Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-01-2011, 11:31 AM   #43
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
Impala, I think. Will the stripe package be offered for the rear deck on the convertible?
Let's cross that bridge when we come to it!
Old 11-03-2011, 08:41 AM   #44
Beandip2811

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
--- to try and clarify the ZL1 hood/stripe content...

Standard: a black hood insert.

Or...

there is an optional exposed carbon fiber weave insert (RPO B92).

NOW................

... if a customer wants the stripe package...and they have the standard black hood insert,
they must order the RPO DSX (black stripe package). This is the ONLY stripe color available with the standard black hood insert.

OR............

... if they ordered the optional exposed carbon fiber weave hood insert, AND THEY WANT A STRIPE -- then they must order RPO DSW (dark gray stripe package). This is the ONLY stripe color available with the optional hood insert.

In terms of COLOR OF STRIPE:
Bottom line is black stripe goes with black hood insert,

AND

dark gray stripe goes with exposed carbon fiber weave hood insert.

Caprice?

whoops -

I mean...

CAPICE?

I have not found the b92 option code anywhere on the order list. Do you have to get the stripe package to get the exposed carbon fiber hood insert? If you don't where is the B92 option box to check?
Old 11-03-2011, 09:12 AM   #45
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beandip2811 View Post
Do you have to get the stripe package to get the exposed carbon fiber hood insert?
Order RPO B92 for the Exposed Carbon Fiber Weave insert and no stripe.

Order RPO B92 and RPO DSW for the Exposed Carbon Fiber Weave insert and matching dark gray stripe.

Order RPO DSX for Black Carbon Fiber insert and black stripe.

If no Carbon Fiber insert RPO or stripe related RPO is selected, one gets the Black Carbon Fiber insert with no stripe as the standard configuration.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:18 AM   #46
Beandip2811

Thanks Golden Bear but have you seen the b92 option box? I have three customers that are ordering them and none of them want the stripe package. The only thing I see with the words exposed carbon anything is included with the decal package. I understand they can order them with just the exposed carbon insert but i haven't found the B92 option box.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:21 AM   #47
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Guess a good question is can you have it installed after you take delivery.
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:25 AM   #48
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmandoug1 View Post
Guess a good question is can you have it installed after you take delivery.

Just to clarify (and I think it's a good question), are you talking about the hood insert, stripes, or both?
Old 11-03-2011, 09:35 AM   #49
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
Just to clarify (and I think it's a good question), are you talking about the hood insert, stripes, or both?
I am planning on ashen grey so i am going with cf insert. I just want to know if any kind of stripe package can be installed after delivery.
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:47 AM   #50
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmandoug1 View Post
I am planning on ashen grey so i am going with cf insert. I just want to know if any kind of stripe package can be installed after delivery.

You and me both. I'm going back and forth between the exposed insert and the black one. Right now, I have the black insert with stripe ordered because I was worried the exposed insert would blend too much with the Ashen Gray. Now I think I'm going to change it to exposed. I'm going to drive my dealer crazy with this decision

I'm even entertaining the idea of an exposed insert with the gray stripe, but I need to see what it looks like before I commit. I'm worried it would be pointless on Ashen Gray. If it's slightly darker and provides some contrast it might be cool. Or it might be a bit lighter and give the ghost effect. Don't know

If we don't see this stripe package before we are locked into our orders, I agree it would be nice to know that we could add it after delivery.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:54 AM   #51
IOMZL1

Drives: 2015 Z/28 | 2017 Viper ACR Extreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
You and me both. I'm going back and forth between the exposed insert and the black one. Right now, I have the black insert with stripe ordered because I was worried the exposed insert would blend too much with the Ashen Gray. Now I think I'm going to change it to exposed. I'm going to drive my dealer crazy with this decision

I'm even entertaining the idea of an exposed insert with the gray stripe, but I need to see what it looks like before I commit. I'm worried it would be pointless on Ashen Gray. If it's slightly darker and provides some contrast it might be cool. Or it might be a bit lighter and give the ghost effect. Don't know

If we don't see this stripe package before we are locked into our orders, I agree it would be nice to know that we could add it after delivery.

I thought I had decided on the exposed CF with stripe but now I’m not sure. I’m on the fence as to how the stripes will look with IOM. I could see the CF/gray looking very good but I’m also a fan of matte black and orange. I'm pretty sure I know what the black/orange will look like given some pics of SS with matte stripes - the gray and CF is an unknown unless I assume it will look like the other gray stripes.

I’d like to see the gray stripe... I’d also like to see an IOM ZL1 period. (Oh the drama.)

dougshelbyengineering.com

www.facebook.com/dougshelbyengineering

www.instagram.com/dougshelbyengineering
IOMZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:32 AM   #52
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beandip2811 View Post
Thanks Golden Bear but have you seen the b92 option box? I have three customers that are ordering them and none of them want the stripe package. The only thing I see with the words exposed carbon anything is included with the decal package. I understand they can order them with just the exposed carbon insert but i haven't found the B92 option box.

I got a note from GMConnects this AM says this.. and hope it helps:

"" My understanding of this situation is that the quick order process was opened up so that dealers could begin the process of getting these orders into the system to accommodate the huge number of requests to get on the ZL1 order list. And as you pointed out the workbench is not fully complete at this point. Distribution updates were not fully complete yet with instructions for the dealers as to the process for handling these orders either which has put them in a very difficult situation this week regarding all the ZL1 orders. The RPO RTQ for the wheels is now showing on the order information but the B92 Exposed Weave CF Hood is still noticeably missing. I think the report above regarding a move to 3000 for 94 ZL1 orders will prove to be correct as the 1EY37 was not included on this week’s consensus report for dealers to even submit the orders to GM nor did any of the orders move thru the pass one report that would have been done to check the orders for being placed correctly and without constraints.

I am confident that these issues will be resolved very quickly and will be communicated directly with your dealer as the order details are issued.""

and Hylton from GM connects says it should all be fixed by Monday.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:40 AM   #53
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
--- to try and clarify the ZL1 hood/stripe content...

Standard: a black hood insert.

Or...

there is an optional exposed carbon fiber weave insert (RPO B92).

NOW................

... if a customer wants the stripe package...and they have the standard black hood insert,
they must order the RPO DSX (black stripe package). This is the ONLY stripe color available with the standard black hood insert.

OR............

... if they ordered the optional exposed carbon fiber weave hood insert, AND THEY WANT A STRIPE -- then they must order RPO DSW (dark gray stripe package). This is the ONLY stripe color available with the optional hood insert.

In terms of COLOR OF STRIPE:
Bottom line is black stripe goes with black hood insert,

AND

dark gray stripe goes with exposed carbon fiber weave hood insert.

Caprice?

whoops -

I mean...

CAPICE?

thanks for the info!! are there any pictures side by side of the different options yet?

Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:14 AM   #54
Beandip2811

Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
I got a note from GMConnects this AM says this.. and hope it helps:

"" My understanding of this situation is that the quick order process was opened up so that dealers could begin the process of getting these orders into the system to accommodate the huge number of requests to get on the ZL1 order list. And as you pointed out the workbench is not fully complete at this point. Distribution updates were not fully complete yet with instructions for the dealers as to the process for handling these orders either which has put them in a very difficult situation this week regarding all the ZL1 orders. The RPO RTQ for the wheels is now showing on the order information but the B92 Exposed Weave CF Hood is still noticeably missing. I think the report above regarding a move to 3000 for 94 ZL1 orders will prove to be correct as the 1EY37 was not included on this week’s consensus report for dealers to even submit the orders to GM nor did any of the orders move thru the pass one report that would have been done to check the orders for being placed correctly and without constraints.

I am confident that these issues will be resolved very quickly and will be communicated directly with your dealer as the order details are issued.""

and Hylton from GM connects says it should all be fixed by Monday.
Thanks, that does help. I also had one of my orders show up in my placed tab. Sure hope that was wrong too. The first one I ordered should be the first one picked up.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:26 PM   #55
DonNC

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS/2012 ZL1
Stripe Package on ZL1

The stripe package ordered with the standard hood will be black. What will the stripe look-like with the exposed carbon fiber hood option? I've heard gray and i've heard carbon fiber design. Which is it?
DonNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:53 PM   #56
KRamdathZL1

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #353
Fbodfather said dark gray...cant find the post...