Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-29-2008, 11:41 PM   #57
bluecobaltkid
Res43cue

Drives: 2009 Ford Focus SE Sedan
Send a message via AIM to bluecobaltkid Send a message via Yahoo to bluecobaltkid
Ha!! 315hp FTL!! Ford Dropped the ball on this one. Chevy-1 Ford-0
bluecobaltkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:06 AM   #58
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Haha I cant wait to slaughter these guys verbally (cos my mate is a mustang guy) and on the road!!

BTW I was looking thru their pics and OMG .... THIS is the 2010 Mustang????

I'm never one to poke the knife in and twist it (usually) but they really dropped the ball with the styling on this one. Its horrible. Look at the rear and how far back the porthole window is HORRIBLE!!

Old 12-30-2008, 12:13 AM   #59
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
Haha I cant wait to slaughter these guys verbally (cos my mate is a mustang guy) and on the road!!

I'm never one to poke the knife in and twist it (usually) but they really dropped the ball with the styling on this one. Its horrible. Look at the rear and how far back the porthole window is HORRIBLE!!

Uh...it's just a re-skin of the current car, not a complete redesign. The "porthole" is in the same location as it is in the 2005-2009 Mustangs. I agree with you that the rear treatment, IMHO, is lacking. As far as a slaughter, if you call a football game that ends 20-17 a slaughter, then I guess I can understand this statement. Otherwise, you're in for a disappointment, I believe, as to how much hurting you will put on the Mustang GT in its 2010 form.

Last edited by garagelogic; 12-30-2008 at 12:24 AM.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:17 AM   #60
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
uuuhhhh...it's just a reskin of the current car, not a complete redesign. The "porthole" is in the same location as it is in the 2005-2009 Mustangs. I agree with you that the rear treatment, IMHO, is lacking. As far as a slaughter, if you call a football game that ends 20-17 a slaughter, then I guess I can understand this statement. Otherwise, you're in for a disappointment, I believe, as to how much hurting you will put on the Mustang GT in its 2010 form.
There you go! Thats prolly why I really dislike the shape/design of them. If you jump the Grand Canyon and miss it by an inch you're still gona be slaughtered! LOL!

Last edited by Matrix; 12-30-2008 at 12:47 AM.
Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:23 AM   #61
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
It looks boring and same old ... boring... to me on exterior. Interior starting to look too cheap up front with all the cheap Chrome.

I don't like it. Have not liked a stang since the 65-72.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:31 AM   #62
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post

You ever see a NASCAR race where one of the cars spins out and slides backwards into the wall at 150MPH? That's what seems to have inspired the rear end styling of the new Mustang!

The powder blue is "cute".

...and as far as "bang for the buck" goes, the V6 Camaro will be more fun to drive and evoke more of a feeling of quality than the V8 mustang, and since everyone seems to think that sales of the mustang are so good because of the lower price, it seems likely that a lot of mustang GT sales could be robbed by the lower priced V6 Camaro due to the more recent technology in the design at same or lower price.

In other words, the base Mustang will still sell to whomever it sells to now. If that's where all the sales of the mustang are coming from, you can KEEP those sales... there's no money in stripper models. V6 Camaro should steal higher level V6 and low-mid level V8 mustang sales. 1SS should take away mid to mid-high level Mustang V8 sales, and 2SS should put a hurt on special Mustang models.

The only place the Mustang offers more bang for the buck is in the pleather-seat/manual-crank-window/AMFM-stereo-cassette models, which the Camaro doesn't seem to have a player in. Maybe a Cobalt would be a better entry anyway.

Last edited by Captain Awesome; 12-30-2008 at 01:42 AM.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:43 AM   #63
shroomjohn

Drives: Golden Eagle
HAHAHAHA pretty funny how all these scared mustang fanboys keep popping up on the sight hey boys enjoy just a few more weeks till the fun begins
Old 12-30-2008, 03:35 AM   #64
SoSmoked

Drives: 00 camaro SS convt white
Ford keeps putting ancient technology in the mustang and slowly keep raising the price. I feel sorry for anybody excited to buy one with 8 hamsters on spinning wheels to make up that earth crushing 315hp. A new accord coupe can run a 13.8-13.9 1/4mi, with a few bolt-ons would be pooping out new slowstangs.
SoSmoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:44 AM   #65
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_burns_all View Post
the Mustangs do weigh less and it will make up the difference there.
It does weigh less, but it doesn't make up the difference. The SS is faster than the GT in every way.
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:43 AM   #66
Sleeper

Drives: It has 4 wheels
The Challenger is better than both of them LOL
Sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:49 AM   #67
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitboy View Post
Ha ha.....I might just have to go to my local ford dealer and have them price out a new mustang with all their listed options. Then when it comes up to a higher price than the camaro tell the saleman "no way...for that kind of money I'm going to get a camaro" and walk out the door
You got me laughing! You're mean...BUT I LOVE IT!!!
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:56 AM   #68
StarkyLuv
Future 5th Gen Owner

Drives: 2006 Chevy Equinox AWD/LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones14 View Post
Well, there is also another minority of Mustang owners who take their cars road racing at HPDE events. I've taken mine to Lime Rock and Loudon (New Hampshire Motor Speedway), and it easily keeps up with the IRS cars in its class, live axle and all.

Believe me, it's not like it constantly enters your mind when you're driving a Mustang that it doesn't have IRS.

On a bumpy curve it'll bounce around some, and if you're going fast enough the rear tires will leave the ground momentarily and the rear will hang out a bit. But if you ask me, that's fun!
Whatever, man? Coming on a Camaro forum defending a Mustang against all logic is well....illogical.
StarkyLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:37 AM   #69
Max
Banned

Drives: 06 Roush Supercharged GT 427HP
Name:  2008 008.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  120.8 KB now it's not that bad looking,is it? I think ford did a good job they got this chevy boy to buy one.

Last edited by Max; 12-30-2008 at 07:54 AM.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:50 AM   #70
Hesh

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro Vin 34334
Mustangs bang for the buck is going away. If you start to price the Mustang with the options that you get standard on the Camaro then they are close in price within a few hundred dollars, v6 or v8. Yes you can get stripped down Mustangs for cheaper but how many of those do you actually see driving around. Few and far between. Its not going to get any better next year either when the "rumored" 5.0 comes back and the ecoboost. To meet safety standards it will gain weight, and the price will go up for the newer engines. The difference in cost will be gone, and the deciding factor is going to be do you want a Mustang or a Camaro.
Hesh is offline   Reply With Quote