Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-29-2010, 10:13 PM   #1
StangtoCamaro

Drives: Camaro V6
Send a message via AIM to StangtoCamaro Send a message via MSN to StangtoCamaro Send a message via Yahoo to StangtoCamaro
Unhappy Clicking sound?!?!?!

I love my new my Camaro! BUT I have two issues;

One
my radio will go blank while I'm driving. I have to press the power button two or three times to get it two work.

Two
while I'm parked or stopped with the engine on, I hear a clicking sound! Its a lil annoying now, is this normal?

Has anyone had any issues like mine? If so what was is it and how was your experience with the dealer?
StangtoCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:25 PM   #2
xshortd

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Radio: no clue
Clicking sound: from what i have researched (i too thought this was an issue) its the DI engine, it tends to be a little louder, the ticking is the pump
xshortd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:40 PM   #3
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
i would take it to the dealer.haven't heard this problem before.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:22 PM   #4
SSCam15

Drives: '83 Blk SC & '10 RYell 2SS/RS
clicking sound could be something in the fuel system? Mine has done it a few times but nothing major. Does it sound like it's coming from the back of the car? My Cobalt also does it all the time. Is it a consistent noise or does it just happen for a few clicks and then stop?
SSCam15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:39 PM   #5
cdn2usa

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangtoCamaro View Post

One
my radio will go blank while I'm driving. I have to press the power button two or three times to get it two work.

Two
while I'm parked or stopped with the engine on, I hear a clicking sound! Its a lil annoying now, is this normal?

Has anyone had any issues like mine? If so what was is it and how was your experience with the dealer?

Is the "clicking" sound coming from the rear and only lasting a few seconds? That would be normal.
Hurst Shifter,CAI,Vmax throttle body, Kooks LT Headers, High Flow Cats,Borla Touring Axle Back, ADM Scoop, Washwater relocation,Diablo Predator(c/w Ted's Magic), Custom start defeat switch, painted engine cover, shark fin & bow ties, ABL lighting, Rear Camera.
cdn2usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:25 AM   #6
PtownPendleton

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS w/RS
The clicking sound has been talked about in multiple other threads (you should look for them for some more information). But, if you are hearing a constant clicking noise coming from the motor while it is at idle, it is nothing to worry about. It is related to the Direct Injection system. DI requires very high injector pressure, and (if like the Cobalt SS, which is DI, and I am pretty sure this is the same with the camaro) the sound comes from an auxillary fuel pump that is used to reach the high fuel injector pressure needed.

Nothing to worry about if this is the clicking you here.
PtownPendleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:54 PM   #7
StangtoCamaro

Send a message via AIM to StangtoCamaro Send a message via MSN to StangtoCamaro Send a message via Yahoo to StangtoCamaro
The sound is coming from the engine. I hear it while it idles. I have to go take my car for an oil change either this week or next week so Ill see what the dealer will say. Thanks guys for the input, its always safe to ask hear first!
Old 04-12-2010, 05:45 PM   #8
StangtoCamaro

I took my care for service I was told the clicking sound is the Direct Injection, also I was my I will notice my RPM stall at a light or a stop sign when I would want to punch it. I was told that since everything is electrical my transmission is in the breaking in transition and will get better. What do you guys think? My radio will have to be replaced has well.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:18 PM   #9
Brownhornitt

Drives: 2006 White Corvette Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangtoCamaro View Post

One

Two

The clicking/ticking is totally normal. It's just the way our engine sounds. The price we pay for 312 HP and 29 mpg.