Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #43
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I wash mine after dark. I have no place to get it out of the sun.
Dark or the crack or dawn would definitely be a better choice. Years ago, I use to go to the DIY car wash in the middle of the night. I was always able to find one in a nice neighborhood that also had electricity for my polisher. The lighting was always excellent at those facilities.

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:38 PM   #44
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee sting View Post
After reading this tread I went to Tractor Supply and bought it for $29.99 +10% off on there Grand Opening Sale ! Great timing . Thanks for the heads up !
Dang! That's a good deal! wish my place had a discount like that, but nope!

Let us know how you like the foam gun!
Old 10-26-2011, 06:40 PM   #45
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I wash mine after dark. I have no place to get it out of the sun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Dark or the crack or dawn would definitely be a better choice. Years ago, I use to go to the DIY car wash in the middle of the night. I was always able to find one in a nice neighborhood that also had electricity for my polisher. The lighting was always excellent at those facilities.
Yep, definitely worth waiting until the sun has gone down, or getting up before the sun comes up. Although, I'm not sure my neighbors appreciate waking up to the sound of an electric leaf blower
Old 10-28-2011, 12:44 PM   #46
BobbiSinister

Drives: 2011 1LT Traded for 2013 SS 2SS/RS
I just ordered one for $29.99 from that horse site. While I think $30 is a giant rip off for this plastic jar and nozzle, it's better then $60 at other places. This thing should be $14.99 at best. But that is just me getting old and bitchy. Great find and video OP.
BobbiSinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:22 AM   #47
full of days

Drives: Camaro GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbiSinister View Post
I just ordered one for $29.99 from that horse site. While I think $30 is a giant rip off for this plastic jar and nozzle, it's better then $60 at other places. This thing should be $14.99 at best. But that is just me getting old and bitchy. Great find and video OP.
That's because it comes with horse shampoo and mane detangler!! LOL

Post Tenebras Lux

full of days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:39 AM   #48
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbiSinister View Post
There is a big difference between that $30 job and the real Foamaster. Construction alone is worth the difference. As you can see by this picture, mine is made of brass and plastic, not just plastic. You can also meter it on the fly, which is something you can do with the $30 one. The flange really helps create some good foam, along with the soap you choose to use. The $60 version is definitely not a ripoff as you get what you pay for. Lastly, I've seen them on the web now for as low as $40.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:19 PM   #49
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

The foam gun I chose was because I'm cheap-o and didn't want to shell out $60 at the time. Had I the motivation to spend extra, I definitely would have gotten the Gilmour.

It's all about options and preferences.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:59 PM   #50
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

At least you can admit it. Can't fault you for that.

Old 10-31-2011, 02:04 PM   #51
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
I may be late to the party here, but where are you guys getting $60 from? You can buy the Foamaster II all day on Amazon for $40..which is only $10 more than the horse sprayer.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:09 PM   #52
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
I may be late to the party here, but where are you guys getting $60 from? You can buy the Foamaster II all day on Amazon for $40..which is only $10 more than the horse sprayer.
The original Foamaster is going for $60 at Autogeek.

Old 10-31-2011, 02:57 PM   #53
full of days

Quote:
There is a big difference between that $30 job and the real Foamaster. Construction alone is worth the difference. As you can see by this picture, mine is made of brass and plastic, not just plastic. You can also meter it on the fly, which is something you can do with the $30 one. The flange really helps create some good foam, along with the soap you choose to use. The $60 version is definitely not a ripoff as you get what you pay for. Lastly, I've seen them on the web now for as low as $40.
I paid 29 dollars for the EZ sprayer and used it 20 minutes after purchasing so there was no shipping wait or cost, etc.

The EZall does actually have a place on the top of the unit which allows for metering. You use your thumb over the top while spraying instead of the brass fitting that the Gilmore has. There are some colored fittings that come with the unit, but I found that using my thumb on top while foaming worked best.

The plastic construction is fine for my needs. Brass on the Gilmore is nice I guess. It's always good to have options and the EZall is a great alternative for a foam gun.

Post Tenebras Lux

Old 10-31-2011, 05:02 PM   #54
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Quote:
At least you can admit it. Can't fault you for that.
Hey, I'd rather be hated for something that I am, than to be liked for something that I'm not

Quote:
Originally Posted by full of days View Post
I paid 29 dollars for the EZ sprayer and used it 20 minutes after purchasing so there was no shipping wait or cost, etc.

The EZall does actually have a place on the top of the unit which allows for metering. You use your thumb over the top while spraying instead of the brass fitting that the Gilmore has. There are some colored fittings that come with the unit, but I found that using my thumb on top while foaming worked best.

The plastic construction is fine for my needs. Brass on the Gilmore is nice I guess. It's always good to have options and the EZall is a great alternative for a foam gun.
Yeah, using the foamer without the color things is the way to go, but I never tried putting my thumb over the top of the sprayer. I'll have to try that and see what it does
Old 10-31-2011, 07:19 PM   #55
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by full of days View Post
There are some colored fittings that come with the unit, but I found that using my thumb on top while foaming worked best.
Those colored things are the metering filters. You can't insert them on the fly. With the Foamaster, you can instantly go from full foam to very light foam (and in between), with the twist of the stem. Comes in handy as you get close to the bottom of the bottle. Regardless of which foam gun you chose to use, you're at least using one which is an important part of the 2-bucket wash process.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:43 AM   #56
full of days

it's crazy how such a small amount of soap generates so much foam in the EZall. I was a skeptic till I used it and saw how it attacked the dirt and contamination from the paint.

Post Tenebras Lux