Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-30-2009, 06:04 PM   #1
HaveBlue

Drives: CTS/CAMARO
Edelbrock SC coming for LS3

I spoke with Vic Edelbrock at the Portland Historic Races. He told me they have an LS3 on the dyno right now with a proto supercharger. They made a new casting for the head unit that will clear the cowl on the Corvette (no cutting anything) and like the Mustang kit they would develop a kit with an Edelbrock tune to be submitted for emmisions certification and offer a Tuner Kit for a modified motor. They will have kits for both the Camaro and Corvette.
He wouldn't commit to a date but said it would be at SEMA for sure.

Last edited by HaveBlue; 07-30-2009 at 06:05 PM. Reason: spelling
HaveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:30 PM   #2
JM10
Se habla espaņol

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS VR
What type of SC? Roots, Twin Screw...
JM10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:14 PM   #3
HaveBlue

Eaton TVS in Edelbrock castings.

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...injected.shtml
Old 07-31-2009, 06:50 AM   #4
usmcjlp

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3 RJT
HaveBlue,

Great thread. I did some research last night on their Mustang System. I am really impressed with the 3year/36000 mile or 5 year/60000 mile warranty options. It is definitely a very complete and finished system.

I think it's awesome that they offer a street kit and a competition kit.
The street kit comes complete with everything you need to include fuel system upgrades and all hoses and connectors but is about $1000 more. The competition kit is for those heavily modifying the engine or tuners who would prefer to fabricate their own parts. The street kit was low 5K range and the competition kit was low 4K range. It uses the same Eaton designed and produced rotor as the magnusson. It would be great if this system came in at a lower price point and brought prices down to mustang levels.

By the way the mustang kit comes with a high flow replacement throttle body. I hope the Camaro kit includes one as well for the same price.
usmcjlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:58 AM   #5
baileyrx

Drives: 2003 g35
thats great news. the e-force systems looks great.

i havn't seen it in action yet, any word on how the mustang crowd like it?
baileyrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:10 PM   #6
HaveBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyrx View Post
thats great news. the e-force systems looks great.

i havn't seen it in action yet, any word on how the mustang crowd like it?
THe Mustang guys seem to like it a lot. Just search "Edelbrock Mustang Supercharger". Lot of threads on it. The only "problem thread" turned out to be from 2 cracked spark plugs (not provided by EDEL). Tuner was red faced but manned up and have had great results since.

I would bet that the LS3 kit will come with a throttle body. I read that Edelbrock had to buy an injection mold machine to make the nylon gears. I'm sure they will want to use it for the GM. I'd love to see them do a replacement drive by wire throttle body too.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:20 PM   #7
usmcjlp

Haveblue,

Do you have inside info? This looks like a very complete kit. I found several videos where they were discussing the high horsepower application (above 700 on 4.6 mustang). Imagine what it will do on a 6.2 LS3?

Please PM me if you find anything.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:37 AM   #8
JM10
Se habla espaņol

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcjlp View Post
Haveblue, Do you have inside info?
JM10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:41 AM   #9
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
There was a great tech' write-up in a Mustang rag' this month. I've read it like 20 times, lol. It seems they're getting very similar numbers, on stock 3Vs, as the twin screws are getting at the same psi. Very encouraging. They tested the Techco the month before and the numbers were very similar.

Either way - I'm glad we're getting so many options to FI Camaro

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:21 PM   #10
HaveBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcjlp View Post
Haveblue,

Do you have inside info? This looks like a very complete kit. I found several videos where they were discussing the high horsepower application (above 700 on 4.6 mustang). Imagine what it will do on a 6.2 LS3?

Please PM me if you find anything.
Well, yeah. When I joined here I tried to be upfront that I've worked in the industry for 30 years and am a huge Camaro fan. I've owned quite a few. But I'm not here to sell anyone anything. I'm just passing on news I hear. I've worked from parts counters to manufacturers and you develop a pretty good network in that many years. The industry is really pretty small at it's core. My biggest goal was to get you guys accurate unbiased info. Too much of what's out there is error-net stuff or not the whole story. If I can explain an urban myth I will. If I can point out an option no one else has (because it's not their part) I will. If someone posts something that's flat-out wrong, I'll correct them. I'm sure I'll piss someone off sooner or later but it aggravates the hell out of me to see inaccurate info for the sake of a sale, when I know your going to have an issue. The final choice is yours but you deserve all the info to make that decision.
A lot of what I've posted has to do with warranty questions and EPA/CARB issues. I've dealt with these for years and have a pretty good idea what the law is.
I'll try to do right by you guys.
Anyway, Vic invited me to come by the shop and see the supercharger room and I plan to take him up on it. I'll post what I can when I can.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:25 PM   #11
usmcjlp

Sorry dude, the first time I heard of you was on this thread. No insult intended, just excited about the product. It really looks like an OEM system to me, the way they integrated it.

I don't have any inside info. You can only find so much online and then you don't know the validity of it.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:03 PM   #12
HaveBlue

Oh, no insult taken. I don't expect everyone's seen my posts. Sorry if I came off that way. At SEMA last year I spoke with the Eaton reps and they were VERY impressed with the integration and OE fit of the E-Force. They were very happy to have Edelbrock using TVS's.
I think future versions won't have as much logo-ing. The Mustang guys have commented on that a lot. Also the side covers I thought were plastic, turn out to be aluminum castings, black satin powdercoated.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:16 AM   #13
usmcjlp

I actually liked the logos. It looked oem but still had the Edelbrock name. The fact that it is aluminum vs. just plastic says a lot about attention to detail.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:16 AM   #14
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue View Post
Well, yeah. When I joined here I tried to be upfront that I've worked in the industry for 30 years and am a huge Camaro fan. I've owned quite a few. But I'm not here to sell anyone anything. I'm just passing on news I hear. I've worked from parts counters to manufacturers and you develop a pretty good network in that many years. The industry is really pretty small at it's core. My biggest goal was to get you guys accurate unbiased info. Too much of what's out there is error-net stuff or not the whole story. If I can explain an urban myth I will. If I can point out an option no one else has (because it's not their part) I will. If someone posts something that's flat-out wrong, I'll correct them. I'm sure I'll piss someone off sooner or later but it aggravates the hell out of me to see inaccurate info for the sake of a sale, when I know your going to have an issue. The final choice is yours but you deserve all the info to make that decision.
A lot of what I've posted has to do with warranty questions and EPA/CARB issues. I've dealt with these for years and have a pretty good idea what the law is.
I'll try to do right by you guys.
Anyway, Vic invited me to come by the shop and see the supercharger room and I plan to take him up on it. I'll post what I can when I can.
Too much accurate information is never enough Thanks for being here to help keep things clear.

Is you background from a certain aspect of the industry your most involved in (i.e. sales, dealership, retailer, etc.)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue View Post
Oh, no insult taken. I don't expect everyone's seen my posts. Sorry if I came off that way. At SEMA last year I spoke with the Eaton reps and they were VERY impressed with the integration and OE fit of the E-Force. They were very happy to have Edelbrock using TVS's.
I think future versions won't have as much logo-ing. The Mustang guys have commented on that a lot. Also the side covers I thought were plastic, turn out to be aluminum castings, black satin powdercoated.
Thanks, guys, for being civil, and getting this cleared up. It's nice to see what have a lot of adults in our community

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote