Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 05-28-2019, 12:19 PM   #435
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDF62 View Post
I had the "flush" done on my 16 2SS last week. So far so good! The tranny shifts like never before. The "flush" was taken care of under warranty. I will post if anything changes................
Did they use the new trany fluid?
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 01:26 PM   #436
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
I still believe that everyone should consider getting an aftermarket TC for these cars. It will change the drivability and make it so much better as long as you choose to the right converter. This is something I would do.
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 02:49 PM   #437
SDF62

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Yes....the new fluid was used. I did ask! The invoice shows 22 quarts being used. That does seem like a lot but I am not sure of the capacity of the A8. I assume a majority of that was to flush the system.
SDF62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 02:55 PM   #438
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
I bet the shudder eventually comes back, even with the new fluid.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:04 PM   #439
Oramac2016

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS
Still have the issue..... get a lawyer. Thats where I am with it currently. Car has been flushed a total of 8 times. 3, 3, 1, 1. The last 2 times were with new fluid, 2 different dealers. Get a lawyer
Old 05-30-2019, 01:39 AM   #440
HybridWolf69

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPack View Post
I still believe that everyone should consider getting an aftermarket TC for these cars. It will change the drivability and make it so much better as long as you choose to the right converter. This is something I would do.
Who's paying for parts and labor?
HybridWolf69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 01:40 AM   #441
HybridWolf69

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDF62 View Post
Yes....the new fluid was used. I did ask! The invoice shows 22 quarts being used. That does seem like a lot but I am not sure of the capacity of the A8. I assume a majority of that was to flush the system.
Yes it is done 3 times
Old 05-30-2019, 08:10 AM   #442
TonyNo

Drives: 2016 2SS, SW
Update: I had the latest service done a while ago and now I am experiencing the hard 1-2 shift again.
Old 05-30-2019, 03:52 PM   #443
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Probably about 5,000 miles and still good on my end.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 04:33 PM   #444
smkymntn
Smoky

Drives: 2018 1SS
I have a friend that works as service writer at dealership....new fluid is not working. Cars and trucks are coming back. Nothing new offered. Seems like GM is waiting out warranty to run out or hopefully legally they are forced to do recall. It cost me money but I chose to not wait for them to fix their **** up and went Circle D and Tcm tune. I have a 3200 stall, tuned tcm to shift a 25% increase over stock and hold 7/8 shift until 58mph and I am in love with this car again. So far I have tuned TCM, run e85, Kooks headers, borla atak catback, Katech ported TB and Cold air inductions (GMPP) Intake (yes I know Rotofab is better but it came installed) and this thing is a rocket. Light throttle is even enjoyable and it is always ready to launch with just a blip of throttle. Its not helping those who want to keep warranty but it is an option if you want to enjoy car and not worry about a fix that will probably never come.
smkymntn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 01:20 AM   #445
HybridWolf69

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkymntn View Post
I have a friend that works as service writer at dealership....new fluid is not working. Cars and trucks are coming back. Nothing new offered. Seems like GM is waiting out warranty to run out or hopefully legally they are forced to do recall. It cost me money but I chose to not wait for them to fix their **** up and went Circle D and Tcm tune. I have a 3200 stall, tuned tcm to shift a 25% increase over stock and hold 7/8 shift until 58mph and I am in love with this car again. So far I have tuned TCM, run e85, Kooks headers, borla atak catback, Katech ported TB and Cold air inductions (GMPP) Intake (yes I know Rotofab is better but it came installed) and this thing is a rocket. Light throttle is even enjoyable and it is always ready to launch with just a blip of throttle. Its not helping those who want to keep warranty but it is an option if you want to enjoy car and not worry about a fix that will probably never come.

Price?
Old 05-31-2019, 07:54 AM   #446
smkymntn
Smoky

Circle d is about 1200. Tune for tcm is about 200 to have hptuners unlock then I paid about 125 to have tuned. Granted I did a lot of other performance mods so prices will vary on tuner. Do your research for local tuners or use etunes from pros like pray performance. I smile every time I drive. Well worth the price of admission.
Old 05-31-2019, 08:05 AM   #447
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
Quote:
Originally Posted by smkymntn View Post
Circle d is about 1200. Tune for tcm is about 200 to have hptuners unlock then I paid about 125 to have tuned. Granted I did a lot of other performance mods so prices will vary on tuner. Do your research for local tuners or use etunes from pros like pray performance. I smile every time I drive. Well worth the price of admission.
I've been saying it over and over. Just get an aftermarket TC. Thats the issue here. Not fluid. Yes I know its not something you should have to buy, but it is what it is. And its actually a good thing for me. Im looking for a 16-18 A8 SS. And they will be cheap because everyone is going to know about the A8 problem. For me its a cheap fix to make an already great trans, even better. These cars RIP with an aftermarket TC and a decent tune/trans tune. But sadly most of you are warranty dependent, and will probably trade out before you can experience the joys of an auto car with an aftermarket TC.
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 08:08 AM   #448
smkymntn
Smoky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPack View Post
I've been saying it over and over. Just get an aftermarket TC. Thats the issue here. Not fluid. Yes I know its not something you should have to buy, but it is what it is. And its actually a good thing for me. Im looking for a 16-18 A8 SS. And they will be cheap because everyone is going to know about the A8 problem. For me its a cheap fix to make an already great trans, even better. These cars RIP with an aftermarket TC and a decent tune/trans tune. But sadly most of you are warranty dependent, and will probably trade out before you can experience the joys of an auto car with an aftermarket TC.
exactly right. I have 16k miles so bye bye warranty but I plan on keeping this things for a long time so whatever. Its better than living with the miserable stock setup. You really have no idea how good it can be. If anyone is in Tampa area I will gladly give a ride.