Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-06-2022, 12:50 PM   #127
Falfan

Drives: 14 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-G View Post
The march to communism is ramping up hard. The ruling class, and the victims beneath their feet.
^^^ this
Falfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 01:20 PM   #128
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
The pandemic had a lot to do with it. The demand was very low, because so many people were working from home that had jobs, Most fun places were closed and people just weren't traveling. It's all about supply and demand, and now the demand is up. The oil producers here are private companies, unlike the rest of the world that are state run. Here the oil companies can't be forced to increase production. Another part of it is the stock market, with oil and fuel futures.
Not all of this reply is directly to you Slingshot.

Actually the saudis artificially inflated the market in the hopes of killing off/slowing down us production as early as later in 2014. There was a point in early 2015 that oil was at $27 a barrel. Until last year oil has been pretty low since, because the previous administration doubled down on oil production and kept us producing at high rates thru pro energy policy. It didn’t matter near as much what opec did because we didn’t need to rely on them to supply us. Presidential policy DOES have a huge effect. We didn’t go from a net exporter supplying our own needs and selling off the rest to being dependent on foreign oil all over again because the US producers woke up one day and said, hell I don’t feel like starting up the pumping units today… we have everything we need right under our feet but when regulation steps in and stifles production supply and demand steps in. You guys can blame the oil companies all you want but the true problems lie elsewhere.

When prices are low, producers largely depend on volume to stay afloat. Some money coming is on oil and natural gas sales is better than going bankrupt shutting everything in and waiting for prices to come up. In 2021 the avg us production of oil was 12.2 million bpd. Last year we were over a million BPD off at 11.18. A million barrels a day adds up pretty quick. I can guarantee you that individual producers are selling all they are able at this point, why wouldn’t they? Regulations, both federal and local are a HUGE part of the missing production. I assure you that there lots in Washington getting rich over this all.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 01:34 PM   #129
ADVMax
Sporting Foole

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
My SS is my daily driver. I’ll keep filling up until it gets really stupid then cut a deal with the boss to work from home a couple days a week. I drive about 100 miles a day.
ADVMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 02:12 PM   #130
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
I think they are just trying to get ahead of the curve, same as they did with the newer EPA standards. Also I'm sure there are some incentives going their way.
yes,the fix is in.one of my friends just called complaining about paying $4.27 a gallon for premium at sams.since hes always bragging at car shows when our two camaros are parked together that he has a V8 i just said "yeah...but you have a V8".87 is just under 4 bucks a gallon.stock traders are making a fortune at the expense of everyone else.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 03:02 PM   #131
BehindBlueI's

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falfan View Post
But , POTOS , his cabnet , and the DNCs war on fossil fuels definitely are a big contributing factor .
Decisions now take years for effects to be felt. With both politicians and the media, ignore what they say and look at the real numbers. Drilling/gas permits granted are *up* over the Trump years but granted permits is not oil out of the ground. Gearing up takes time and money, and when oil prices tanked during the pandemic there was a drawdown in investment in new drilling because of that. Now with oil prices skyrocketing, there's a lot less risk and a lot more potential reward to explore for new reserves and exploit existing reserves.

Futures traders are running prices in the short term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Not all of this reply is directly to you Slingshot.

Actually the saudis artificially inflated the market in the hopes of killing off/slowing down us production as early as later in 2014. There was a point in early 2015 that oil was at $27 a barrel. Until last year oil has been pretty low since, because the previous administration doubled down on oil production and kept us producing at high rates thru pro energy policy.
This. Saudi is a huge mover of prices.

We don't need OPEC to supply *us* now. But sometimes it's cheaper to buy from OPEC or Russia then it is to extract our own. We do need OPEC to feed our allies though, and like you said they did, and can, flood the market to drive down prices. They can afford lower prices and can maintain it long enough for competitors to shutter their operation. Note that the US did not allow exportation of crude oil between the Arab Oil Embargo of the '70s until 2016, but did allow for refined products.
BehindBlueI's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 03:10 PM   #132
BehindBlueI's

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Stop your bitching, the rest of the world pays twice what we do for fuel... SMH
I paid about 10% of what the US pays while in Qatar. I don't care what other countries pay. Other countries have different amounts of oil reserves, refining capacity, tax structures, etc. Apples/Oranges to say "well they pay this so you should be happy you pay that"
BehindBlueI's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 05:48 PM   #133
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Gas prices were low before the plandemic and we still aren’t back to full staffing with many places continuing work at home so that would only explain a minor increase, not 300% or more. It’s truly a shame this is what we get in this country. Trying to figure out which one is less bad. Term limits across the board would certainly help but it’ll never happen. You think these idiots would vote themselves out of being millionaires?
Been sayin this for years, and those same people are still in office. Who the hell doesn't want to be able to drive their Camaro Gen5 with the top down along the coast or race her at the track when you have the means and time.
Old 03-06-2022, 08:04 PM   #134
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Ok snowflake

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 12:46 AM   #135
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
anything more than 5 bucks a gallon,the economy will crater and all the asshats in power will be fired at the next election.as trump would say"miss me now?"
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 12:53 AM   #136
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
I passed by my favorite QT gas station at 6 pm and observed regular priced at $3.99. Returned at 10 pm to fill up the 2LS tank only to find the price jumped to $4.39! I've never seen that large of an increase EVER! People can tilt at windmills and believe what makes them feel good but I'll give a STRONG +1 to the fellow with the blue Camaro as he is involved in the industry for his livelihood. Remember in November.
Old 03-07-2022, 02:42 AM   #137
CookieCk

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Even with lower averages per gallon for fuel than some countries, Americans average a higher percent of their income spent on fuel than most of those countries, and average more miles driven(which is a big factor in the higher percent of income spent on fuel). So still plenty to bitch about, the price change effects people more easily here. Plus outside major cities, most places in the US don't have many(if any) decent public transport options, so no real choice but to drive. So sure, I'm very grateful we don't pay $7, $8, or $9 per gallon like some other countries, but that doesn't make a 60 cent price hike overnight any easier when my daily drive to/from work is around 4 times the average daily drive in those countries.

Not to mention since our prices were lower initially, every cent increase is a higher percent of cost than countries that already had higher costs(same thing for states with higher gas prices to start with). A 60cent increase at $3.15/gal is the same as a $1.71 increase at $9/gal, a 19% increase, and that was in a single night at the gas station by my house this past week(for 87 octane, what I put in my DD) those prices have increased another 20 cents since then, so 25% overall from the price just a week or 2 ago, which had already increased from just a month before that. In January I was getting 87octane for 2.70/gal, so that's almost 50% increase in less than 2 months. For those countries already at $9/gal that would be the equivalent of it going from $9 to $13.5/gal in 2 months. And then add in the fact we drive on average almost double the miles each day.

Last edited by CookieCk; 03-07-2022 at 03:02 AM.
CookieCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 07:32 AM   #138
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Quote:
As we march down the road to third world status you might want to revaluate the warm place you find your head occupying.
From gold backed, to oil backed, to a lying-party-in-charge-backed, I can promise you it's just starting and your worlds going to be much different in another couple years. Normal is now gone and you'd better be prepared.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 07:47 AM   #139
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
rising daily here.
now over 11 USD a gallon today. many swedish farmers are giving up.
Old 03-07-2022, 08:04 AM   #140
NOT A 45

Drives: 13 CAMARO 2SS LS3-04 SILVERADO LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieCk View Post
Even with lower averages per gallon for fuel than some countries, Americans average a higher percent of their income spent on fuel than most of those countries, and average more miles driven(which is a big factor in the higher percent of income spent on fuel). So still plenty to bitch about, the price change effects people more easily here. Plus outside major cities, most places in the US don't have many(if any) decent public transport options, so no real choice but to drive. So sure, I'm very grateful we don't pay $7, $8, or $9 per gallon like some other countries, but that doesn't make a 60 cent price hike overnight any easier when my daily drive to/from work is around 4 times the average daily drive in those countries.

Not to mention since our prices were lower initially, every cent increase is a higher percent of cost than countries that already had higher costs(same thing for states with higher gas prices to start with). A 60cent increase at $3.15/gal is the same as a $1.71 increase at $9/gal, a 19% increase, and that was in a single night at the gas station by my house this past week(for 87 octane, what I put in my DD) those prices have increased another 20 cents since then, so 25% overall from the price just a week or 2 ago, which had already increased from just a month before that. In January I was getting 87octane for 2.70/gal, so that's almost 50% increase in less than 2 months. For those countries already at $9/gal that would be the equivalent of it going from $9 to $13.5/gal in 2 months. And then add in the fact we drive on average almost double the miles each day.
Run a 50' Viking off the coast of Maryland. Last year a weekend of fishing costed about $1400. As of right now a Saturday/Sunday trip is going to cost $2250! And it will probably go up another dollar by May. Makes the $75 I spent filling the Camaro this morning not so bad.....
NOT A 45 is offline   Reply With Quote