Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 11-01-2011, 10:54 AM   #57
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
I got one yesterday from Tractor Supply and used it last night, works well for me.
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:52 PM   #58
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by full of days View Post
it's crazy how such a small amount of soap generates so much foam in the EZall. I was a skeptic till I used it and saw how it attacked the dirt and contamination from the paint.
Man...I gotta find time to try using less soap...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadyshac View Post
I got one yesterday from Tractor Supply and used it last night, works well for me.
I see a red "X" for the first picture, but I can see the next one. looks good! glad you like the ez foamer!
Old 11-01-2011, 09:02 PM   #59
55Designs

Drives: 2010
never used one but man it makes a mess and uses a ton of soap

i mean does this really make a huge difference rather than sing a bucket and soft microfiber?
55Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:50 PM   #60
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Designs View Post
never used one but man it makes a mess and uses a ton of soap

i mean does this really make a huge difference rather than sing a bucket and soft microfiber?
I was told by several here that it actually does not require as much soap as I was using to generate the necessary foam.

And yes, it does make a difference when using a foam gun because it lubricates the dirt particles on your paint. By doing this, the particles glide off of the paint when you move your wash mitt across the paint. There is a video by Junkman that explains this better than I can. If I can find it, I'll post up the video.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:59 PM   #61
KickToTheJunk

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS M6 Mtv Hbo Ps3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
There is a big difference between that $30 job and the real Foamaster. Construction alone is worth the difference. As you can see by this picture, mine is made of brass and plastic, not just plastic. You can also meter it on the fly, which is something you can do with the $30 one. The flange really helps create some good foam, along with the soap you choose to use. The $60 version is definitely not a ripoff as you get what you pay for. Lastly, I've seen them on the web now for as low as $40.

That's the one I got off Amazon. Around $40 - free shipping.

I put about 2-4 oz. of Adam's Car Shampoo in the cup, fill the rest with water. When it gets low, add more water. I get mega-suds. Then again, I have pressure washer-like water pressure at my house. I sometimes worry my pipes may burst under the house - need to check that regulator.

Wish Adam could find another USA manufacturer for his Foam Guns.
KickToTheJunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:41 PM   #62
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickToTheJunk View Post
That's the one I got off Amazon. Around $40 - free shipping.

I put about 2-4 oz. of Adam's Car Shampoo in the cup, fill the rest with water. When it gets low, add more water. I get mega-suds. Then again, I have pressure washer-like water pressure at my house. I sometimes worry my pipes may burst under the house - need to check that regulator.

Wish Adam could find another USA manufacturer for his Foam Guns.
Or you can fend off un-unwanted guests with your hose!
Old 12-15-2011, 08:29 PM   #63
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Need to expose more peeps to the power of the foam gun
Old 12-16-2011, 07:36 AM   #64
WiSSDiver

Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS, 2011 2SS/RS
Foam gun rocks. Auto geeks threw the one above in for free on my last order. Ok, it was a good order, but it rocked on the 2010. Everything is put away for the winter now, but talk about funny looks from the neighbors. Between the foam gun and the leaf blower they think I'm nuts, but do compliment the cars.