Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 10:01 PM   #43
Rollin Thunder

Drives: 07 yukon xl, 07 vette, 10 SRT8
all you have to say is it was computer generated or somthing. They cant do anything as they have no proof to any side of the story then.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:32 PM   #44
Darin Morgan
Reher Morrison Racing

Drives: Inferno Orange SS/RS
I am not going to say that I have not been guilty of excessively exceeding the speed limit when I was young and immature but age and common sense seemed to creep up on me at about 35 years of age. I love a good adrenalin rush as much as the next guy. I have well over 1000 sky dives and I love a good adrenalin rush but,,,,,,NOT at others expense and NOT in a way that puts others in danger. Going 140mph on the highway is just plain stupid. My wife being well aware of my need to attain full adrenal flow from time to time was worried about me taking the car to its limits. I told here what I will tell anyone who asks me that all to common question," How fast have you had it?"

Just about any car these days can go 120mph+ and many can hit 140mph+ so what is the big deal. The Camaro just gets there a little quicker. Your not proving anything except your willingness to endanger others lives for your stupid adrenalin rush!

Go to the race track. Its sooooo much more fun!
2010 Camaro SS/RS IOM, 475rwhp 415ft/lbs Cam-232°/245° .612 .612 113LSA. Precision 3500 stall, New Era CAI. Reher Morrison Heads, Manifold and TB. Ferrea H-stems, dual springs, Ti-retainers. American Racing long tubes-Xpipe, High flow CATs, "S"type Borla's. 160F Thermo.
VVT ACTIVE! Thanks to New Era Performance!

Darin Morgan
-Induction R&D-EFI calibration
Reher-Morrison Racing Engines
http://www.rehermorrison.com/rmSale3.htm
Phone 817-467-7171
cell 682-559-0321

Old 04-10-2010, 10:46 PM   #45
Darin Morgan
Reher Morrison Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkllr View Post
No matter how fast i have gone or not gone i would not post it on public forum. I do want to turn the car loose. I am on a search for a inactive runway or anyplace to do a legal standing mile. Having a hard time finding a place. I am willing to travel some but do not wish to drive across the country. Anyone know how to find a place like this to organize something like this.
I understand what your trying to do. You trying to take it off the street and be safe. A good landing strip is great to open one up BUT remember one thing. You loose it, roll it or crash there is no one there to hear you scream for help when your rapped in twisted metal. Thats a haunting thought when your alone but when your at a sanctioned track they have the jaws of life to open that twisted heap of metal up, get you out and life flight your butt to the trauma unit. I have seen hundreds of high speed crashes in my 30 years at the race track and only one fatality. Our team had the most horrific crash in Pro Stock history. Without the safety crew and life flight we all know what would have happened. Its call the golden hour. If you sustain internal injury and trauma like in a high speed crash you have about 1 hour to arrive at the trauma center or your chances of survival go down by 80%. At the track it takes about 30 minutes to get you out of the car and on life flight.

Just something to think about.
2010 Camaro SS/RS IOM, 475rwhp 415ft/lbs Cam-232°/245° .612 .612 113LSA. Precision 3500 stall, New Era CAI. Reher Morrison Heads, Manifold and TB. Ferrea H-stems, dual springs, Ti-retainers. American Racing long tubes-Xpipe, High flow CATs, "S"type Borla's. 160F Thermo.

Darin Morgan
Phone 817-467-7171
cell 682-559-0321

Old 04-10-2010, 11:07 PM   #46
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
The biggest problem in the NY area is the lack of places to legally do high speeds. When I was younger there was a ton of places to turn the car out. Now there are only a few, and they are crowded, not maintained great and not cheap.

They should open tracks and sell a day of insurance to cover your car, since your regular insurance will not cover an accident on a track. And maybe even offer high speed, and defensive driving lessons. It would create better drivers that are not afraid of their cars, but experienced above what it takes to drive on a public road.

And we need a lane with barriers on either side that is a "HIGH SPEED LANE" on every highway, with a pull over area with ample clearance.

This could be a lane with a minimum speed of 70 and a max of 90, to hell with HOV lanes. THis would keep the highway moving. Anyone caught going less than 70 gets convicted of low speed driving. Ahhhhhhhh, how my dreams keep me smiling!
Old 04-10-2010, 11:56 PM   #47
Ronn

Drives: 2010 Camaro
We all know what the limiter is set at and that the car will get there. They're quick, period. A lot of everyday vehicles can reach speeds of 140mph.....eventually given enough road. Now if someone wants to brag about how they shaved some time off the 0-60, had a faster trap speed or whatever by all means, cause that's awesome. I don't see the point in bragging about how fast you went in the camaro.

It's a high school prom, it's a Springsteen song, it's a ride in a Chevrolet...
Old 04-11-2010, 12:01 AM   #48
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
On a side note, what are the police gonna do? This is an internet forum, hardly legal jurisdiction for traffic citations.... Gonna give me a ticket for something they didn't witness? Don't think so. Besides, maybe I like to make up stories to sound cool, like I'm Ricky Bobby or something.

PS: I actually did go 2,358mph in my living room today. VVRRROOOOOOOM

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Old 04-11-2010, 12:05 AM   #49
riverrattcom

Drives: 2010 2SS RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
On a side note, what are the police gonna do? This is an internet forum, hardly legal jurisdiction for traffic citations.... Gonna give me a ticket for something they didn't witness? Don't think so. Besides, maybe I like to make up stories to sound cool, like I'm Ricky Bobby or something.

PS: I actually did go 2,358mph in my living room today. VVRRROOOOOOOM

Old 04-11-2010, 12:09 AM   #50
Darin Morgan
Reher Morrison Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
The biggest problem in the NY area is the lack of places to legally do high speeds. When I was younger there was a ton of places to turn the car out. Now there are only a few, and they are crowded, not maintained great and not cheap.

They should open tracks and sell a day of insurance to cover your car, since your regular insurance will not cover an accident on a track. And maybe even offer high speed, and defensive driving lessons. It would create better drivers that are not afraid of their cars, but experienced above what it takes to drive on a public road.

And we need a lane with barriers on either side that is a "HIGH SPEED LANE" on every highway, with a pull over area with ample clearance.

This could be a lane with a minimum speed of 70 and a max of 90, to hell with HOV lanes. THis would keep the highway moving. Anyone caught going less than 70 gets convicted of low speed driving. Ahhhhhhhh, how my dreams keep me smiling!
Man, I love the way you think!

Darin Morgan
Phone 817-467-7171
cell 682-559-0321

Old 04-11-2010, 12:16 AM   #51
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin Morgan View Post
Man, I love the way you think!
The answers are simple Darin. The problem is it will not make any local or state jurisdictions money.

Let's face it speeding violations are 70% about revenue and 30% about safety. Anyone that says otherwise is not living in reality. Because there are many safety answers that cost money and are never enacted.....INCLUDING, but no limited to, devises that would easily keep deer and moose away from our highways that are safe for the environment and wildlife, but cost money. There are so many animal related accidents in the North East.

I am willing to bet that the number of animal related accidents surpass speeding accidents in many areas of the country. Most accidents happen in bumper to bumper traffic and caused by distractions.

And when it comes to speeding, when you get the car up to those speeds, the faster you drive the more alert you become. Let's see how many people try to Text at 90!
Old 04-11-2010, 07:47 AM   #52
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
I agree, we have mods in place already on this forum. I don't understand why people have to play PTA here and try to police everyone. If you don't like it then move on to another thread. This is a public forum.
It may be a public forum, and because it is, there are rules in place, and it is up to the members to report to the mods when we feel there is someone posting out of line comments, Now you should know Mods can't read every post, and many have gotten away with a lot of cussing and name calling without the mods catching them. Only when they are reported many times can people be notified of their breaking of the rules.. and before anyone gets banned or anything they are usually warned a couple times.. but if they insist on keeping up their posts that do not meet forum rules they will get banned..

Although the mods do a excellent job enforcing the rules, it is up to all members to help the mods with policing the forum..
Old 04-11-2010, 11:15 AM   #53
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
It may be a public forum, and because it is, there are rules in place, and it is up to the members to report to the mods when we feel there is someone posting out of line comments, Now you should know Mods can't read every post, and many have gotten away with a lot of cussing and name calling without the mods catching them. Only when they are reported many times can people be notified of their breaking of the rules.. and before anyone gets banned or anything they are usually warned a couple times.. but if they insist on keeping up their posts that do not meet forum rules they will get banned..

Although the mods do a excellent job enforcing the rules, it is up to all members to help the mods with policing the forum..
These threads are useful to gauge member opinion on a subject...but become nearly irrelevant when it comes to doing something about it. :(

If you see a thread/post/picture/video/PM/etc that you think violates forum rules -- report it! And one of the mods will be able to address the issue almost instantly.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:54 PM   #54
moto-camaro
CEO of the Internet

Drives: the Roflcopter
Send a message via AIM to moto-camaro Send a message via MSN to moto-camaro
took me a while to click in that you guys are referring to mph, wow.
that's damned fast, and i wouldn't want anyone getting close to that unless they're either ex-F1 drivers, or have taken a ton of performance driving courses.

apart from that, wouldn't that be "instant impound" if la policia caught you?

Old 04-11-2010, 01:22 PM   #55
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post

Agreed, but now we're straying from the topic of this thread. The original post cautions people from posting recounts of their own high-speed romps on public streets, for fear that the authorities might read said posts and somehow retaliate.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Old 04-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #56
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Agreed, but now we're straying from the topic of this thread. The original post cautions people from posting recounts of their own high-speed romps on public streets, for fear that the authorities might read said posts and somehow retaliate.
I don't know where you got that that was the subject of the original post, but it wasn't even mentioned until someone else brought it up later in about the 26th post...
Closed Thread