Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-25-2009, 05:26 PM   #29
Supercop29
Old Cop!

Drives: 2SS/RS
Be hard to do with mirror wit OnStar
Supercop29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:35 PM   #30
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Geez, how did we ever do without: backup cameras, back up sensors, stay between the lines sensors, blind spot sensors, etc, etc.
I guess it was just good old fashioned look around, pay attention, listen, watch your mirrors and learn the basics and learn to DRIVE.
What ever happened to having the basic compentencey to do it yourself rather than rely on something or someone else to do the right thing for you?
Hey I'm a big proponent of technology and intelligent safety features when the worst case happens, but.....

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:04 PM   #31
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
Geez, how did we ever do without: backup cameras, back up sensors, stay between the lines sensors, blind spot sensors, etc, etc.
I guess it was just good old fashioned look around, pay attention, listen, watch your mirrors and learn the basics and learn to DRIVE.
What ever happened to having the basic compentencey to do it yourself rather than rely on something or someone else to do the right thing for you?
Hey I'm a big proponent of technology and intelligent safety features when the worst case happens, but.....
I agree. People need to learn to drive first and then they can have features that enhance their experience. Like I said before. I'm not talking about adding a crutch to the car. More of an enhancement for safety purposes.

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!

2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:09 PM   #32
SandiCandi

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
A M E N !
Old 03-25-2009, 10:26 PM   #33
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
its just a cool option...and its nice to stay up to date...im freaking ecstatic that ill be able to talk on my phone through the car radio...my gf's g35 does it and my mothers 350z did it...made me feel like shit driving around in my 92 whoopty having to pull my phone down to my lap at intersections and look around for cops...let alone the bose radios and touch screens...granted it is a sports car...but its a 21st century sports car...the problem is most of the guys on this site that hate on the modern shit are too old school to appreciate some of the newer options out there...they didnt have them growing up and didnt need them then why would they need them now...to each his own but as far as i go...im 25 and ill take all the good shit in my ride...the camaro is american muscle but im gonna be hooking it up as if it were an import as far as looks are concerned(not that a camaro could ever look like an import but i mean as far as what wheels, paint job, body kit, lighting i want...yea imma have the neon glow under my camaro!!! and what?!)...just with muscle car power/sound...TO EACH HIS OWN...i know what i like and dont really give a rats ass what others like
Old 03-25-2009, 10:30 PM   #34
HeatherR

Drives: 2009 CTS, 2008 Solstice GXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercop29 View Post
Be hard to do with mirror wit OnStar
They have it in vehicles with Onstar now (Lambdas) in the rear view mirror. It is a cool feature and it is nice they have incorporated it in a way that does not require an expensive nav upgrade. Also, just back up sensors that beep without the camera can help. Remember if they add this feature it would mean the ugly sensors on the back bumper, so maybe the camera is the way to go!

Agreed, it is not "as needed" in the Camaro compared to SUVs, trucks.
HeatherR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:41 AM   #35
joepitt

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro, 2017 Acura
We're too distracted now

Quote:
My driving class in high school had a cop come in and he said "Don't put your arm around your girlfriend while you drive. Driving and your girlfriend deserve your full attention so park if you want to give you attention to her"

'We' now have way more distractions then just the girlfriend next to us. Too many drivers are texting, talking on cell phones, eating, checking emails on Blackberrys and such to focus on driving. People don't even think about how potentially dangerous driving can be when they don't pay attention. All these things are alarms to bring us back to driving from the other stuff.
Dinah Shore, 1952: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGZvQoPxhNs
joepitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:33 AM   #36
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
I would like to see the DOT allow cameras to replace all of the mirrors, think of the design options when you don't have to have side view mirrors, or a rear window.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:04 AM   #37
rally yellow ss rs

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS RS
How about a rear view mirror that actually shows the whole width of the rear window.
rally yellow ss rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:22 AM   #38
LostInMoscow
Exiled Speed Junkie

Drives: None
As far as I'm concerned, I'd pay money to have an onstar delete! I'd prefer a real navigation system and a back up camera 100 times more than onstar. Onstar seems to be nothing more than a forced option that allows GM to make never-ending revenue off of something that people would not order as an option. IMHO, that's why the force fed it in most GM vehicles as standard equipment. I have a back up camera on my Honda Pilot, and I can't emphasize enough how useful it is. You can parallel park in much tighter spaces than you can imagine with the back up camera. I have parking sensors too, but I find the camera much more useful. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:53 AM   #39
13lade

Drives: '11 SIM 2ss/rs LS3 #13363 iom seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianschen View Post
cool ! I want install Rear View Camera also...
Hey spammer, I fixed your link for you
13lade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:12 AM   #40
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Hadn't I read somewhere that in the Japanese Gen5's that Sirrus was deleted and a in dash screen nav unit takes its place. I don't remember if a back up camera was incorporated into the system though.....................anyone have other info on this?
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:37 AM   #41
IVSauto

Drives: HAVOC 7 and 9 Camaros
We have a rear view camera system we are launching at SEMA this week and to help with the launch we are giving away a FREE system. Just send a pm with your name, address, Email and you will be entered. We will be drawing the winner next week. It has a 3.5 inch color display in the rear view mirror. The system will go on sale next week so contact you favorite Camaro5 sponsor IVS dealer. Here is a quick picture but there is more information on our website.http://ivsauto.com/site/products/rea...-camera-system
Name:  Camaro_C5_RVS.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  169.2 KB
IVSauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:42 AM   #42
04Ram2500Hemi

Drives: 04 Ram 2500 & 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Heck I'll throw my name in the hat for a free backup camera.
04Ram2500Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote