Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #29
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
Old 01-22-2012, 09:45 PM   #30
NYJETSFAN
El Hefe

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Funny shit..
NYJETSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:46 PM   #31
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1k0 View Post
Dat toilet is boss..
Yep, family heirloom. Most people pass down jewelry, property, art. Nope, these ****sticks are preparing to pass down a toilet.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #32
ColdCamaroSS

Drives: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdoogle6969 View Post
Not suprising.

One group of people saying he was taxed too much. One group of people defending his right to use state welfare programs.

IMO he would have still tried to use the welfare assistance if he wasn't taxed a dime on his winnings.
ColdCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:49 PM   #33
SirBrad
The Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
funny stuff. the son is his financial advisor. I can see that working out well in the end.
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:52 PM   #34
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
pretty sure I read some where that he already blew through the money, the guy in question I believe has a lengthy rap sheet. give money to bad people and more bad things happen!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:55 PM   #35
Drew10
Enjoys a good train wreck

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
I feel bad for those poor simple bastards. They honestly seem to think that 2 people can buy whatever they want whenever they want FOR EVER. Got to hand it to them though, they think they're the richest men alive cause they have stuff anyone with a job can get.
Drew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:56 PM   #36
HondaPowered

Drives: '09 Honda Civic LX
Did you guys catch in that second video what he was driving, an "audi convertible"

So much for that curb jumping camaro

Dream camaro is either a 1/2SS with RS, black with red stripes, or red with white stripes.

No rice with my order.
HondaPowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:00 PM   #37
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCamaroSS View Post
Not suprising.

One group of people saying he was taxed too much. One group of people defending his right to use state welfare programs.

IMO he would have still tried to use the welfare assistance if he wasn't taxed a dime on his winnings.
Ya but you don't know that. he sounded like he had a perfectly good grasp of the situation there. He called and they told them to use it. Tells me that he would NOT have used it if they told him no. Or why would he call?

I laughed my ass off. The reporter asked a question .... "This guy won 2 million dollars, is driving around in an Audi Convertable and is collecting our tax dollars for food stamps, what would you tell them?"

If I were him I'd have said .... "You're welcome".

Taking over 1 million dollars of a 2 million dollar check is F***ing ludicrous.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:06 PM   #38
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Sad really. But we all knew it even before I found this. Ended up in Jail for those illegal fireworks and pain killers.

Quote:
Leroy Fick's attorney describes how Auburn-area lottery winner squandered $850,000

MOUNT PLEASANT
— Midland attorney John Wilson said his lottery-winning client Leroy N. Fick took about a year to blow through $850,000.

At Fick's sentencing Thursday on a felony charge of illegal possession of prescription painkiller in Isabella County, Wilson said Fick lives on a fixed income of $1,100 despite having won nearly $2 million in the state's Make Me Rich! lottery in 2010. After taxes, Fick received a lump sum of about $850,000, Wilson said.

Fick spent $200,000 on the construction of a new home and about $200,000 in annuities, Wilson said. The majority of the remainder was lost in ill-advised investments suggested by Fick's friends and relatives and fireworks. Part of his winnings also went to the purchase of a Chevrolet Camaro, as seen on an October episode of the TLC program "The Lottery Changed My Life."

Fick is charged in Bay County with three misdemeanor counts of possession of illegal fireworks. Witnesses reported Fick with Roman candles, mortars and rockets at his Williams Township home on Sept. 5 and 26 and near the intersection of Flajole and West Townline roads on Sept. 27.

Isabella County Trial Judge Mark H. Duthie sentenced Fick to 45 days in jail with credit for three days served. Once he's served his time, Fick is expected to enter into a plea deal regarding the fireworks charges, Wilson said.

Fick, who continued to use a Bridge Card after winning the lottery, declined to comment when Duthie gave him the chance. Though Fick arrived in court wearing a baseball cap proclaiming his status as a Vietnam veteran, the judge ordered him to remove the hat during the proceedings.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:16 PM   #39
ColdCamaroSS

Drives: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Ya but you don't know that. he sounded like he had a perfectly good grasp of the situation there. He called and they told them to use it. Tells me that he would NOT have used it if they told him no. Or why would he call?

I laughed my ass off. The reporter asked a question .... "This guy won 2 million dollars, is driving around in an Audi Convertable and is collecting our tax dollars for food stamps, what would you tell them?"

If I were him I'd have said .... "You're welcome".

Taking over 1 million dollars of a 2 million dollar check is F***ing ludicrous.
True, but I wonder if he had the opportunity to take an annuity at a reduced tax rate versus a lump sum? Doesn't appear to matter, he would have blew thru 2 mil. just the same.

I get your point about the winnings being taxed, but it's a game that most people know the winnings are taxed heavily especially if one chooses to take a lump sum. A lottery is nothing more than a voluntary tax on the people anyways.
ColdCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:21 PM   #40
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Stay tuned , the tweeker will end up burring the old man , and after running out of money will go back to his olds habits , DARE will not be able to help this young once almost millionaire ,one can put this in the bank . Of course we are assuming that this all thing is really happening .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:22 PM   #41
jesserayjames

Drives: Drives a 2012 IOM 2SS/RS 6M
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1k0 View Post

Kid seems like an idiot IMO .

Look at the Camaro though, skip to 6:50 where he goes to the dealership and watch the poor Camaro!! You'll know what I mean when you see it!

XX's two......................................
Old 01-22-2012, 10:27 PM   #42
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Well I guess he is not the worlds most eligible bachelor anymore .

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote