Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 09-21-2010, 08:55 AM   #1
CamaroNewb

Drives: 2010 Summit White Camaro 2SS RS
Camaronewb's SW 2SS/RS and story

Well, I originally looked in to buying a Camaro last year but was told I would have an absurd wait time. I ended up buying a CGM 2009 Vette. I had it sitting just how I wanted it with the Z06 conversion and i-forged wheels amongst other things. I kept that for a year and I just never drove it. I decided to get rid of the it. One to save money on modding to buy a new house and two because I never really drove it because I love going places with my wife and daughter. Obviously that can't happen with a Vette.

I originally looked in to getting a low mileage clean GTO but after driving one I just was not completely sold. My wife has been wanting a Camaro as well ever since she saw what they looked like, so we decided to go to the dealership late one night and "look" I really had no intention of going with another car that would require any payment what so ever. I was able to put enough down on the Vette to have low payments and not owe very much on it after a year, which would equate out to not having a payment on a nice GTO. Regardless we went to the dealership to look around.

Sitting there they had the exact Camaro I wanted a year ago. Summit White 2SS/RS with the stripe package. I went from just looking to "we have to call tomorrow to get this thing". Well my wife being a teacher, was off during the summer. She went up there with my vette and found out the information for me. They offered me 2k less that what i paid for it new. That is the good thing about buying a car from the opposite coast from where I live lol. Vettes are ALOT more money here than bigger cities. She told me what they offered and I told her to have them start the paper work and I would be up there in about 20 minutes.

I fill out all the paperwork and the Camaro is finally mine. One thing stood in the way of me taking the car home immediately and that was returning my car back to stock. Well needless to say summers in South Carolina are absolutely horrible. It took me and a buddy of mine 4 hours to get it completely back to stock and I am sure I lost 20 lbs from the heat. Which I have since gained back

The next day, June 22, my wife took the vette back up there, gave it to them and picked up the keys to the Camaro. She actually drove it more than I did the first week but not since, lol. I get asked ALL the time why i got rid of my Vette for the Camaro and do regret it. I don't got in to detail as to why but I can say with a huge smile on my face that I haven't regretted it one single time. I absolutely love my Camaro and have already put 3/4 of the miles on the Camaro as I did on the Vette in an entire year.

I know that was a long read and some of you will read it, most won't, but either way thanks for looking and here is the Camaro as it sat stock followed by how it sits for now.

After adding BFXauto black wheels and pfadt springs

Last edited by CamaroNewb; 09-22-2010 at 06:33 AM.
CamaroNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:16 PM   #2
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
NICE SS!
Old 09-21-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Those wheels look great on your car. Very nice indeed!
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:15 AM   #4
CamaroNewb

I appreciate it

Ofcourse I think it looks better in person than in pics. I wish I was good enough with my camera to capture it. The camera will do it, unfortunately I just dont know how to get it to.

And of course I couldnt post pics without showing my beautiful daughter in the Camaro

Old 09-23-2010, 12:20 AM   #5
Sctrjn21

Drives: 11 Ford Edge, 09 Lexus
Your ride looks Great!!! Cute Kid too
Sctrjn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:38 AM   #6
CamaroNewb

Thank you on both comments. I absolutely love her to death. Don't know how I went through life without her now. (talking about my daughter)

I am trying so hard to not black out the lights and turn signals immediately. Trying to give my wife options for Christmas. We shall see how much longer I can hold off. Able to hold off three months now so I am doing good
Mods so far: BFXauto Black Replica wheels, Pfadt lowering springs, Black CAI Intake, VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB, 20% tint, Painted Bowties and SS Badges, Blacked out sidemarkers, RPI Designs Tail Light Covers, Painted Tail Light Bezels, Pioneer touchscreen DVD, Fieldgoal wireless Harness, AAC Plasma LED DRL, AAC Hyper white dome, trunk and license plate LED's, Blue footwell lighting.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:28 AM   #7
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
Nice looking car.

Bill
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System; Bear Rotors, Hawk HPS
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
BowlingSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:36 AM   #8
CamaroNewb

Update from this weekend:

I only have a few pics but this weekend, I painted the bowties, the SS emblems, removed the Camaro badges, and sprayed the side markers with VHT. I do not have pics to post up of the front SS emblem in white and the rear of the car. I had to do those on Sunday and it started raining which is the reason I do not have pictures of those. The way my house sits in relation to shadows and the sun, it causes for the exposure to be off in pics. I hope to go take pics this weekend somewhere.

Mods so far: BFXauto Black Replica wheels, Pfadt lowering springs, Black CAI Intake, VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB, 20% tint, Painted Bowties and SS Badges, Blacked out sidemarkers, RPI Designs Tail Light Covers, Painted Tail Light Bezels, Pioneer touchscreen DVD, Fieldgoal wireless Harness, AAC Plasma LED DRL, AAC Hyper white dome, trunk and license plate LED's, Blue footwell lighting.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:33 PM   #9
Our Nightmare
Stock??? LOL

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Looking Goood