Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #15
DaBears

Drives: 2014 Subaru Forester, 2010 Equinox
Im all for a Cuda but only if it has an American engine, not a Fiat.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #16
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
They should bring back the Omni instead...

Attachment 393190 Pimp ride!
Back in the day a Omni GLHS was a hot little car Carroll Shelby souped up, he also did the GLH Omni. He said GLH meant Goes Like Hell, and GLHS meant Goes Like Hell Sooner.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #17
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Back in the day a Omni GLHS was a hot little car Carroll Shelby souped up, he also did the GLH Omni. He said GLH meant Goes Like Hell, and GLHS meant Goes Like Hell Sooner.
I recall seeing one that was labeled a "Charger 2.2".
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #18
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Yep the SRT Barracuda is coming and it will eventually replace the Challenger. Motor Trend reports the Challenger will remain until 2017.

Here is what they reported:
Last January, we broke news that a new pony-musclecar would join the SRT Viper in the lineup. The SRT Barracuda won't necessitate revival of the Plymouth brand and will eventually replace the Dodge Challenger. The SRT Barracuda should appear by the 2015 model year, same as for the next-generation Ford Mustang and Chevrolet Camaro, while the Challenger may live on into the 2017 model year.

The cuda would fall under the SRT brand and be a smaller lighter car than the Challenger so that it will be better equipped to take on the next generation of Mustang and Camaro (which will be slightly smaller and lighter)

Can't wait to see what they come up with!
Old 07-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #19
okyankee

Drives: 2010 SILVERADO
Last January, we broke news that a new pony-musclecar would join the SRT Viper in the lineup. The SRT Barracuda won't necessitate revival of the Plymouth brand and will eventually replace the Dodge Challenger. The SRT Barracuda should appear by the 2015 model year, same as for the next-generation Ford Mustang and Chevrolet Camaro, while the Challenger may live on into the 2017 model year.

The Barracuda will be based on Chrysler's new LA rear-drive platform, which is downsized from the full-size LY platform (Chrysler 300/Dodge Charger), or the Challenger's previous-generation, LX RWD platform. Fiat also will use the LA platform to underpin several of its cars, most notably the replacement for the front-drive Alfa Romeo 159 and likely a successor to the larger, BMW 5 Series-size FWD Alfa 166 produced from 1998 to 2007.

So what will SRT Number 3 be? Two possibilities are a successor to the Dodge Ram SRT10 and a small, two-seat sports car. There are issues with either idea. Ford has had unexpected success with the F-150 SVT Raptor. A Ram-based SRT designed more for extreme off-roading is a good prospect. However, the Raptor does fall under the Ford F-150 brand, and it's hard to imagine Ram splitting off a separate truck model.
okyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #20
okyankee

Drives: 2010 SILVERADO
above is part of an article on gminsidenews.
okyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:43 PM   #21
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS JFB
It's all Chrysler crap.
SSBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:47 PM   #22
jaysonstuart

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBlack View Post
It's all Chrysler crap.

I have a Dodge Dakota that I never drive and it's a bag of shit on fire.

Reminds me I need to sell that thing....
jaysonstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:20 PM   #23
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
Apparently the Dodge community is fairly confident we'll see a new Cuda as an SRT model, alongside the Viper. It will ditch the retro look in favor of modern styling, and will be a more globally-performance-oriented model (much like the next Mustang, which I have a suspicion they're going for). The Chally will be offered alongside the Cuda for a while, but will gradually be phased out.

I'm bummed to see that they aren't going to go with the old-school approach, but the public seems to like their Chargers and Darts; it makes sense that Dodge would go that route. Still, I'm not a fan of Dodge's "modern" styling.
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:50 AM   #24
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by okyankee View Post

The Barracuda will be based on Chrysler's new LA rear-drive platform, which is downsized from the full-size LY platform (Chrysler 300/Dodge Charger), or the Challenger's previous-generation, LX RWD platform. Fiat also will use the LA platform to underpin several of its cars, most notably the replacement for the front-drive Alfa Romeo 159 and likely a successor to the larger, BMW 5 Series-size FWD Alfa 166 produced from 1998 to 2007.

So what will SRT Number 3 be? Two possibilities are a successor to the Dodge Ram SRT10 and a small, two-seat sports car. There are issues with either idea. Ford has had unexpected success with the F-150 SVT Raptor. A Ram-based SRT designed more for extreme off-roading is a good prospect. However, the Raptor does fall under the Ford F-150 brand, and it's hard to imagine Ram splitting off a separate truck model.
Well there is the Ram express....but probably no where near as competitive with the raptor. But priced at 23-24$ that's a bargain
Old 07-03-2012, 06:37 AM   #25
Globemaster

Drives: 2010 2SS Bumble Bee
If it comes out and looks anything like the Artist Concept. It will be hard for me not to trade for it. Always been a Barracuda Fan.

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/barracuda.html
Attached Images

Globemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:55 AM   #26
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
If you are a Mopar fan I would not cancel.....whatever replaces the Challenger is Not scheduled to have a Hemi.....rumor is it will be powered by a Fiat motor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post
FRACK that!!!

Good lord, I just lost about all my faith in Dodge!

I hope you're wrong!

OP, I don't see it happening at all. No way would Plymouth be brought back as a make.
I had a 1986 Dodge Conquest that had a 2.6 L Turbo. It was a Mitsubishi motor so it's not something new. That car was awesome except for the normal Dodge issues with there electronics.
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2012, 07:25 AM   #27
1954 Belair-man

Drives: 2010 Camaro IOM 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysonstuart View Post

I have a Dodge Dakota that I never drive and it's a bag of shit on fire.

Reminds me I need to sell that thing....
YES!
1954 Belair-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:18 AM   #28
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globemaster View Post
If it comes out and looks anything like the Artist Concept. It will be hard for me not to trade for it. Always been a Barracuda Fan.

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/barracuda.html
I would never buy that! It doesn't have any doors!!!

Actually, its pretty sweet looking...

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote