Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 07:54 PM   #71
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Did I hear some tire chirp there? Bad Number 3!
Never happened

With traction control on btw. If it really did happen which I'm not sayin' it did..........or didn't.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:57 PM   #72
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Iggits...you are not getting slammed for talking bad about the V6...you are getting slammed because you are slamming peeps that are buying the V6...get it? We don't want the V8...I'm going to start a thread on that.

As for me and my grey/white hair...I'm good here in Melbourne Beach...Spring Break...with or without the Camaro. I have "facts" on that....pics...ask Spike or anyone else on postaholics. I don't need a V8 to "hopefully" get some.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
Old 03-12-2009, 08:01 PM   #73
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
WTF???^^^
Old 03-12-2009, 08:03 PM   #74
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Never happened

With traction control on btw. If it really did happen which I'm not sayin' it did..........or didn't.
Sorry, must have been the car beside you.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:05 PM   #75
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:
Originally Posted by in a hurry View Post
WTF???^^^
5 and 6 ... get it?

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
Old 03-12-2009, 08:09 PM   #76
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
Quote:
Originally Posted by in a hurry View Post
WTF???^^^
Dont mind him, he keeps talking about guys getting slammed. and has YET to say anything good about the V6 Camaro!

Back on topic!

Stout, I would say the V6 is "plenty powerfull" because, I mean come on! 304hp is nothing to laugh at, especially in a V6! There for it would have "plenty" of power for everybody! That V6 is a great engine!
Old 03-12-2009, 08:15 PM   #77
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
All bow to the king...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never2LowChevy View Post
Because if you state your opinion about ANYTHING and put out facts then your a troll. So please, just say that the V6 is great and move on.
WOW! Didn't know you were KING of the forum!
I guess you decide what is fact and fiction - EXCUSE ME. "Your" (actually its spelled you're) attacking someone is kind of silly.

But that's an opinion, and I guess this forum is for facts only, right - king?
Old 03-12-2009, 08:17 PM   #78
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
WOW! Didn't know you were KING of the forum!
I guess you decide what is fact and fiction - EXCUSE ME. "Your" (actually its spelled you're) attacking someone is kind of silly.

But that's an opinion, and I guess this forum is for facts only, right - king!
Read the rest of the thread!
Old 03-12-2009, 08:31 PM   #79
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Quote:
Read it, time to move on....
Old 03-12-2009, 08:42 PM   #80
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE

In before the close
Old 03-12-2009, 08:50 PM   #81
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Nope. I have to say quite confidently that these types of threads are mostly a pushback against sentiments like yours and StoutFiles'.

The cold, hard fact is that this isn't "just a V6", and I believe that very few who own one will be thinking they "should have got the V8". (Especially not if gas shoots back up again). Because either; #1 -- the person has never owned a V8 car, and wouldn't know any better. or #2 -- the person HAS owned a modern V8 car, and made the conscious choice not to get it, so why regret it?

Those who are dead-set on as much performance as possible will get the SS. These folks shouldn't be expected to understand the appeal of a powerful V6, because it will always be second in line to their car. It's certainly normal for these guys to believe they would always question their decision if they bought a V6, and probably true....but people of this group: you aren't buying a V6 for that reason, so stop insisting that everyone else will regret it because you would!

Anywho.... -- great post, Camaropete. They did a damn good job ensuring the Camaro has a taste of performance in every flavor.
X's 321847123408712304978

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkyLuv View Post
"because that's what I wanted."
X's 03925432049763219847634242353453457678

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT21 View Post
As for me and my grey/white hair...I'm good here in Melbourne Beach...Spring Break...with or without the Camaro. I have "facts" on that....pics...ask Spike or anyone else on postaholics. I don't need a V8 to "hopefully" get some.
hee hee hee.... I mean... pics or its not true!!! lol

to all you that dont want the V-6, GTFO of this thread. point blank.

the v-6 is a great motor with plenty of evolution ahead of it in terms of power. now, there's no replacement for displacement, but I can guarantee you there will be 6ers out there beating SS's.

for the "does it seem like they are trying to prove the v-6 is worth it" people....

STFU. the reason they are "proving" anything is because of nitwits like you that spout the crap of "if it aint a v-8, it aint a muscle car", same thing with the m6 vs a6 bull isht. ITS A FREAKING CAMARO PEOPLE, V6 or V8, Manual or Auto.... its a camaro. its a muscle car. if someone wants to buy a v-6, whoopity doo. its their money, its their car. STFU. seriously, this is retarded. im sorry that not everyone shares your penis envy that we all have to have a v-8 manual to have a "real car" but you'll get over it.

IBTL
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:53 PM   #82
garfin
Resident Disciple

Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
FWIW, here's my reaction on film while driving the V6 for the 1st time last May at Milford... and I'm a V8 guy, through and through. The V6 is really gonna raise a lot of eyebrows!

[IMG][/IMG]

Best regardSS,

Elie
Old 03-12-2009, 09:12 PM   #83
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
What sentiments? Where are these "The V6 is awful" threads? I don't see any!

I could care less if someone gets the V6 over the V8...and I already know, for it's price, the V6 is a great deal. What I am saying is that V6 owners will always be questioned why they didnt buy the V8, especially if they brag about the horsepower. If you're ok with that, then great. If not, then sorry.

These threads don't need to exist, everyone here knows 300 HP is a lot. The people that will be asking why you don't have a V8 are the people you meet in the real world. How am I supposed to interpret this thread?

Me: "The V6 is a good car but does not have the power of a V8."
*Reads Thread*
Me: "The V6 has plenty of power, now it is as good as the V8!"

Is that the goal? What is the goal of these threads other than to try and make V6 owners feel better that their car doesn't have the power of a V8? These threads make V6 owners look insecure about their purchase! Just be happy with your car!
Quote:
I still have yet to see a thread posted that sais the V6 is a bad car... and to the ones saying that people buying the V8s are compensating for something, does that mean your buying a V6 cause your a P***Y and cant handle a V8? No! NOBODY SAID THE V6 IS A SLOUCH SO STOP TRYING TO DEFEND SOMETHING THAT DOESNT NEED DEFENDING!
Quote:
It's not getting trashed. There are no "A Black Camaro is plenty black" threads. If there were, then it could be assumed that people here think the car is not black enough.

Nobody here is saying a 300 HP car is weak.
Quote:
So where did me and Stout say the V6 was a bad car? Can you quote us please... And for being uncalled for and posting crap that makes no sence, how bout calling us names??? Trash on me all ya want, im not the one on the defense about something that doesnt need defending.
Quote:
For the same reason you need 300hp... cause you want it. Why dont we all just drive boxes???
Quote:
Well I WANT both the 426hp AND a Camaro. So if its about "manhood" how come most of the females on here are getting V8s? I dont think Cyn even comes close to beeing a man(shes hot!).
Quote:
But that IS the original intent of the thread; I guess it would take a non-V6 owner to see that. It is a feel-good thread that hopefully isn't needed for anyone purchasing a V6.

There are a lot of people like this...A LOT. Just saying this thread may make a person on the fence feel better, but it won't last. If you get a V6 make sure you have no regrets. It's a great car but make sure it's what you want, because you will get some negative feedback from others. Please note that I have nothing bad to say about a V6, I'm just warning that there will be people who will knock it.
Quote:
I never said "V6 buyers will envy us". And its ok to misspell words, not everybody can be the Post Police. How come all the personal attacks? Did I offend you because it pertains to you? If so, I DONT GIVE A ┌∩┐(◣_◢) ┌∩┐ youll get over it...
Quote:
Haha. If you're going to label me a troll for voicing a truthful opinion about the topic of this thread, then I'll stick around and play the part. I'll be a security troll that makes sure the topic stays V6 positive no matter what!

Skyman, please don't come in to the thread and make comments that could possibly be interpreted as negative to the V6, otherwise you're a troll.

Everyone, this thread is ONLY about positive V6 comments! No one share your opinions if they aren't positive! No more trolls!
Quote:
Could you please refrain from talking about the V8...
Quote:
Because if you state your opinion about ANYTHING and put out facts then your a troll. So please, just say that the V6 is great and move on.
Quote:
How was that negative? In the topic of power, it will always be second best. I was stating a fact...if that fact angers so many people than you're not going to enjoy the real world much when people bring up the V8.

But that was the old me! I now see the error of my ways and am focused on getting this thread back to where it belongs...V6 positive no matter what!

Actually, no. This is one of GM's huge problems; GM and other American companies need to stop attacking each other and work together to compete against foreign automakers who are gradually increasing their share in the market. Ford isn't the real competition anymore but GM still thinks it's 1960 and wants the Camaro to be better than the Mustang, not to be better than the foreign cars in terms of quality and price.

I'm not saying foreign cars have better quality but they have that image now among most consumers and the image is all that matters.
Quote:
GUYS!!! (shaking Stout by the throat) Lets keep this on topic please! SHEESH!!! Its not about how imports are taking over, its about how awsome the V6 is! Now back on topic...

Man, the V6 Camaro is an awsome car. Anybody that doesnt buy one is really missing out!
Quote:
By casting the first stone you have created this. You can disagree with ideas but once you start insulting people you cause problems.

Back to V6 positives everyone!

(rubs throat) I'm sorry; I lost my mind there for a second! Need to keep this about V6 positives and no other opinions about anything else!

Question to Debate: Would the V6 be better classified as "plenty powerful" or "abundantly powerful"? Discuss.
Quote:
Dont mind him, he keeps talking about guys getting slammed. and has YET to say anything good about the V6 Camaro!

Back on topic!

Stout, I would say the V6 is "plenty powerfull" because, I mean come on! 304hp is nothing to laugh at, especially in a V6! There for it would have "plenty" of power for everybody! That V6 is a great engine!
Quote:

Lesson to the rest of you.

This is the most immature and revolting display I've ever seen from members here at Camaro5.

I would love to go on and on about what I think it is that motivated the two of you ........ people to absolutely ruin this thread.

You guys get the prize for being the most offensive disrespectful trolls ever on this board.

Both of you give camaro enthusiasts and members of this site a horrible name. Lucky for you I don't get to have a say in the kind of people who get to participate here.

But I do get a say in how some participate here. I copied every post from the two of you as a record just in case you want to dispute the fact the you are getting exactly what you deserve.

I'm doing it publicly because you chose to publicly ruin what all of us see is an absolute great car and a huge part of what the camaro has always been. If you have to be the guys that can't just let this conversation be then go somewhere else with your piss poor attitude. Now you know how the rest of us felt when we allowed the ABL ranting to continue. Doesn't feel so good does it.

I've never gone off like this in the some 5,000 posts I have to date. So if nothing else you two should be very proud of the fact that it was you who pushed me over the edge.

You may go now.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:13 PM   #84
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
This thread is beyond saving. Too little respect, on both sides.

Pete, if you want to try again and get a discussion going about your test drive, by all means do so. But this thread is now
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Closed Thread