Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-16-2009, 12:33 PM   #1
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
A True Patriot Dies

Michael Jackson dies and has 24/7 news coverage.

A real American hero dies and not a mention of it in the news. The media has no honor and God is
watching*

*Ed Freeman*

*You're a 19-year-old kid. You're critically wounded and dying in the jungle in the Ia Drang Valley, 11-14-1965, LZ X-ray, Vietnam. Your infantry unit is outnumbered 8-1 and the enemy fire is so intense, from 100 or 200 yards away, that your own Infantry Commander has ordered the MediVac helicopters to stop coming in.*

*You're lying there, listening to the enemy machine guns, and you know you're not getting out. Your family is half way around the world, 12,000 miles away and you'll never see them again. As the world starts to fade in and out, you know this is the day.*

*Then, over the machine gun noise, you faintly hear that sound of a helicopter and you look up to see an unarmed Huey, but it doesn't seem real because no Medi-Vac markings are on it.*

*Ed Freeman is coming for you. He's not Medi-Vac, so it's not his job, but he's flying his Huey down into the machine gun fire, after the Medi-Vacs were ordered not to come.*

*He's coming anyway.*

*And he drops it in and sits there in the machine gun fire as they load 2 or
3 of you on board.*

*Then he flies you up and out, through the gunfire to the doctors and
nurses.*

*And he kept coming back, 13 more times, and took about 30 of you and your buddies out, who would never have gotten out.*

*Medal of Honor Recipient Ed Freeman died on Wednesday, June 25th, 2009, at the age of 80, in Boise, ID. May God rest his soul.*

*Medal of Honor Winner*
*Ed Freeman! *
* ** **Since the media didn't give him the coverage he deserves, send this to every red-blooded American you know.*
69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:43 PM   #2
Wild Bill

Drives: Camaro 2015 RS CRM
6000 - 7/17/09
See my Thread in New York Metro Area.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33878
Wild Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:02 PM   #3
2SSJIM

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
First of all! Ed Freeman died in Aug. 2008! He was a true American Hero for sure. Cjeck SNOPES.com and they will have the corrected dates on it!
2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:42 PM   #4
respect is earned

Drives: an autobot
thats pretty amazing. the media these days are very opinionated and dont watch much news.
respect is earned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:27 PM   #5
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
kinda late but rip

and rip mj
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:56 PM   #6
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 Hugger View Post
Michael Jackson dies and has 24/7 news coverage.

A real American hero dies and not a mention of it in the news. The media has no honor and God is
watching*

*Ed Freeman*

*You're a 19-year-old kid. You're critically wounded and dying in the jungle in the Ia Drang Valley, 11-14-1965, LZ X-ray, Vietnam. Your infantry unit is outnumbered 8-1 and the enemy fire is so intense, from 100 or 200 yards away, that your own Infantry Commander has ordered the MediVac helicopters to stop coming in.*

*You're lying there, listening to the enemy machine guns, and you know you're not getting out. Your family is half way around the world, 12,000 miles away and you'll never see them again. As the world starts to fade in and out, you know this is the day.*

*Then, over the machine gun noise, you faintly hear that sound of a helicopter and you look up to see an unarmed Huey, but it doesn't seem real because no Medi-Vac markings are on it.*

*Ed Freeman is coming for you. He's not Medi-Vac, so it's not his job, but he's flying his Huey down into the machine gun fire, after the Medi-Vacs were ordered not to come.*

*He's coming anyway.*

*And he drops it in and sits there in the machine gun fire as they load 2 or
3 of you on board.*

*Then he flies you up and out, through the gunfire to the doctors and
nurses.*

*And he kept coming back, 13 more times, and took about 30 of you and your buddies out, who would never have gotten out.*

*Medal of Honor Recipient Ed Freeman died on Wednesday, June 25th, 2009, at the age of 80, in Boise, ID. May God rest his soul.*

*Medal of Honor Winner*
*Ed Freeman! *
* ** **Since the media didn't give him the coverage he deserves, send this to every red-blooded American you know.*
Rest in peace, Ed. You deserve it. I'll see you when I get there, my brother.:flag1:
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:47 PM   #7
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
RIP.

Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:03 PM   #8
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
I got this email today, now when I get emails from her I'll double/triple check them. It's ok to solute a man awarded the Medal of Honor one more time. Sorry for the late post, I'm just glad it was true.
69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:22 AM   #9
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
It's amazing what we all take for granted. We ALL do it. Some things just aren't as important as we make them.