Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-03-2008, 06:33 PM   #57
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Okay, I am pretty positive (about 98% so) that the interior as we are seeing it right now is NOT going to be seen in show rooms! Atleast not as it stands. There is still work to be done before production, and I am sure that GM is going to be refining every little DETAIL of this car up until the production date.

I'm not getting my panties in a bunch just yet... I'm pretty sure this will be changed and the tach, radio, etc. might not look EXACTLY like it does in these pics. But atleast we have SOMETHING to go by now! :party0048:
Old 01-03-2008, 06:35 PM   #58
bprange

Drives: '94 Red/Black Z/28
Rear Bra

Camaro backup lights question answered? Looks like them to me....
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2008, 06:54 PM   #59
Sweeper

Drives: 2008 Suburban
Remember........."Contains less than 10 liters of fuel"

So don't floor it too often.
Sweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:16 PM   #60
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
....who are you?[I]
I'm one of the guys that worked on the showcars and then the production car. Lots of us read forums to see what people want and like and how our stuff is received and sometime we can't resist posting a tidbit. Even though we obviously can't reveal any secrets, once Bob posts a picture the cat's kind of out of the bag. Don't think for a minute that what you say about cars on the internet falls on deaf ears!

P.S. ... to answer the question after this one without completely hijacking the thread... I see the name of the car spelled wrong so many times at work and I think it's so hilarious that I just had to use it as my username.

Last edited by camero; 01-03-2008 at 07:30 PM.
camero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:18 PM   #61
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
That's great to know!
Again - without harshness (words can be decieving)can you answer me this? If you work on the Car, why did you spell Camaro with an 'e' in your name?
Old 01-03-2008, 07:26 PM   #62
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
Don't think for a minute that what you say about cars on the internet falls on deaf ears!
You are correct about them watching the Internet... They took most of the Complaints/Concerns on the Solstice/Sky early cars and fixed them with the mid year 07's and 08's. I had an early 07 Sky (VIN 251) and now have an 08, so I can attest to that fact.
So if something is not to your liking when the car comes out, make it known on here, they will do their best to fix the biggest complaint areas.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:27 PM   #63
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I love what I'm seeing of the interior. I understand it's not a finished product by far. But I can envision it cleaned up, with some chrome trim and the metallic door inserts color matched to the exterior with the strip running across the dash being the same color.

Great looking radio/AC setup imo.

Looks like those of us that want them will be able to have radio controls in the steering wheel.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:35 PM   #64
camaro10

Drives: 2012 45TH Anniversary SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
I'm one of the guys that worked on the showcars and then the production car. Lots of us read forums to see what people want and like and how our stuff is received and sometime we can't resist posting a tidbit. Even though we obviously can't reveal any secrets, once Bob posts a picture the cat's kind of out of the bag. Don't think for a minute that what you say about cars on the internet falls on deaf ears!

P.S. ... to answer the question after this one without completely hijacking the thread... I see the name of the car spelled wrong so many times at work and I think it's so hilarious that I just had to use it as my username.
If you're who you say you are then please tell them to stamp the rear quarter panel an extra time and give me my three REAL VENTS ahead of the rear wheel. PULEEEEESSSEE!! There is a road on my way to work spelled Camero! i just laugh everytime I see it!!
camaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:39 PM   #65
camaro10

Drives: 2012 45TH Anniversary SS
Hey Camero, Can you tell them the Hub in the center of the steering wheel is TOO BIG!! It's not sporty looking and really kind of cheap looking to me. Granted, I'm buying one anyway, but to Mr. and Mrs. Import, they might not be buying it if you get my drift....
camaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:12 PM   #66
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
I like that they've kept the form that was presented in the concept. I think the interior is going to be beautiful in person. Remember this is the same company that just brought us the new Malibu, which has arguably, best in class interior with respect to fit, finish and materials.

Everything is going to be ok.
z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:22 PM   #67
eR1c

Drives: 1977 Porsche 930 Turbo
hmmm, to be honest the interior looks pretty plain and cheap looking to me. What I loved about the prototype was the use of materials other than flat plastic. That suede/leather material in the prototype looked really sharp and gave the car a real warm feeling. The guages in the prototype looked like they were crystal displays of some sort. The radio nobs had a nice metalic and glassy look to them. The fit and finish of the prototype looks really really nice.

I find the spy photos of the interior to be a huge dissapointment. Plastic takes up about 90% of that interior. The guages don't appear to have glass like crystal lenses, instead I see cheap clear plastic. The air vents look like the same ones on my wife's Toyota Camry, not what I saw in the prototype vehicle.

Sadly what I see is in this spy photo is a cheap looking plastic interior that isn't inspiring and doesn't have that "got-to-have-this-vehicle" look to me. The prototype looked as good as a BMW or Porsche interior, the spy photo looks less impressive to me than a Nissan Sentra.

Sorry guys, I am sure I will get a ton of flak for these statements, I do want the Camaro to be a great car and make a great comeback. I would love to purchase one, yet I am becoming a bit skeptical if GM will be able to pull this off as a new sports car icon for the 21st century. My got to have this factor just dropped quite a bit after seeing the spy photos. I'll have to see it in person when it comes out I guess before I make a final decision.
eR1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:31 PM   #68
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
As stated several times through out the various posts here. The prototype isn't finished. Scott himself said it was about 65% done. I'm sure there's many changes that have to be made, and I'm positive that they're just fitting things together using plastic to make the molds for the other materials.

Don't pay attention to the finish yet, Fit comes first. Kinda like using clay to model the exterior of the car before starting with the metal/fiberglass/polyurethane.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:38 PM   #69
big_bank5000
Bring it back!!!!!

Drives: 2008 G8 GT (its my baby)
chevy keeps finding ways just to win me over and over again. Chevy is showing me that they will keep their word. I guess these photos give me more comfort on chevy word telling us to forget what we know about engines.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:38 PM   #70
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
So today at work I was working hard and fast to get a project done before our forecast meeting. We had the meeting, I went to lunch, and having nothing else to do for the day, I decided to check out what was new on leftlanenews.com and HOLY FREAKING CRAP I darn near pissed my pants from excitement. I was bouncing off the cubicle walls. Interior pics AND an official GM-released camo-free pic?

And I freaking love that interior! It is PERFECT in my opinion (as long as I do a photoshop in my head merging that design with new Malibu-level fit, finish, and material quality.) At first I decided to name my firstborn son Scott, but I realized there are many other people who made this wonderful car happen. So I shall have many sons and daughters, and name them all after members of this Camaro team.

Fbodfather, you can expect my deposit check in the mail, along with that virgin you asked for last time we mentioned sacrificing one...

:party0038: :party0048:
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote