Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 09-12-2011, 12:53 AM   #421
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
i am not complaining, i just want to be clear on that. i was just saying had i known it was that way, i wouldnt have been interested. possibly others would feel the same way, so i posted MY opinion. i dont mean any disrespect to Ofer or his work. its simply an opinion.
I am sure there is a way to make it sit a little more flush. He probably felt rushed and did not get it done the way it should be.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:08 AM   #422
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
Any pics of yours?

I definitely want mine to be tighter than that. Those pipes stick out a lot. Hopefully he will spend more time on each car since there will be fewer of us. There was way too many to do and I am sure he was in a hurry and under a lot of stress. I knew it should have been a 3 day + thing.
I don't think anyone was rushed until the last 3 cars. But when you're working by flashlight and a single portable light, it's kind of understandable.

I take full responsibility for way things went. I should have cut the list off before it got to be too much work for the amount of time we had. Honestly, I wasn't expecting this to take off the way it did. There have been meets in the past that a bunch of people have said they were going to make it to (myself included) and for whatever reason, they didn't make it. I was trying to keep someone from getting this done that wanted it, because someone couldn't make it. There were a few that couldn't make it to this one and there are a few that wanted to, but we had to cut it short.

2SSRS knows what went wrong with this meet and is taking the necessary steps for preventing it in the future. If you were missed due to this getting cut short, I'm sorry. I bit off more than I could chew allowing this to get so big. Lessons learned.

Now on a "lighter" note: Someone left a chair here. Not sure who, but if you are missing one, let me know and we can make plans to get it home.

Also, if you find tools, such as the pic's used to get the door plates off or disconnect the wires or a torx bit that fell out of the socket, please PM 2SSRS so they can find their way home.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:11 AM   #423
sene

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickandkimmie View Post
We talked with Ofer about rescheduling and he will be coming to our house in Lakewood on Saturday to do installs and then will probably be in San Diego on Sunday for installs close to there.
Anyone that needed to reschedule and want to come on Saturday let us know and what time you would prefer so that we can try to work it all out for Ofer ahead of time.
Anyone else wanting to cruise by, you are welcome too!
Count me in, just to help. I'll bring my tools too since I heard there was a shortage this weekend.

I ended up covering my trim panels in suede this weekend and I think my interior looks a thousand times better than the ugly gray panels on the LS model. I'll take some pictures tomorrow and post them. ABL isn't for everybody, you can see how my car turned out and decide which you prefer
sene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:18 AM   #424
TaylorRyanSS

Oh well now we know whats involved and an idea of how long things are going to take.

Here is the list again for this coming sat. the 17th at Mick and Kimmies house in Lakewood. Ofer wants to keep the numbers down, since there was too many on Sat. No more than this for now and I will see what he says. I am sure he will be doing another day for the rest of the people that were scheduled.

1. mickandkimmie (2 cars)
2. TaylorRyanSS
3. Chito
4. lakers171
5. 2ss-booya

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net

Last edited by TaylorRyanSS; 09-13-2011 at 03:37 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:23 AM   #425
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers171 View Post
i was one of the fortunate few to have modded my car this weekend and while i can look past the gap some may not. Even though i left from being tired of working on it on saturday night i feel my car isn't complete but i will post these pics of my car, i signed myself up for this sat to just finish up. I would like to thank Rick for opening his home to myself and others and Ofer for his services. Once again my car is not complete..... but here are the pics as it is now.

Attachment 286210

Attachment 286211

Attachment 286212
mine looks like that too. My dad and I are going to fix it. BTW if you do green also be sure to tape the backside, because the light is shinning through on mine
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:25 AM   #426
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synerbee View Post
mine looks like that too. My dad and I are going to fix it. BTW if you do green also be sure to tape the backside, because the light is shinning through on mine
The IO guys had to tape theirs up too. I guess those two colors are just too thin.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:44 AM   #427
Panther67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Thumbs up Rescheduled ABL install for Sunday the 18th

Ofer and/or Rick please Email me or PM me the new location if any for Sunday the 18th ABL install meet, thanks Guys....
Old 09-12-2011, 09:49 AM   #428
lakers171
SoCal MAYHEM

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synerbee View Post
I had to tape mine up too since I worked on it Sunday and I have beige but once again thanks to you guys and minor tweaking I'll have it perfect
Old 09-12-2011, 11:26 AM   #429
ELA205
SoCal MAYHEM

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS BLK/BLK
Whats up fellas I was one of the final 3 LOL!! I think it will look fine with a few minor tweeks.

Thanks Ofer for all you time and effort you looked beat by like 4PM!! Way to stick it out for those that were there. I can now say I can take appart the doors and dash blindfolded!!

Rick and Mrs. Rick thanks for allowing all of us in your home we all really appreciate it. Your pool is awsome and I hope i get invited back sometime
Old 09-12-2011, 11:49 AM   #430
lakers171
SoCal MAYHEM

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELA205 View Post
Whats up fellas I was one of the final 3 LOL!! I think it will look fine with a few minor tweeks.

Thanks Ofer for all you time and effort you looked beat by like 4PM!! Way to stick it out for those that were there. I can now say I can take appart the doors and dash blindfolded!!

Rick and Mrs. Rick thanks for allowing all of us in your home we all really appreciate it. Your pool is awsome and I hope i get invited back sometime
agreed minor tweeks will fix it i just wanted to show up that way nothing goes wrong. and i forgot about the pool thats how tired i was lol
Old 09-12-2011, 12:36 PM   #431
cterry
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2010 Carmaro SS/RS
I agree, a few small tweaks and it will be fine. Thank you Rick for opening up your home for this. Thanks Ofer for doing your best to get us taken care of. ( did make my sons race on time) Thank you Wcoolbreeze for your help as well.
cterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:43 PM   #432
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther67 View Post
Ofer and/or Rick please Email me or PM me the new location if any for Sunday the 18th ABL install meet, thanks Guys....
Check directly with mickandkimmie or 2SSRS for the follow up dates and locations. I know he is doing Saturday with mickandkimmie but I'm not sure if and or where Sunday will be. I was so beat after the meet I slept until 2 the next afternoon and can't remember all the details that were discussed. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELA205 View Post

You guys are more than welcome and anytime you're in the area, bring your trunks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers171 View Post
agreed minor tweeks will fix it i just wanted to show up that way nothing goes wrong. and i forgot about the pool thats how tired i was lol
Right there with you on that one. I forgot to turn it off after I showed it to everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cterry View Post
I agree, a few small tweaks and it will be fine. Thank you Rick for opening up your home for this. Thanks Ofer for doing your best to get us taken care of. ( did make my sons race on time) Thank you Wcoolbreeze for your help as well.
Not a problem. Glad you made the race! Hope it turned out great for him.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:07 PM   #433
TaylorRyanSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther67 View Post
Ofer is doing the install for 8 cars this Saturday in lakewood. Do you want to be added to the list? 2 more slots available.

1. mickandkimmie (2 cars)
2. TaylorRyanSS
3. Chito
4. lakers171 (needs some things adjusted)
5. 2ss-booya

EDIT: CUTTING OFF THE LIST, WE NEED TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE GETS DONE!

Last edited by TaylorRyanSS; 09-13-2011 at 03:38 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:42 PM   #434
mickandkimmie
So-Cal Race Team

Drives: 2014 2SS RS & 2013 Jeep Wrangler
Hey all,

I will send pm to everyone on Taylor Ryans list with the approx time to show up and the address.

Thanks!

Kimmie
mickandkimmie is offline   Reply With Quote