Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-03-2010, 04:16 PM   #1
RJT

Drives: LT CGM
Need in depth AAC footwell DIY

I've seen the threads on this, but I'm a complete novice when it comes to taping into wires and such.. so they seem a bit like gibberish to me..

I don't want my footwell lighting tapped into the dome light, I want it to be a stand alone light that is controlled by this switch :

http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...ingswitch.aspx

Can anyone send me a PM with detailed instructions on how to do this mod? including how to take off panels and such.. Never done a mod or a wire tap etc.. so idk what pieces/wires/terms all mean or where to get the tools i'll need..

Would be greatly appreciated
RJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:05 PM   #2
iwanttogofastNY

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM
pretty sure someone has already put this up in the DIY section........
Mods: American Racing Headers & Exhaust, Airaid Intake, Pfadt Front/Rear Sway Bars, Stealth Bulbs, AAC LED bowtie, AAC Concept LED Side-markers ABM/Tinted, 20% Tints, Chuck COW Tune, MGW shifter (blue with white racing stripes).

Coming Soon: 4:10 Gears?
iwanttogofastNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:07 PM   #3
iwanttogofastNY

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM
yep there are a bunch here is one

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54183
Mods: American Racing Headers & Exhaust, Airaid Intake, Pfadt Front/Rear Sway Bars, Stealth Bulbs, AAC LED bowtie, AAC Concept LED Side-markers ABM/Tinted, 20% Tints, Chuck COW Tune, MGW shifter (blue with white racing stripes).

Coming Soon: 4:10 Gears?
iwanttogofastNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:48 PM   #4
RJT

Drives: LT CGM
I've seen this one, but he dives into a lot of things I've got no experience with.

For example, I don't know where to get a T-Tap or how to connect them, etc..

What tools do I need in order to do this?: "stripped them, crimped on a spade/ring terminal"

Need clarification on this part.. "I attached the t-tap mating terminal to a fuse holder,"

Also, he taps into the dome light.. I mentioned I don't want to do this. I want the light to be tapped into a wire that I can turn on/off.

Also, I want to have it controlled by the LED switch I provided a link to.. All of which are not explained in that DIY.
RJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:06 PM   #5
rmnc3r

Drives: me up the wall.
Well,
as I tell a lot of 'electricians': If ya can't read a wiring diagram, ya shouldn't play with electricity; it's too dangerous. You might fry something, or worse, fry yourself.
BUT, since we are talking 12V here, there's not too much danger. Google will be your friend here to learn about such basics as 'ground' and 'hot' and 'butt connectors' and
'crimping' 'T-Taps'. The most daunting part to me is removing the panels without breaking something

Also, use the search function, search titles only, 'footwell' and you will find
several threads. Read them all, something not covered in one, may be explained in another.

Rotsa ruck, G.I. !
rmnc3r is offline   Reply With Quote