Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-19-2014, 11:06 AM   #1
Chazdogg89

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
FR ZL1 Style Wheels Tomorrow! Questions

Hi all, I'm getting some Factory Reproductions wheels and new tires mounted tomorrow on my 2012 SS/RS. I went with the 20x10 front and 20x11 rear with new Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires. Is there anything that I should know when getting these put on? Specifically, I'm curious about the following:

1. I saw that people often need to get the hand brake line zip tied to toe rods? The references that I saw to this were on 2010 models - is that something I should still ask the shop to do on my 2012? Anything specific they should know?

2. TPMS sensors - I'm just moving the old TPMS sensors to the new wheels and selling my old OEM 20's. Will I still need to recalibrate?

Mods:
Muffler delete, CAI Intake
FR ZL1 Style Wheels; 20x9 Front, 20x10 Rear with Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar G2 Tires

Slated to install:
MGW Short Throw Shifter, BMR 1" Drop Springs, Granatelli Dimpled/Slotted Rotors, Powder Coated Calipers with Hawk Ceramic Pads, Elite Catch Can

My business: www.degrootmedia.net
Chazdogg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:38 AM   #2
bmbbl be

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
yes you need to recalibrate,,,

Decreasing the tire pressure for 8-10 seconds then wait for a horn chirp. The horn chirp may occur before or up to 30 seconds after the 8-10 second pressure decrease time period has been reached. Once the horn chirp has sounded, the sensor information is learned and the turn signal in the next location to be learned will illuminate.
  1. After the horn chirp has sounded and the right front turn signal is illuminated, repeat step 2 for the remaining 3 sensors in the following order
4.1. Right front
4.2. Right rear
4.3. Left rear
  1. When the left rear sensor has been learned and a double horn chirp has sounded, the learn process is complete and the BCM exits the Relearn mode
bmbbl be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 12:57 PM   #3
el-guapin
Trust No One!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbbl be View Post
yes you need to recalibrate,,,

Decreasing the tire pressure for 8-10 seconds then wait for a horn chirp. The horn chirp may occur before or up to 30 seconds after the 8-10 second pressure decrease time period has been reached. Once the horn chirp has sounded, the sensor information is learned and the turn signal in the next location to be learned will illuminate.
  1. After the horn chirp has sounded and the right front turn signal is illuminated, repeat step 2 for the remaining 3 sensors in the following order
4.1. Right front
4.2. Right rear
4.3. Left rear
  1. When the left rear sensor has been learned and a double horn chirp has sounded, the learn process is complete and the BCM exits the Relearn mode
THNX for Sharing!..
Old 11-19-2014, 02:22 PM   #4
earn88hardt

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro SS
If you use the same sensors and put them at the same wheel then you don't need to recalibrate.......
earn88hardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:58 PM   #5
richard200593

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by earn88hardt View Post
If you use the same sensors and put them at the same wheel then you don't need to recalibrate.......

if im not mistaken the tpms sensor is attached to the rim... so you would definitely have to pull them off of the old rim and put them on the new, which would involve buying the tpms valve stem portion again, also you may be able to get away with not recalibrating but you would have to be sure to put the correct tpms sensor on the correct new wheel (aka old right front on new right front). i would personally just recalibrate to be safe.
Zl1 factory Reproduction wheels
Bmr 1.2/1.4 springs/Oracle plasma drl lights, footwell ambient lighting, 45th Gobo lights
*Audio:
Memphis pr600 amp/Fosgate 12" t0 sub/******** stealth box
richard200593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 06:53 PM   #6
Chazdogg89

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Thanks for the tips guys. Ultimately the guy at Firestone recalibrated everything for me, and brought me in to show me the brake line too. Everything looks great, and boy I didn't expect the FR rims to be so much lighter than stock.

Mods:
Muffler delete, CAI Intake
FR ZL1 Style Wheels; 20x9 Front, 20x10 Rear with Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar G2 Tires

Slated to install:
MGW Short Throw Shifter, BMR 1" Drop Springs, Granatelli Dimpled/Slotted Rotors, Powder Coated Calipers with Hawk Ceramic Pads, Elite Catch Can

My business: www.degrootmedia.net
Chazdogg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 12:26 AM   #7
windorere

Drives: camaro
Ultimately the guy at Firestone recalibrated everything for me, and brought me in to show me the brake line too. Everything looks great, and boy I didn't expect the FR rims to be so much lighter than stock.
windorere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 04:17 PM   #8
A.VEE.BEE
So Cold!

Drives: Summit White 2015 2SS
pictures?
Old 11-22-2014, 05:03 PM   #9
dklowrider

Drives: 2012 1SS, 6spd. many mods 478 rwhp
Great job, those wheels really look.......oh, wait a minute.
dklowrider is offline   Reply With Quote