Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 09:24 AM   #15
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
I'm with ScubaSteve somewhat. I'm still not an owner yet, but I'm on my way. My first car was a 69 Nova 4 door straight 6 that I bought for $200. But the reason I'm not a Camaro owner yet is my own fault, I bought a house instead... I'd have to say it has always slightly bugged me when kids get nice cars, mainly because my older brother and sister got NEW cars at 17 and I got shafted...

Either way, I'll get my SS soon and I won't give a crap about that stuff anymore.

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Old 10-24-2010, 09:25 AM   #16
LosingReality

Drives: Camaro LS
Buying a 16-17 or 18 year old a Camaro SS for their first car shows no responsibility at all. All that shows them is that things are handed to them in life.....Which is far from the truth.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:30 AM   #17
mhood
Orange Camaros Rule!

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3 RS IOM
Yea...you figured me out...I hate you!!!

Old 10-24-2010, 09:32 AM   #18
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
I was thinking the parents probably could have got them a vette,but decided on a more appropriate starter car-Camaro SS!!! lol
Old 10-24-2010, 09:33 AM   #19
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Well, daddy bought me a 65 mustank when I turned 16. It wasn't a brand new car by any stretch, being beat up, 5 yrs old and only $500.00. We lived way out in the country and needed a car if I was going to work. I had to work hard to lose that beater and buy myself a better car because that ol' stank wasn't the car of my dreams but it got me around.
Hey, if parents can afford to put their kid in 30k cars these days, more power to them. Meybe they worked hard so their kids wouldn't have to.
Lazy rich kids with that sense of entitlement are just little dickwads for the most part. I don't even want to talk to them. I have nothing to share.
Hard working kids that EARN their cars and have good attitudes are amazing. I want to foster their love of things automotive and help them learn.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:33 AM   #20
Fireyodm

Drives: 2011 2SS RS
I do not hate on them for having the car but I do worry for their safety. I work as a firefighter/paramedic and have been on way too many fatalities involving young drivers who do not have the maturity to understand the dangers. There have been studies that show the area of the brain that deals with processing risk and danger is not fully developed until we are out of our teens. Many states are considering raising the beginning driving age. I just think parents should do research before putting a 430 HP loaded gun in the hands of a teenager. Just my thoughts.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:35 AM   #21
13lade

Drives: '11 SIM 2ss/rs LS3 #13363 iom seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaSSt Off View Post
I say who gives a shit... Its none of my buisness why or how somebody got the car they are driving. I know I worked for mine and thats all I am worried about is mine, not everybody elses. Not to be rude, but get over it and if you have kids, teach them to work for things they want and not to worry about how everybody else gets stuff. Shit happens.
I am with you man... I have a 6 year old daughter who is obsessed with whether or not she is getting the same things as her sisters, even down to how much juice or milk is in her cup.... I hammer this home daily to all of my kids, "forget what others have, focus on what you want and how you can work hard to get it." eventually I hope this will be pounded deep into their psyche and will carry them through whatever hard times they encounter
Old 10-24-2010, 09:39 AM   #22
camarofanatic

Drives: 2010 camaro
ill be honest my parents paid the down payment for my v6 and i pay the monthly payments and im a full time student going for respiratory care at the local community college...i work my butt off at school at work and around the house...am i lucky to have parents that did that yes...do i take it for granted thinking mommy and daddy pay for everything NO...i didnt want a camaro until i graduated college i was fine with my 94 saturn with the one side mirror that was duct taped, bondoed and riveted on

so it gets me annoyed that people think i might be spoiled but if you see how much i do for work school my family and friends out of my own will you wouldnt think im spoiled

yea maybe there are kids out there with ss's and maybe their parents bought it for them but we can't say that the kid is spoiled

sorry soapbox issue of mine
Old 10-24-2010, 09:56 AM   #23
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Doesn't bother me a bit; in fact I find it a bit hypocritical, since I'm pretty certain every single person here would've accepted a bad-ass car from their parents at that age as a gift in a heartbeat. Just sayin'.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:01 AM   #24
KEEP RT
Wonderfully Awful Idea

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I have too much to say on the subject. It's tragic in both respects, ones who earn it and those who don't. Don't judge unless you know the difference. Nothing that is given is earned and nothing that is earned is given. Sooner or later we all pay.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:04 AM   #25
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
My observation is those that have it handed to them treat things with less respect than those who work hard for it. Doesn't mean they are lesser people they just don't have to care as much. An ex neighbor kid has had at least 10 nice vehicals and trashed everyone because mom will just have step dad buy another. His last truck he tired of and used that 3 year old truck for target practice. Step father shook his head and bought another. The kid is 20 years old, living at home and doing nothing.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:07 AM   #26
camarossrs2150

Drives: abm2ssrs
here we go again.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:15 AM   #27
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
There are different levels of working for it which equates to different levels of income... It's really none of our business how someone gets a new SS because we don't know the parents motives behind the scenes.

If you are wealthy and have the cash your focus is more on motivating your kids to hit the books and do well in college. To some... this is the "work for it".

To others, like myself who's families didn't have the cash you were taught to earn the money for your car... (moved lawns for a 70 Firbird Formula).

Either way hopefully we all work for our cars in one way or another and are equally as proud of it...
Old 10-24-2010, 10:16 AM   #28
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
I agree....who gives a flying........

But when they bring it up and boast about it, you see them for the spoiled KID they are.

Closed Thread