Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-16-2009, 09:02 AM   #1
wrek
2G1FK1EJ6-9

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Transformer
Talking I seriously hate this about my car...

Putting miles on it. I HATE IT. I love driving it but I hate having to see the odometer going up. I wish I could afford TWO of these cars. One to collect and one to drive and enjoy.

I will be driving this car a lot but I just needed to vent about how painful it is to put miles on it
wrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:05 AM   #2
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
I guess we'll all just have to suffer.

CamaroFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:06 AM   #3
wrek
2G1FK1EJ6-9

I know right? Damn it... I will have to figure out how to get another one Anyone want to purchase a child? I have several ages to choose from. lol KIDDING...
Old 10-16-2009, 09:07 AM   #4
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFemme View Post
I guess we'll all just have to suffer.

Yup. Going to have to take one for the team here.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:16 AM   #5
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Your title makes it sound like its going to be camaro specific, but thats all vehicles.
High mileage means nothing if you plan to keep it, only if you plan to sell it. So keep on driving and just enjoy the car.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:45 AM   #6
wrek
2G1FK1EJ6-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbusa View Post
Your title makes it sound like its going to be camaro specific, but thats all vehicles.
High mileage means nothing if you plan to keep it, only if you plan to sell it. So keep on driving and just enjoy the car.
TRUE! Sorry I suppose it IS all vehicles but for me, it's meant to be Camaro specific. I don't care how many miles I put on my wife's Kia Minivan.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:49 AM   #7
ctk1
Camarofanatic

Drives: 1969 SS, 1998 RS, 2010 VR 2SS/RS
I know exactly what you are saying. I wish there was a way of changing the digital display so I wouldn't have to look at the mileage. I did notice that once I hit 1000, it dosent seem to sting as much anymore
ctk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:03 PM   #8
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
My neighbor got his SS in April. He is very persnickety about things. They must be perfect for him. He has 200 miles on his and it is spotless. I got mine in May. I only have 2,500 miles on mine because I ride a Harley most of the time. I have had mine to the drag strip and have used it as much as possible. Who do you think is enjoying their Super Sport more, him or me? Enjoy your car. It is not a museum piece.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:11 PM   #9
BumbleDs

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS TF Edition
Anyone know how to shut down the odometer???

Love it or hate it, my car can transform and kick your cars @$$!
BumbleDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:36 PM   #10
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleDs View Post
Anyone know how to shut down the odometer???
there is always a way....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk1 View Post
I know exactly what you are saying. I wish there was a way of changing the digital display so I wouldn't have to look at the mileage. I did notice that once I hit 1000, it dosent seem to sting as much anymore
You can, put it on the trip. When you feel you have too many miles, just hit the reset and your back to "0"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDAN View Post
My neighbor got his SS in April. He is very persnickety about things. They must be perfect for him. He has 200 miles on his and it is spotless. I got mine in May. I only have 2,500 miles on mine because I ride a Harley most of the time. I have had mine to the drag strip and have used it as much as possible. Who do you think is enjoying their Super Sport more, him or me? Enjoy your car. It is not a museum piece.
your neighbor has an SS too... man that blows.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:41 PM   #11
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheaccount View Post
Just put it on jack stands and put it in reverse and take off all those miles...
Bueller, Bueller, Bueller
Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 04:18 PM   #12
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
I felt exactly the same way, I would constantly be looking at the odometer actually getting depressed the more miles I put on the car. I was not fully enjoying the experience of driving the car and found ways to talk myself out of going for a ride. I realized that as many of these cars that GM is making, none of them will be worth a bunch of money for keeping the miles low for many many years. I have never had a car like this and I just love driving it so much that I decided I'm not going to worry about the mileage any more. It is ruining the whole experience of driving the car and that is such a waste to me. Now I simply glance down at the odometer and feel bad for a few seconds, then it goes away.

Try to figure out why you hate putting the miles on the car, is it because how you think it will effect the future value? Or maybe just because you want the car to feel like it's forever new by not putting miles on it? Then think WHY you bought the car. Personally I bought my Camaro for the simply joy of driving it. Once I realized that the car is not going to appreciate in value for a very long time, and the fact I was missing out on the full experience of enjoying the car, I no longer obsess about how many miles are on the car.

Now I have to work on the guilty feeling I get when I run the car hard. I just intalled a new CAI Tuesday and today is the first day it wasn't raining and I could take it out and run it. I got it up to 115MPH twice and I did a pretty good burn out, when I got home I felt guilty that I wasn't treating the car right. This car is a treasure to me and part of my enjoyment is the feeling of power and the thrill of going fast. I just don't like the feeling that I am "beating" the car.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 04:24 PM   #13
myblackcamaros

Drives: #156 ZL575, 97 SS, 87 IROC-Z
I agree with this mileage deal, I want to drive it all the time but I want it to stay fun for me(special) and as close to perfect as I can. Not for the value but just because I'm a perfection freak and I'm not ready to do a frame off resto on a 2010.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:32 PM   #14
Dtowndog420

Drives: SBM 09 G8 GT/RH 15 SS 1LE
I felt this way about my G8 GT when I first got it. it's such a joy to drive, I can't resist. So my thoughts now are I can just rebuild and replace parts in the future to keep it up and once I get my camaro in a few years I can put it to rest and use it as my grocery getter and family car.
Dtowndog420 is offline   Reply With Quote