Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-17-2010, 05:50 AM   #1
CamaroFreako
KMK

Drives: Slow V6 Camaro
Door light....

hello,

so, i am getting my Camaro LT/RS V6 tomorrow, but sadly the LT doesn't have the cool Light on the door that i liked, so i wanted to know if i can install it easily, or do i have to change the whole door?

do anyone know any sites that can sell them for overseas?

thanks
CamaroFreako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:00 AM   #2
PoGo

Drives: Alfa Romeo 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFreako View Post
hello,

so, i am getting my Camaro LT/RS V6 tomorrow, but sadly the LT doesn't have the cool Light on the door that i liked, so i wanted to know if i can install it easily, or do i have to change the whole door?

thanks
Hi I'm european and I'm also going to get Camaro. If you don't have a friend in US I think someone on forum will help you with shipping. I had an offer from one guy here but I've already have someone in US.
In my country there are plenty of importing companies which can get you a car and literally ship it at your doorstep. You should try google or sth. Of course it will cost extra but it's worth it.
PoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:26 PM   #3
RCLapCar

Drives: 2016 2SS A8 HB/JB
May I suggest you take a look in the cosmetic modifications forum. There are several posts of people adding the door and dash lights (ABL) using various methods. Most are pretty easy todo just take some patience.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:47 AM   #4
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFreako View Post
hello,

thanks
You have to do it yourself and go aftermarket. Simply changing the door will not do anything as the connection for the lights is inside the dash.

As for how easy it is, it isn't hard to do. Modifying the trim pieces is the hardest part and there is a lot of sanding involved. Depending on how careful you are, it can take a couple days. Check out the DIY section. There is a few threads that go in depth on how to do it and what parts you will need.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote