Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #15
Synner

Drives: cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangKiller View Post
I guess i should have been more specific lol. Im looking for (straight through) not pretty much straight through and i dont mean that too sound ignorant or anything just makin sure you guys are clear on what im lookin for. ty for your replies so far an like i mentioned the only kit im aware of is the magnaflow center exit like i mentioned. The tsp lts are 3" comin out the collector so that rulles out all the necked down kits
Having a muffler doesn't mean it isn't a straight through design so I'm not sure you're clear on what you're looking for.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #16
Camper
Banned

Drives: 10' 2SS LS3 M6
that is accurate, I just dont understand guys buying a 3" catback when all they have is headers and CAI... the 2.5" is fine for what they are running
Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #17
MustangKiller

Drives: 2013 2ss/rs A6 yellow !!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Okay, well, not to sound "ignorant", but your catless connection pipes that connect to that 3" collector neck down to 2-1/2" in order to connect to the factory-style exhaust. So...unless you are buying some custom-made straight 3" connection pipes from somewhere other than Texas-Speed, then you WILL be necking down to 2-1/2".

I think Stainless Works may sell those straight 3" connection pipes. They call it their "Performance Connect" system
Dam ty blazzin lol i completely overlooked that i assumed they where 3" because i was looking at SW and the were like u said 3" not necked down

Last edited by MustangKiller; 03-08-2013 at 09:31 PM.
MustangKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #18
MustangKiller

Ok guys i will reword what i want.... 2" lts an 3" from collector back catless and mufflerless. Im so confused though i must say where i grew up straight through ,straight piped,etc was all the same.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #19
MustangKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper View Post
just gonna throw this out there, there isnt a huge benefit to a 3" on a minor bolt on car, just straight pipe your 2.5, buy headers over a 3"
Camper im on a mission sir an N/A mission and ive set the mark very very high flow=hp. It will be impressive for sure especially for an a6. My approach is taking the best of the best and doing it better. The exhaust is just what i wanted and was hoping too find a manufacturer that was ready making it. Btw who does have the highest know hp N/A L99?

Last edited by MustangKiller; 03-08-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:44 PM   #20
isrmnd

Drives: 2010 ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Okay, well, not to sound "ignorant", but your catless connection pipes that connect to that 3" collector neck down to 2-1/2" in order to connect to the factory-style exhaust. So...unless you are buying some custom-made straight 3" connection pipes from somewhere other than Texas-Speed, then you WILL be necking down to 2-1/2".

I think Stainless Works may sell those straight 3" connection pipes. They call it their "Performance Connect" system
You can get a 3 inch catless connection from tsp also. I did to connect to a 3 inch cat back. Just have to ask for it instead of the 3x2.5
isrmnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:45 AM   #21
MustangKiller

Yeah i found that out last night i was pretty sure when i looked before that they were avail.

Last edited by MustangKiller; 03-09-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #22
mdrobtx

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by thahemp View Post
JBA 3". It does have mufflers, but I think they are mostly for tone. I certainly have no desire left on the table for more volume!
+1
JBA 40-3113 cat back and HF cats 6813SDC

1968 Coupe and 1967 Vert

mdrobtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #23
gnturboray

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS LS3 LPE750
LG is 3" straight through exiting out of 4" tips.
gnturboray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #24
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
I have the Maganflow 3" comp center exit. I think I'm the only one who has it. It sounds cool, but it's hella loud. I'm actually looking to switch pretty soon.

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #25
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangKiller View Post
I am in search of a straight through 3" exhaust. I am aware of only one and thats the magnaflow center exit comp exhaust which im not fond of. Does anyone know of another kit? I have looked at just about all of them. Im tryin to avoid piecing one together but if i have too id like some suggestions an pics of which ones would be the easiest too just replace the mufflers with straight sections. I will be running the TSP 2" lts w off road connections. I am very aware of how loud it will be i also am planning on running 5"tips or dual 4" tips
MBRP I think.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #26
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
I have the full LG superpro LT's and 3" exhaust... no necking down. I used raceready full 3" electronic cutouts in place of the cats(my favorite mod) I did swap out the mufflers for dynomax VT's tho.(work nights and was too frigging loud at 3am)
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:31 AM   #27
MikeOD

Drives: 2010 M6 2SS
OP, the Dynomax Bullet catback is 3" AFTER the connection point for stock cats too...on my car, I took my Kooks cats and Dynomax exhaust, and cut out the 2.5" pipe and welded in 3" pipe...so I'm 3" all the way off the headers.

I just bought a Dynomax 3" dual muffler (internal X) to replace my X pipe...might take a little fab work to make it fit, but the car is just retardedly loud right now, and I want/need to correct that. Finishing up the suspension/brakes over the next few weekends, then I'll get the exhaust done before I take the car back out of the garage for the spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage View Post
I have the full LG superpro LT's and 3" exhaust... no necking down. I used raceready full 3" electronic cutouts in place of the cats(my favorite mod) I did swap out the mufflers for dynomax VT's tho.(work nights and was too frigging loud at 3am)
Do you have any video of your car with the VT's? If this X muffler doesn't quiet it down enough, those or ultraflows where the bullets are now is my next plan.

2010 Camaro SS M6. Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Suspension
MikeOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #28
MikeOD

Drives: 2010 M6 2SS
But to fully answer your question...LG is the only setup I know that is completely 3" from the headers all the way back, without cutting/welding like I did. But you'd need their headers too.

2010 Camaro SS M6. Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Suspension
MikeOD is offline   Reply With Quote