Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

View Poll Results: Date for Holiday get together
Saturday, December 17 20 80.00%
Sunday, December 18 6 24.00%
Other. Specify... I just won't be there. 2 8.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #43
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Buddy, I'd love to let ya... but too much sentimental value.

I did tell Chris you were a week late telling me you wanted a car like mine. there was the EXACT car for sale by me. I stopped today to see if it was infact gone... sold it last week. 1989 fixed roof, black/grey interior, no ttop and bright blue, unmolested bone stock GREAT looking car... guy sold it for $4500. LMAO! Day late and a dollar short tho! :(
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #44
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Drives: 2many2count
I def won't have my camaro either... It will be the bengals truck! whodey!
2010 Camaro SS modified extensively. I stretched the body to make it a 4 door, but I swapped in the 3.6L DI V6 for fuel economy. Then I picked up a corvette body around the V8. I also swapped the body for a C2 Z28. (In short I traded it for three cars, a Corvette Z06r, a C2 Camaro Z28, and a Cadillac CTS Summer Performance package 3.6L DI with Aisin 6spd.)
Arachnyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:30 PM   #45
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
This will be a good opportunity for Jackie to get some night driving experience... so if you see a dark blue Firebird coming, watch out!
Old 11-02-2011, 07:16 PM   #46
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue-bayou View Post
I voted Saturday but either day is good. More than likely I will be driving my car. BTW; I extremely hate i missed the fall cruise. But still would be nice to have a chance to put a face to a car.
Sounds like you definitely have to come out then! Looking forward to meeting some new faces at the holiday dinner as well!

EM- That will be great for Jackie to get some night driving experience. Hopefully it won't be snowy so she won't have that to deal with too!
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:32 PM   #47
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Well, if you guys all decide to do it on Saturday, I might have to show up and make it a birthday party

Just kidding, probably won't be able to make either date
Old 11-08-2011, 01:53 PM   #48
bartking

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS sold 4/17/15
Hello all my old friends! Count Linda and I in for the holiday get together. It'll be nice to catch up since I've been MIA most of the year. and Hello to all the new guys and gals I'll be meeting soon.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:52 PM   #49
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartking View Post
Hello all my old friends! Count Linda and I in for the holiday get together. It'll be nice to catch up since I've been MIA most of the year. and Hello to all the new guys and gals I'll be meeting soon.
Hey buddy!!! Was wondering where you've been!! Glad you're going to make it.

Seems I need to update the OP to reflect the date. Seems its pretty much unanimous for Saturday!
Old 11-08-2011, 05:45 PM   #50
GC-Camaro

Drives: 2014 Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartking View Post
Glad to hear you are coming! We missed you guys.

GC-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:24 PM   #51
LadyinBlue

Drives: 260HP/242TQ
Yay! Bartking and Linda! It'll be great to catch up with you two!!
LadyinBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:46 AM   #52
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

BUMP for information

I updated the OP and I am sending out PMs to the people listed as attending. If you are not on the list and still want to come, no sweat just let me know. We like to give the Restaurant a heads up on how many. I wil probably call today and reserve the back room. Its nice to give them an estimated head count so when 40 people walk in, they don't flip out! Those of us who have worked the service industry appriciate that!

Please check the PM and confirm and let me know how many people you will have total... you plus whatever. Please dont say 2... I am a simpleton and I will wonder... is it them +2 .... 2 total For example it will be Kris and I... so 2 total.

IDEA:

I freakin love Christmas... I know sayong Christmas isn't really PC anymore but whatever, if I offended anyone with the mention of Christ, I am sorry... So to attempt to be more PC, I am changing the event to a Camaromas Party... Only the blue oval folks will be offended by that...

Seems last year Randy had some gifts to pass out and that was fun. He says no free-bies this year but that got me thinking. Kris and I used to have a Jeep Wrangler and belonged to an Off-Roading club... side story... I got the Camaro on one of the meeting nights so it was brand spankin new. Took it to the meeting and one guy was like huh... should have got a Challenger. I had a few smart a$$ comments then we left the club. Sold the Jeep a few months later... ok back on topic now... At the Clubs Christmas party, there was a small gift exchange and it was a blast.

Here is my idea and it will also be in the PM:

-Everyone brings a small (less than $10 value) wrapped gift. The gift MUST be car related in some way. Doesn't have to be Camaro, that would just be a bonus. Do not mark your name on the gift.
-Everyone puts the gifts on a table when they arrive.
-After we order... since it usually takes a LOOOONG time to get the food, we will start the exchange.
-I still havent figured out how to pick the order but I will. Basically first person picked, selects a gift and opens it and sets it in front of them. Next person picks a wrapped gift and before openning it either trades with someone or takes their chances on the the wrapped one.
-Only real rule is a gift can only be "traded" 3 times. Once the third person gets it, its theirs!

Make sense? I am sure eveyone has played this before. Kris was asking me if everyone brings a gift or just groups... thats your call. For example her and I will BOTH bring one so we both get to play.

THOUGHTS?
Old 11-14-2011, 05:49 PM   #53
velociSSimo
... well, not yet.

Drives: 2012 Chevy Silverado ZL1
Looks like Shay (gf) and I are staying the night!
Old 11-14-2011, 06:04 PM   #54
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Bow chicka wow wow....
Old 11-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #55
velociSSimo
... well, not yet.

Drives: 2012 Chevy Silverado ZL1
:emoticon7:
Old 11-26-2011, 09:45 AM   #56
Tantalizer43

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Well, looks like I'll be missing this party once again. My family is celebrating Christmas on the 17th. Its so hard for my family to get together for Christmas, so the weekend of the 17th and 18th it is....

Hope you all have a great time!