictures of the Ashen Gray convertible with the Exposed CF Insert for all of us. Concentrate on the CF hood insert.

Thanks a lot for the info Scott. Can you please clarify a few things about this gray stripe that goes with the exposed carbon fiber insert?

-Will the stripe be solid gray or carbon fiber patterned?

-If solid gray, will it be Ashen Gray or a different hue?

-Will the stripe be glossy to match the finish of the exposed insert or will it be a similar finish to the black stripe?

-What will the sharkfin be black plastic when you order the gray stripe, like how it comes with the black stripe or will it be gray to match the gray stripe finish?

-Will we be able to see pics of this stripe package before those of us that order Saturday are locked into our order, whenever that may be?

Answering these questions would be very helpful. Thanks a lot, I appreciate all of your involvement and help.

Last edited by Shurenuff; 10-26-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:07 AM   #18
IOMZL1

Drives: 2015 Z/28 | 2017 Viper ACR Extreme
Good questions, Shurenuff. I'm for sure on the fence here. I'm either going to spend the extra for the exposed weave if I like how the gray stripe looks or just go for black hood and stripe.
IOMZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:31 PM   #19
IOMZL1

Bump... Fbodfather - can you please describe the stripe? Matte/gloss; solid/carbon pattern; how dark is the gray?

Need to order soon! Thanks!
Old 10-30-2011, 10:34 PM   #20
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
To answer the question about stripes.....

If painted black hood extractor is ordered on ZL1 and the stripe package is ordered, the stripe is a lower gloss black stripe with a molded-in-color black sharkfin antenna on the roof. (virtually the same gloss level as on an SS or an LT when you order stripes)

If the optional exposed weave carbon fiber hood extractor is ordered along with a stripe package, the stripe becomes a dark gray metallic stripe along with the molded-in-color black sharkfin antenna on the roof.

Hope that answers your questions.

(........and my thanks to Cheryl Pilcher, our Camaro Product Manager for confirming the answer!)
Old 10-30-2011, 11:04 PM   #21
IcePick06

Drives: '12 AGM ZL1 (SOLD); '07 Ducati 1098
Good to know all this info. I'm ordering ashen grey with exposed CF insert so I dont think the stripe will look right. Dark grey on an already dark grey car will just wash out IMHO...not worth paying the extra $$
IcePick06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:47 AM   #22
IOMZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
To answer the question about stripes.....

If painted black hood extractor is ordered on ZL1 and the stripe package is ordered, the stripe is a lower gloss black stripe with a molded-in-color black sharkfin antenna on the roof. (virtually the same gloss level as on an SS or an LT when you order stripes)

If the optional exposed weave carbon fiber hood extractor is ordered along with a stripe package, the stripe becomes a dark gray metallic stripe along with the molded-in-color black sharkfin antenna on the roof.

Hope that answers your questions.

(........and my thanks to Cheryl Pilcher, our Camaro Product Manager for confirming the answer!)
Very interesting. Thanks I'm assuming the dark gray metallic is going to be a gloss sheen. I'm also assuming it is a different color from Ashen Gray or Cyber Gray Metallic, but I could be wrong here.

Has anyone been able to successfully order the stripe or exposed weave CF? They don't seem to show up as options from what I've seen.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:52 AM   #23
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
The DSW stripe option clearly says carbon fiber appearing, so....in all probability it will closely match the look of the exposed CF hood. It will possibly be the same look as the T3 Bee CF stripes. Now THAT will be way cool if it is so...!!!!
Old 10-31-2011, 06:58 AM   #24
IOMZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
The DSW stripe option clearly says carbon fiber appearing, so....in all probability it will closely match the look of the exposed CF hood. It will possibly be the same look as the T3 Bee CF stripes. Now THAT will be way cool if it is so...!!!!
The DSW option doesn't seem to be on the online ordering guide or I'm missing it? I'm just confused here - I'm sure Fbodfather would have mentioned a carbon pattern in his description.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:24 AM   #25
FSTORG5
Fast Orange

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMZL1 View Post
The DSW option doesn't seem to be on the online ordering guide or I'm missing it? I'm just confused here - I'm sure Fbodfather would have mentioned a carbon pattern in his description.
DSW was on the workbench when I placed mine. But the CF hood was not. I selected DSW intending to add the CF hood insert when the option came on. Should be a great look.

If that doesn't work out I'll go with the standard hood insert and no stripe.
FSTORG5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:36 AM   #26
dimitri

Drives: 06 M5/04 350Z
Sorry but still confused

I am thinking yellow NO stripe with just black hood no carbon weave look is this possible

Also what is standard...i feel like im in the dark

GM please help here.
dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:39 AM   #27
IOMZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
Sorry but still confused

I am thinking yellow NO stripe with just black hood no carbon weave look is this possible

Yes, just order the car without a stripe and the standard hood.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:40 AM   #28
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
Sorry but still confused

As I understand, your look would be standard. The stripes and/or CF weave are options you can choose if you want.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote