Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-21-2009, 01:18 AM   #57
TJTKSDMJ8
I COMMAND YOU TO HOOK 'EM

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro SS2/RS R6P
That Rocks!!!

Those guys deserve a bottle of Crown!!!

Congrats Man!
Old 05-21-2009, 01:19 AM   #58
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfriday2 View Post
**EDIT UPDATED WITH PICS!***

As you guys all know my damn car has been held up in quality hold for the "ECU" reflash forever...

Findlay Chevrolet had been advertising their unveil for the tonight the 13th,

So... tonight I was on my way to the dealership to see the unveil, they were also holding a raffle for $1000.00 and they also had food and drinks for everyone... there were about 60-100 people that showed up. as I pulled in, George Herold (the fleet manager called me) and told me I was going to be late for the 1000.00 raffle. I told him I was just pulling in!

The showroom had two camaros undercover, at 6:45PM they did their unveil, one of the general managers asked for an audience member to help with the unveil, and after a few seconds George Herold asked if I was in the audience, I responded and stepped forward... The GM had me step to one side as he was giving the audience the speak about the camaro and how they were hoping to sell a bunch of them, he then told me that we had to be extremely careful with the car cover as not to scratch the car... He then said that after the covers were pulled my job was to protect the car! (He knows I do security for a living and I thought that was pretty funny.) well as soon as we lifted the cover he asked me if I recognized the color... first thing that pops in my head is NO F***NG WAY!" I don't remember what I blurted out I think it was, are you serious???, and I kind of went dizzy as I pulled the rest of the cover off... as the cover fell to the floor he blurted out, here is your car!
I couldn't believe it!! THERE WAS MY VIN #590!!! and there I AM WITHOUT MY CAMERA!!! I was absolutely in shock as I was not expecting it whatsoever... everyone there was great...

after some negotiation on my trade, and signing my life away, I took the Camaro straight up I215 to Las Vegas Blvd and cruised the strip and took the LONG way home... HE'S now happily in my driveway and i'll be able to finally get some sleep!

I want to thank George and Findlay for giving me an absolutely MEMORABLE EXPERIENCE!!, And Member Wlvrine who was there and introduced himself...

If anyone was there and got pictures PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE POST THEM... tomorrow when I get home from work i'll take plenty of pictures...
I can see you killed some bugs on the way home
Old 05-21-2009, 01:41 AM   #59
lafountain

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Congrats on getting your car and great story about its unveiling. Dealerships like this are the ones that deserve and should get the recognition for the service they provide.

I bought a car, turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
lafountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:56 PM   #60
schwieters

Drives: 2006 trailblazer ss
Congrats on your new 2010 inferno orange ss
I just wanted to let you know that i had a lot of fun working with you and it was truely exciting seeing someone with that level of passion for the all new camaro and General Motors if you need anything or have any questions just pick up the phone or stop in we are always here to help.

Thanks for your buisness

Grant

PS. help me get those 2 orders sold they have to be placed by sat 5-23-09
schwieters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:34 AM   #61
lordfriday2
Proud Owner!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to lordfriday2

OK I waited all day to post this, but to the above poster, who the hell are you talking to? you definatley were not my salesman... lol
lordfriday2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:37 AM   #62
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwieters View Post
Congrats on your new 2010 inferno orange ss
I just wanted to let you know that i had a lot of fun working with you and it was truely exciting seeing someone with that level of passion for the all new camaro and General Motors if you need anything or have any questions just pick up the phone or stop in we are always here to help.

Thanks for your buisness

Grant

PS. help me get those 2 orders sold they have to be placed by sat 5-23-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfriday2 View Post

OK I waited all day to post this, but to the above poster, who the hell are you talking to? you definatley were not my salesman... lol
Now thats funny
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote