Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 03-16-2011, 09:43 AM   #1
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Paintless Dent Repair

Just had a serious dent taken care of that I got on this past Sunday on my way to OldSchoolCamaros place. Kerwin saw it and it stuck out like a sore thumb!

My dent was on the lower portion of the drivers door, fairly deep and very noticable. When I pointed it out to OldSchool he said I had to have heard something hit the car, that's how bad it looked.

Well I contacted James Cosner who does work for Hare as well as the Bentley dealership up in Zionsville and he came to my house this morning, looked it over and said he would get me restored which he did. I'm very happy with the end result. I can't tell anything ever dented my Precious! After doing the job, I invited him to the Meet & Greet Camaro Rally on July 16th and he'll be there to pass out his cards and if anyone happens to need his services, he may be able to do something onsite, especially if the service entry bay is open or available like it was last year.

Anyway, the name of the company is Indy Dents and again, his name is James Cosner, (317) 437-8328 Let him know if you call him that Joe referred you and I'm sure you'll be more than pleased with the end results.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:16 AM   #2
first one

Drives: SSRS - black, GFX, SSX wheels
Glad you got your dent patched up. Hope I don't need his services, but that's cool he's coming to Hare for the meet if anyone needs him. I take it you still have no idea how the dent happened?
Old 03-16-2011, 10:38 AM   #3
chozn4service

Quote:
Originally Posted by first one View Post
Glad you got your dent patched up. Hope I don't need his services, but that's cool he's coming to Hare for the meet if anyone needs him. I take it you still have no idea how the dent happened?
No clue! I drove from Geist to Westfield to get the sways on and I wiped the car down before I left and it was not there. Took my time on the roads all the way up to 146st and over to Westfield and never saw anything in the road but that doesn't mean someone next to me didn't run over something small to kick over and catch me. It was deep and you can ask Kerwin about how it looked. My heart sunk and I didn't know what to think?

After we installed the sways, I was moving the jack I think and that's when I noticed it. One thing about our cars or the way WE care and pamper them, once it has an imperfection, we notice it. The Dent guy said the average person wouldn't have noticed it but being the owner of the car, it was going to bother me until it was repaired. He couldn't have spoken more truer words.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:03 AM   #4
DirtTrackFan
LB#18057

Drives: 15 Chevy CC LTZ Z71,10 CamaroSS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to DirtTrackFan
Hate to hear about the dent.:( Glad it came out without a problem. My cousin has the same kind of buisness in Lafayette. I seen the pics of stuff he has fixed, it's pretty amazing the before and after. You get the sways installed? Which brand did you go with and can you tell a diffrence? Been thinking of doing just sways.
LB
Old 03-17-2011, 11:36 AM   #5
chozn4service

Yea, my dent came out without issue. You can't tell it was ever there. I'm a happy camper on this issue for sure.

Yes, got the sways installed. OldSchoolCamaro and I put them in last Sunday afternoon and YES YOU CAN TELL A BIG DIFFERENCE IN HANDLING! I recommend this as a much needed mod and why Chevy allowed these cars to hit the road without sways like these, is beyond me.
I went with the Eibach since I also have their Pro Kit lowering springs as well.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:22 PM   #6
USNSCPO
Gearhead

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Ask him to bring his tools to the Hare event. Last week somebody got me near the front of the passenger door. About the size of a dime. Doesn't appear to be any paint damage though.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:30 PM   #7
chozn4service

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNSCPO View Post
Ask him to bring his tools to the Hare event. Last week somebody got me near the front of the passenger door. About the size of a dime. Doesn't appear to be any paint damage though.
He said he would be at the event and would have his stuff with him. Really amazing to see him work. I've seen these guys work before with their metal instruments but at the end, he took some real fine sand paper, like a 5Zero and rub over the point of contact with some water and then put a polishing compound on it with a wheel and it was like new! He knows his stuff.

Anyway, you may not want to wait until July, I know I wouldn't. When I saw mine on Sunday, I made the call on Monday and dude was here on Tuesday as he had just got back in from out of town. He does come to your house and living down on the south side of Indy, I think once he heads north from home, he's all over the Indy area for service. You might want to give him a call just to see but if you prefer to wait until July Sr/Chief its on you.

Anyway, the name of the company is Indy Dents and again, his name is James Cosner, (317) 437-8328 Let him know if you call him, tell him that Joe the state trooper referred you and I'm sure you'll be more than pleased with the end results.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:39 PM   #8
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
PDR is amazing, used it once myself. Very cool, very effective method!

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:53 PM   #9
chozn4service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
PDR is amazing, used it once myself. Very cool, very effective method!
Yea it is. Thought about learning how to do it myself. I did do my Honda Element rear clam shell door which had a small crease in it. Gained access to the inside of the panel and used metal rod and massage it slowly and it turned out pretty nice.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:58 AM   #10
USNSCPO
Gearhead

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Agreed! I've had it done before on a Durango. Neat stuff. I used to live in NE, and the hail storms they get there are down right scary/deadly. Softball sized stuff every couple of years... golfballs every year. The insurance companies actually setup drive throughs after every hail storm.

Thanks Chosen. I'll ring him up. I thought maybe he'd like to have a victim to work on, for demo purposes, during the event?
Old 04-06-2011, 06:51 PM   #11
Russ
The Milkman

Drives: 2011 1LT
Im going to Hare tomorrow to have this done. I have a small dent in the rear qtr. Its in the crease. Will that make it more difficult to repair? And is it still the same guy(James) that goes to Hare on Thursdays that your talking about?
Old 04-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #12
chozn4service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Im going to Hare tomorrow to have this done. I have a small dent in the rear qtr. Its in the crease. Will that make it more difficult to repair? And is it still the same guy(James) that goes to Hare on Thursdays that your talking about?

Same guy. He used to work for Hare doing their work and then they wanted someone full time so he went on his merry way. I guess the guy they hire on staff was not as proficient so they asked James to come back on his terms of certain days a week and he still freelances throughout the area. He's really good!
Old 04-07-2011, 08:28 AM   #13
Lori's SS

Drives: Aqua Blue SS RS with Silver Stripe
I just noticed a small dent one of my quarter panels yesterday, so i am hoping this will work for me. I have had my car since January 2010 and no dings till now. It is driving me nuts!!
Lori's SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:37 AM   #14
chozn4service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori's SS View Post
I just noticed a small dent one of my quarter panels yesterday, so i am hoping this will work for me. I have had my car since January 2010 and no dings till now. It is driving me nuts!!
And it will until you get it fixed! I know the one I had, you would have thought it was a bullet hole and it was minor. The two people who saw it after I showed it to them said the average person wouldn't have seen it but because it was my car, it might as well have been 12x12 gash!