Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-27-2020, 09:36 AM   #1
sickspeedSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS M6
Pedders Canister Shock HELP!!

Long story short, I have been of town on business. I have recently decided to take the track setup off my car as my priorities have changed and plan to street the car primarily. While I was away I did something I never do. A good friend of mine offered to set the ride height for me while I was away. Needless to say the left front shock got broke during the process. He did not loosen the canister clamp before extending the shock. Not sure what exactly broke but every ounce of oil that was in the shock is now on the floor. My question is, can it be fixed? By Pedders? Or is there anyone that specializes in shock rebuild/repair?
sickspeedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 10:23 AM   #2
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Pedders is no longer in business so I don't think they would do it. Bilstein rebuilds shocks, but only their own like the B6 I think. Looks like you may be out of luck unfortunately.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 11:24 AM   #3
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
There are shops that do suspension repairs you'd have to find one. As long as you can buy the parts it should be repairable.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 09:18 PM   #4
danvillekidd
2013 ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 m6
Contrary to the previous comment Pedders is still in business. Pedders is an Australian company. Pedders USA went out of business, but there is a new website for Pedders USA. Don't know who is running it or what. I would contact Pedders AU and see what they recommend. I know my dad sent his out to a third party company to have his serviced, but they were not broken.
danvillekidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 05:49 PM   #5
sickspeedSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by danvillekidd View Post
Contrary to the previous comment Pedders is still in business. Pedders is an Australian company. Pedders USA went out of business, but there is a new website for Pedders USA. Don't know who is running it or what. I would contact Pedders AU and see what they recommend. I know my dad sent his out to a third party company to have his serviced, but they were not broken.
I took the shock to a company that used to build our dirt oval shocks. He’s quite confident that he can fix it. I need to know what kind of pressure numbers that shock requires. I wonder if they would give that information or would anyone here know??
Old 04-28-2020, 08:17 PM   #6
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Looks like Sick is right. They have a new webpage up with products for sale. From what I've read on forums about some people getting shafted when they filed for bankruptcy reorganization, I'd be leary sending them anything to get rebuilt right now.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 06:39 PM   #7
danvillekidd
2013 ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 m6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
Looks like Sick is right. They have a new webpage up with products for sale. From what I've read on forums about some people getting shafted when they filed for bankruptcy reorganization, I'd be leary sending them anything to get rebuilt right now.

It wasn't "Pedders", it was the people running PeddersUSA. As long as it is not the same people again, I wouldn't have any problem using PeddersUSA. With what happened, I would be shocked if it was the same people.
danvillekidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 07:06 PM   #8
sickspeedSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by danvillekidd View Post
It wasn't "Pedders", it was the people running PeddersUSA. As long as it is not the same people again, I wouldn't have any problem using PeddersUSA. With what happened, I would be shocked if it was the same people.
For what it’s worth I’ve been in contact with them over the past 24 hours. They are shipping me a new shock in the morning. They assured me they are distributing the same great parts and are alive and well. I have a set of their canister shocks so it was a relief to know that I was able to secure a replacement. Maybe if anyone is in a similar situation they’ll know they can reach out to them.

Last edited by sickspeedSS; 04-29-2020 at 07:57 PM.