Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-26-2010, 09:58 AM   #1
DigitalMan

Drives: Acura TSX
Should I Buy It?

Ok Gang,

Here's the deal there is a 2010 2SS for sale in Maryland with $4000 plus in performance engine work, heads, cam, tune.

The car has a little less than 5000 miles on it... here is their blurb on eBay..

"Additional Performance Parts: Comp CAM Comp 7.400 Chrome moly Pushrods Partiot .650 lift dual spring kit Harmonic Balancer All done by Speed Inc. Long Tube exhaust system with NO CATS Cold air intake All purchased from Texas Speed & Performance"

My problem is being in Virginia I know I obvioulsy need cats. I called AA Speed & Custom in Woodbridge, Va and they seemed to think there were too many warning flags here. As to who would remove the cats and such and about codes.

The car sounds awesome... I have not driven it yet... they are 3 hours away.

Bottom line is the car appears to be sweet with 475 RWHP.

But the no cats scares me.... the price is not that great considering what it sells for new either.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The video... http://www.youtube.com/embed/snErJWB5HGw

Thoughts!!
DigitalMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:02 AM   #2
13lade

Drives: '11 SIM 2ss/rs LS3 #13363 iom seats
RUN AWAY. Too many mods that will not be covered by warranty.... and the asking pricce is crazy high. Look for a 2010 SS/RS with around 8k-10k for about $30k as a fair price.
13lade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:07 AM   #3
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
You should buy it but in a different color... One that you don't like but I do.

Quote:
550HP+ Custom Built Motor, Over $15k in Mods...1 Owner, Clean CarFax. Absolutely Spotless Inside and Out. This Camaro sounds like a Muscle Car from the 60's and 70's. Please watch the video at ArenaMotorGroup.com to hear the motor and get a full description of all options. Original MSRP $37,090.00 plus an additional $3130.00 in after market performance parts.
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:08 AM   #4
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
I thinks it's better to do your own mods. Then you know what you are getting and the quality of the work. You could be buying someone else's problems. And there will be warranty issues.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:08 AM   #5
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
I wonder why it was traded in. I paid less for my 2011 2SS/RS. It looks like a great car. I would try to get it lower than the 36.9K. Call Speed, Inc and ask them about the car. Since it has headers does it still have the factory warranty, I say no.

Good luck. Let us know if you buy it.

Bill
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System; Bear Rotors, Hawk HPS
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
BowlingSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:28 AM   #6
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
DO NOT DEAL WITH ARENA MOTOR GROUP! I REPEAT, I WENT THERE ONCE AND THEIR CARS HAD HIDDEN DAMAGE AND THEY WILL TRY TO RIP YOU OFF ON WHAT YOU ARE GETTING! I was even looking at a Lexus there and the salesmen would tell me one price than the manager would be like noo you have to pay another 4k for that car... Then most of the cars were being brought in from so many different places and they couldnt explain anything. It was all B.S. IMO i would look else where, there are more out there!
Old 10-26-2010, 10:36 AM   #7
DigitalMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroitalia View Post
DO NOT DEAL WITH ARENA MOTOR GROUP! I REPEAT, I WENT THERE ONCE AND THEIR CARS HAD HIDDEN DAMAGE AND THEY WILL TRY TO RIP YOU OFF ON WHAT YOU ARE GETTING! I was even looking at a Lexus there and the salesmen would tell me one price than the manager would be like noo you have to pay another 4k for that car... Then most of the cars were being brought in from so many different places and they couldnt explain anything. It was all B.S. IMO i would look else where, there are more out there!

Thanks, I appreciate the direct feedback. I was already getting some of that. Brent the salesman says one thing then Max the manager says something else.

I guess I was trying to over look it because the car sounds really good in the video. Let's face if you could really get $4000 plus of mods, you would like to do, already done, RIGHT, then it would be a time and possibly a money saver.

If it had been a Va dealer and it would have passed a Va inspection I would probably have overpaid for it! Love the cammed sound.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:46 AM   #8
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMan View Post
Thanks, I appreciate the direct feedback. I was already getting some of that. Brent the salesman says one thing then Max the manager says something else.

I guess I was trying to over look it because the car sounds really good in the video. Let's face if you could really get $4000 plus of mods, you would like to do, already done, RIGHT, then it would be a time and possibly a money saver.

If it had been a Va dealer and it would have passed a Va inspection I would probably have overpaid for it! Love the cammed sound.
Yeah Max was the guy I talked too. I was looking at a BMW M3 and a Lexus, they had told me the M3 was how perfect it is, nothing wrong. I came to buy it, it only had like an M3 body kit on it and the interior panels were falling off! The Lexus, Max was upping all the prices on me. Even a couple came in to look at a done up Mustang and walked right out on the people. I say if you want a good quality car, i would not buy it from there. I wouldnt want someone getting jipped. Im sure if you go a dealer in VA they can prob get a used one with mods brought in for you.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:18 AM   #9
klatterblast

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ssrs blk.
sorry but thats a great price i would jump on it

Magnuson TVS2300,ported heads,cam,Hotchkis suspension. Weld 17”s, Mickey Thompson’s.
klatterblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:19 AM   #10
DigitalMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTSquared View Post
You should buy it but in a different color... One that you don't like but I do.

This is pretty funny.... from $15k to $3k+ in the same description.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:31 AM   #11
klatterblast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13lade View Post
RUN AWAY. Too many mods that will not be covered by warranty.... and the asking pricce is crazy high. Look for a 2010 SS/RS with around 8k-10k for about $30k as a fair price.
dude you are way off. you will not find even a stock 2ssrs w/under 5k miles for no measly $30,000 that car is worth at least $40,000.... how would you like to lose $15,000 on a brand new car. and as far as mods these cars are made to be modded and will hold up just fine.

Magnuson TVS2300,ported heads,cam,Hotchkis suspension. Weld 17”s, Mickey Thompson’s.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:36 AM   #12
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by klatterblast View Post
dude you are way off. you will not find even a stock 2ssrs w/under 5k miles for no measly $30,000 that car is worth at least $40,000.... how would you like to lose $15,000 on a brand new car. and as far as mods these cars are made to be modded and will hold up just fine.
... Why is it 'worth' $40,000? Just because someone has put $10,000 worth of mods into a $30,000 car doesn't automatically mean it's worth $40,000 to everyone else. In general, a modded car is 'worth' less than a factory car because of it's limited appeal to buyers. I will agree that if the OP was planning on doing the exact same mods as this car has done to it, it could be a deal for him. However, to tell someone to 'jump on it' just because of price is a big stretch. $30,000 isn't "measly" to most people.

Also, there have been plenty of cases which show a non-modded car has had some type of failure. So sure, while many hold up to mods, others don't and you're taking a big gamble buying a modded car from an unknown source.
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:38 AM   #13
robsls3
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro 1SS
Unless the guys from Speed Inc can vouch for the car I say keep walking. As somebody else stated you dont know what you are walking into.

The person could have beat the crap out of it and since the warranty is gone had an issue with it. Sold/traded it in so fast before he took a major loss on it.

Keep looking.
robsls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:46 AM   #14
klatterblast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMan View Post
This is pretty funny.... from $15k to $3k+ in the same description.
what about labor you want that free too ? thats a $ 40,000 car at least.. and i dont know the seller just cant believe people expect something for nothing. i have more mods than that and i know what everything costs and if you say 2010 camaro all parts prices double and labor near $ 100.00 an hour. and i still would jump on that deal, if you would do it yourself you would spend $45,000 easy.
i have well over $60,000 invested in mine .