Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-14-2015, 10:06 PM   #15
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I remember back in the 70's there were pedal covers that had tabs that bent over to hold them on. They sucked. I had them.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:57 PM   #16
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by patternpilot View Post
I remember back in the 70's there were pedal covers that had tabs that bent over to hold them on. They sucked. I had them.
Pretty sure they still make those
Old 12-15-2015, 05:32 AM   #17
Bulldog3071

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Your not kidding what a pain to install I put in the same ones, had a bad shoulder when I did it and it was painful, they look really good, be careful what shoes you wear when driving with the extended gas pedal I find if a wear a certain pair of boots I hit the gas when breaking
Lakewood Strut Tower Brace, JBA Shorty Headers, JBA 8 MM Wires, Airaid TB Spacer, Phastek CAI Scoop, Washer Bottle Relocation Kit, Stainlees Steel Brake Lines, Brake Performance Slotted and Drilled Rotors, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Subframe Connectors, Borla ATAK Muffelers, Z28 Wickerbill Spoiler, VTC, Bow Tie Delete, BMR Adjustable Front Swaybar, BMR End Link Kit, BMR Extreme Rear Anti-Roll Kit, Diablo I1000 "InTune"
Bulldog3071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 05:50 AM   #18
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
looks like about as much fun as changing out the kitchen sink faucet
Old 12-15-2015, 03:45 PM   #19
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyD View Post
badss=your pedals look real nice and your floor mats too where did you get them?
Floor mats can be gotten at any Chevy dealer, but if you have issues with that, contact Maureen @ Rogers Chevrolet in Woodhaven, Michigan.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 03:58 PM   #20
freddyD

Drives: 2020 rally green rs
thanks your pedals sure do look nice
freddyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 05:14 PM   #21
SnowyCamaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1, 2006 Chevy Equinox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless Man View Post
Are there aftermarket gas pedals where u don't have to drill?
You could always adhesive these pedals on. Just make sure you use some good stuff haha. Avoid the holes with the glue and it would probably work.

I had these on my last camaro. but i bolted them in....
Old 12-15-2015, 08:40 PM   #22
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1981 View Post
Im glad I only have to install this stuff once. They look nice installed but I wouldn't do it again. Here is a picture in case anyone was wondering what they look like installed.
Now you need the heel guards.
Old 12-16-2015, 06:50 PM   #23
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyD View Post
thanks your pedals sure do look nice
Thanks FreddyD

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 08:30 PM   #24
marticus24

Drives: 2012 ZL1
I have the black anodized version of these in my ZL1 and agree that the installation was a bit of a pain for the clutch/brake pedal due to having to drill through the steel pedals. It was only after a few tries w/the center-punch slipping around and not making a dent because the pedals kept depressing that I found a brick and to cram under each one as I worked. That made it much easier. The gas pedal and stomp pad were a breeze.

As for the questions on Heel/Toe ease - night/day difference in ability to do so. I can now do so very easily, whereas it was pretty tough due to the distance between gas/brake before. I also encountered (wide foot) that during normal driving my foot would sometimes naturally end up resting on both the brake and the gas while stopped, which just took a few miles of conscious adjustment to get used to having my foot more centered on the brake.

Overall very happy with these!
marticus24 is offline   Reply With Quote