Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 10-18-2010, 06:33 PM   #421
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
You don't understanding me brother... That is not the right part Number...... It will not fit in the Switch.

But if you like try it.

Any way here are some pics it brighter then it looks in person, By the way it is siting on top of the dash.
Attached Images

2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:43 PM   #422
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
Not to be rude but, don't you think that the actual HUD might project a bit better than your phone?

just sayin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerB57 View Post
Hey guys,

My 2 cents, I havent read through the whole thread as i just found this thread a min ago, but my phone has a HUD and when i tried to use it in the camaro it had a horrible double image.

I hope that just has to do with how close it was to the windsheild and maybe the way the image projects from the phone.

Food for thought y'all
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:02 PM   #423
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Looking good man... thanks for the updated pic of it in use.

As for the part #'s and stuff... I'll just say this and I'll drop it because I don't think you're picking up what I'm putting down.

You are the one that posted the GM part #'s on page 1 of this thread which included 19115655 as the part number for the connector with 6 wires coming out of it. That number is for the harness, not the actual connector. It just so happens the harness is just the connector with 6 wires coming out. Again, this is a GM part #. Delphi/Packard have a different number for that connector. Delphi/Packard does not sell the harness. I actually looked up 19115655 on the GM parts site and up came a print for that harness. It shows what the Delphi/Packard part # are for the connector and the terminals. As shown in your post of you entering that part # into Delphi's website... 15488869 actually brings up some information describing it as a 6 pin connector. If you would click on the tab to the right of what you brought up that says "Prints, documents, etc...", my guess is a pdf would pop up that has a drawing of the connector. I would also guess that the connector in the drawing would look exactly like the connector you took a picture of with the 6 wires coming out.

Perhaps, I'm the one confused in all this. If you received the 15488869 part and it wasn't the right one... then I apologize. The way I understand it though, you're telling me that that simply isn't the right connector based on the fact that 15488869 is not the same as 19115655. I think I've already explained this to death. I will post a screen shot of the gm parts print that I pulled up today, tomorrow morning, so you can see what I'm talking about.

It really has no bearing on what you've done or what will going to do so really it's a moot point. I was simply trying to find a cheaper means of getting that connector for anybody that wants to, including you, as it may bring down your production costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
You don't understanding me brother... That is not the right part Number...... It will not fit in the Switch.

But if you like try it.

Any way here are some pics it brighter then it looks in person, By the way it is siting on top of the dash.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:35 PM   #424
2SSRS@Gen5diy

I understand all that, But what i am trying to tell you, Is i have the part number for the connector by its self and it not close to the number you have the alignment rails are not in the same place on the bottom as the connector you have the number for.

That's why i do not think it will fit into the Switch.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:03 PM   #425
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
I'll be #49 in line.........
Old 10-18-2010, 08:09 PM   #426
13lade

Drives: '11 SIM 2ss/rs LS3 #13363 iom seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerB57 View Post
Hey guys,

My 2 cents, I havent read through the whole thread as i just found this thread a min ago, but my phone has a HUD and when i tried to use it in the camaro it had a horrible double image.

I hope that just has to do with how close it was to the windsheild and maybe the way the image projects from the phone.

Food for thought y'all
I have an 11 SSRS and the HUD creates no double image.... But my iPod and anything else I put on the windshield DOES reflect a double image. So, no worries, the antiglare/double image issue is likely resolved with the tech within the HUD unit.

Also, I can speak from experience that 2SSRS builds an excellent harness... I got one from him for my IOM ABL mod.
13lade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:13 PM   #427
patrickt

Drives: still saving!
2ssrs you got a pm
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:45 PM   #428
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

OK... now I'm following. I understood what you were saying to begin with but, it just wasn't adding up until that bit of info. Guess I just needed you to qualify it with you visually confirming it wouldn't fit. In any case, I had the same thing happen with the homelink harness. I was wanting to do a plug n play solution but, JST sent me the wrong connector. It was the right amount of pins and very similar to the one I needed but, it just wasn't right.

I know it's frustrating for guys like us trying to get this stuff to work because we have to deal with GM and the other manufacturers and trying to get the right information is like trying to figure out how to split an atom. Actually, it's about as frustrating to do when you're doing the work for GM as well. Lots of hoops to jump through just to get a simple answer.

In any case, I apologize for the misunderstanding and glad it's cleared up. I'm really interested to see what it's going to take to get the HUD mounted now. If you need any help with getting prints or anything, let me know. I'll use my resources to help out as best I can.

Quote:
I understand all that, But what i am trying to tell you, Is i have the part number for the connector by its self and it not close to the number you have the alignment rails are not in the same place on the bottom as the connector you have the number for.

That's why i do not think it will fit into the Switch.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:59 PM   #429
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
OK... now I'm following. I understood what you were saying to begin with but, it just wasn't adding up until that bit of info. Guess I just needed you to qualify it with you visually confirming it wouldn't fit. In any case, I had the same thing happen with the homelink harness. I was wanting to do a plug n play solution but, JST sent me the wrong connector. It was the right amount of pins and very similar to the one I needed but, it just wasn't right.

I know it's frustrating for guys like us trying to get this stuff to work because we have to deal with GM and the other manufacturers and trying to get the right information is like trying to figure out how to split an atom. Actually, it's about as frustrating to do when you're doing the work for GM as well. Lots of hoops to jump through just to get a simple answer.

In any case, I apologize for the misunderstanding and glad it's cleared up. I'm really interested to see what it's going to take to get the HUD mounted now. If you need any help with getting prints or anything, let me know. I'll use my resources to help out as best I can.
Here is where its at with the install in the car, First i need to find a 2011 car and make a stencil for the cut out, Next i need the trim part,( but that will not stop the install) hope to start in a day or two at the most, But today i was ordering all the wires and plug and play connectors to make the first 50 harness, By the way if you find that GM is back ordered on the less expensive harness you will know why, I understand that its a lot of cash for one harness But like i said some time ago The info i got was from the head of sales for Delphi and he told me that the connector and Terminals are not there's.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:00 PM   #430
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Harness

PM sent!

Thanks Ofer!

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:23 PM   #431
HaZe_X

Drives: Trailblazer SS & Camaro SS
I really cant wait for this to be done! 2SSRS, you are da man! The only part that scares me is the cutting of the dash. I think you said you needed to move the AC duct work? Whatever became of that?
Old 10-18-2010, 10:49 PM   #432
2SSRS@Gen5diy

I am working on it give me two days.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:58 PM   #433
WCoolBreeze
2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Garnet Tint
If there is a Group Buy for the parts to do this, Please count me in.

Walt B.

Gen6, 2016 Camaro 2SS, Red Garnet Tint (with Silver Rally Stripes)

Ordered: 2-12-2016
TPW: 3-7-2016
Built: 3-7-2016
VIN 1G1FH78G0157626
Delivered: 4-26-2016
WCoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:13 AM   #434
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

The connector and terminals are not Delphi/Packard? Most interesting. I wonder who makes it then. There are a ton of JST connectors in the Camaro so, possibly it's one of there's. I'll pull up the 2011 Camaro prints and see what more I can find out.

Quote:
Here is where its at with the install in the car, First i need to find a 2011 car and make a stencil for the cut out, Next i need the trim part,( but that will not stop the install) hope to start in a day or two at the most, But today i was ordering all the wires and plug and play connectors to make the first 50 harness, By the way if you find that GM is back ordered on the less expensive harness you will know why, I understand that its a lot of cash for one harness But like i said some time ago The info i got was from the head of sales for Delphi and he told me that the connector and Terminals are not there's.