Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-30-2008, 05:45 PM   #141
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIK07GTSTANG View Post
I'll thank Chevy for the Camaro's 6 speed if you thank Ford for making the original 1964 Mustang that started the pony wars, and the 2005 Mustang that was the catalyst for Dodge and GM's reinterpretation of the Challenger and Camaro. I think that's a fair compromise.
Sure and If the Mystical 5.0 400hp V8 comes in 2011 for the mustang then you can thank the Camaro's 430hp LS3 V8.. Deal.. In other words competition is a good thing.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:50 PM   #142
Sleeper

Drives: It has 4 wheels
The Ford Mustang has concept cars deep into the future, can't say that about the Camaro.

I can pay cash for 99% of the cars made, I just don't need a car to prove something to someone else.

toot toot
Sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:52 PM   #143
SIK07GTSTANG
Team Fordpower

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post
Sure and If the Mystical 5.0 400hp V8 comes in 2011 for the mustang then you can thank the Camaro's 430hp LS3 V8.. Deal.. In other words competition is a good thing.
Lol dude once again you're comparing things that haven't even been invented yet...you need to come up with some things that Chevy has made in the past that actually spurred Mustang improvements and developments (I'm sure there are plenty, and I'm not arguing that), and stop with the conjecture. Either way I'm done with this little argument bro, have fun with your Camaro.
SIK07GTSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:58 PM   #144
Sleeper

what do you expect from a phony cop ? LOL
Old 12-30-2008, 05:59 PM   #145
Super83Z

Drives: 1999 Z28 1983 Z28
Mus tang guys always crack me up, they go so far into left field to defend the car its funny. I read about one guy bringing up his wife's Aspen, what does that have to do with the Camaro/Mustang again?

Then the next guy says that 6 gears aren't needed. Well duh, but since family sedans and trucks are coming with them it is considered top of the line. Ford still doesn't offer a 6-speed manual. Chevy did that back in 93(late 80's if you wanna count the vette). You ask for what technological advance the Camaro has over the Mustang then when they are listed you dismiss them as unnecessary.

I'm sorry but DOD, Voice activation, 6 gears(manual or stick V-6 or V-8), IRS, a chasis good for 200+ MPH(not the 155 the Mustang is governed to), 400HP and well over 20MPG are all technological advancements that the Camaro has over the Mustang.
14 Silverado

Last edited by Super83Z; 12-30-2008 at 06:10 PM.
Super83Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:01 PM   #146
Sleeper

I hate 6 speed Manual I don't care who makes it. I am still getting use to the 5 speed LOL
Old 12-30-2008, 06:09 PM   #147
ponycrusher21
Christopher Fernandez

Drives: Toyota Prius
sorry guys. i wont do it again
ponycrusher21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:38 PM   #148
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
I don't care much for the new styling of the Mustang, but to each their own. My brother works for Ford and there have been many times I've thought about using his discount to get a well priced Mustang. The '05-'09 are really good looking cars to me but it just comes down to 1 thing. I'd rather have a Camaro again, lol. You have to give props to Ford though, for their marketing of the Mustang that has kept it in production this whole time while our f-bodies faded from existance 6 long yrs ago ().

Sure I could get a hell of a deal on a GT and toss a supercharger on it for less money than the 2SS I have on order but I love what the Camaro is bringing to the table too much to get a Mustang instead. And all the stock vs. stock comparisons really are kind of a moot point to us enthusiasts. Most of us will be modding the car in some way or another so it'll be more like who had the most money to spend on parts. I know one of the first things I'll be doing when I get my car is tossing it on the dyno to see what she's got!!!!

I'm the type of person that respects anyone that has a great looking car that is actually fast. Ford, Dodge, Chevy, Honda, BMW, 4 banger, V6, V8, V10, I don't care. If it can give me a run for the money on the track it's cool in my book. It's funny to me how some people are so against other brands and they haven't ever even owned or driven them in their life. I look forward to spending hours in parking lots talking to Mustang owners and the many others that share the same love for cars as me
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:41 PM   #149
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super83Z View Post
Mus tang guys always crack me up, they go so far into left field to defend the car its funny. I read about one guy bringing up his wife's Aspen, what does that have to do with the Camaro/Mustang again?

Then the next guy says that 6 gears aren't needed. Well duh, but since family sedans and trucks are coming with them it is considered top of the line. Ford still doesn't offer a 6-speed manual. Chevy did that back in 93(late 80's if you wanna count the vette). You ask for what technological advance the Camaro has over the Mustang then when they are listed you dismiss them as unnecessary.

I'm sorry but DOD, Voice activation, 6 gears(manual or stick V-6 or V-8), IRS, a chasis good for 200+ MPH(not the 155 the Mustang is governed to), 400HP and well over 20MPG are all technological advancements that the Camaro has over the Mustang.
There is so much here that I thought about correcting/making a reply to, but I think I'll just comment on you last statement and leave it at that. So, the Camaro chassis is engineered for 200mph? Really? Enlighten us on the specifics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN311 View Post
I don't care much for the new styling of the Mustang, but to each their own. My brother works for Ford and there have been many times I've thought about using his discount to get a well priced Mustang. The '05-'09 are really good looking cars to me but it just comes down to 1 thing. I'd rather have a Camaro again, lol. You have to give props to Ford though, for their marketing of the Mustang that has kept it in production this whole time while our f-bodies faded from existance 6 long yrs ago ().

Sure I could get a hell of a deal on a GT and toss a supercharger on it for less money than the 2SS I have on order but I love what the Camaro is bringing to the table too much to get a Mustang instead. And all the stock vs. stock comparisons really are kind of a moot point to us enthusiasts. Most of us will be modding the car in some way or another so it'll be more like who had the most money to spend on parts. I know one of the first things I'll be doing when I get my car is tossing it on the dyno to see what she's got!!!!

I'm the type of person that respects anyone that has a great looking car that is actually fast. Ford, Dodge, Chevy, Honda, BMW, 4 banger, V6, V8, V10, I don't care. If it can give me a run for the money on the track it's cool in my book. It's funny to me how some people are so against other brands and they haven't ever even owned or driven them in their life. I look forward to spending hours in parking lots talking to Mustang owners and the many others that share the same love for cars as me
Well said.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:55 PM   #150
StuMac

Drives: 2010 CMG 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN311 View Post

Cyber gray!
StuMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:57 PM   #151
Super83Z

Drives: 1999 Z28 1983 Z28
Ready for this one? The Challenger chasis is good for 200 too. When I do post it, you will just say that 200 is excessive you only go 65 on the highway, so what would the point be?
14 Silverado
Super83Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:58 PM   #152
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIK07GTSTANG View Post
I'll thank Chevy for the Camaro's 6 speed if you thank Ford for making the original 1964 Mustang that started the pony wars, and the 2005 Mustang that was the catalyst for Dodge and GM's reinterpretation of the Challenger and Camaro. I think that's a fair compromise.
you shouldn't forget that ford created the mustang to compete with the corvair. then the corvair was canceled, leaving the mustang with no competition from gm, so that's why they made the camaro

and if you're cruising 70mph & running 2.5k rpm, there's a lot of room for improvement (or a 6th gear)! even my truck runs 70 @ 1900rpm in 5th & i've got a V6 & weigh over 4000lbs!
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408

Last edited by zebra; 12-30-2008 at 07:10 PM.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:05 PM   #153
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super83Z View Post
Ready for this one? The Challenger chasis is good for 200 too. When I do post it, you will just say that 200 is excessive you only go 65 on the highway, so what would the point be?
I'm just waiting on the details. Exactly how does the chassis on the Camaro, or Challenger, differ from the S197 Mustang chassis that makes them engineered for 200 mph?
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:18 PM   #154
Krazy and old

Drives: 2007 Shelby GT 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanys View Post
I can't wait to go destroy some Mustangs on the streets after all the talk of Camaro superiority. Oh and it is hilarious to see what the blue oval boys have to say about the stang update!

Hope we don't read your obit in the paper when a VW pulls out in front of you "on the streets" racing and when you're 4/10's ahead. If you call that destroyed...ok then.

There are plenty of links to here from the Stang sites. Many of us Stang owners
are interested in the Camaro and all types of cars and hope it does well but not for racing purposes.
Krazy and old is offline   Reply With Quote